What's new

Question - Ermac Ermac has a 1f difference between his overhead and low on first hit. Is this cheap?

Wigy

There it is...
Ok. Sounds fair. It's just being on the defensive end against ermac without meter is a joke sometimes.
Its like that for a lot of the cast. Ermac hasn't got any decent fast mids really, so its not like my main cassie where i get in on you easily and then its mixup city

jokey77

Character Loyalist
He gets full punished on block. Its a 50/50 for him too.
this! ... actually his 50/50 is quite easy to punish with a full combo. plenty of characters can dish out way more damage than Ermac so it is not so much in Ermacs favor as all these narrow minded people think. in fact Ermac's real strength is the amount of meter he usually has, because he doesn't need it for combos or to ex specials. this meter can be spent on a breaker if Ermac should guess wrong.

one could argue that this whole design of Ermac is stupid; and I might even agree to some extend. But is it "too strong"? - Of course not. In fact every sane person sees Ermac far from top tier.

Ermac has plenty of severe flaws, like he has a damn hard time getting in. besides he can hardly open up the opponent once he got in (apart from the 50/50, which also has a rather slow start-up and should only be used after a successful poke). his whole defense sucks... and I could go on and on.

actually in most cases forcing the opponent into a guessing game is some sort of "last resort", as most of the time this risk is what Ermac wants to avoid as long as possible. I could explain why in more detail, but then again all these narrow minded people won't think any further than "oh, a 50/50 and I could guess wrong thus it has to be broken" anyway.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I really feel like Ermac's design is wrong. Like I get that we get big damamge for the 50/50 but it's unsafe as hell and he can't get in easily. So in MoS where his big damage is, we're risking a lot for getting a lot, but we also have to sturggle just to make the risk.

He should have stayed true to his space control roots. I'm just trying to reconcile a way for MoS to be space control but also not be the same as Mystic. Maybe MoS be space control with the intent of getting close while Mystic is space control with the intent of putting them full screen. That's my thoughts on what he should have been at least.