What's new

Question - Ermac Ermac has a 1f difference between his overhead and low on first hit. Is this cheap?

Same thing for kano(cutthroat). I know you can delay wakeups or whatever, but if you block a jump in, or get knocked down and your opponent confirms your particular wakeup timing, you're forced into a true 50/50 because the gap is too tight. Were there situations like this in mk9?

Last edited:

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Same thing for kano(cuttrhoat). I know you can delay wakeups or whatever, but if you block a jump in, or get knocked down and your opponent confirms your particular wakeup timing, you're faced into a true 50/50 because the gap is too tight. Were there situations like this in mk9?
This wouldn't be a problem if the game allowed users to fuzzy guard moves under 20 frames.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
He's fine. He's already unsafe as it is. He might be the most balanced character in the game. Cheap but not too cheap.

Notez4

Noob
What are the start up frames on both moves and is there a visual difference big enough to distinguish one from the other? sorry not around a console at the moment.

What are the start up frames on both moves and is there a visual difference big enough to distinguish one from the other? sorry not around a console at the moment.
overhead (crown breaker - f4) is 12
low (ankle snap - b3) is 13
And yes there is a visual difference.... you realize it after you got clocked in the head, or hit low.

D4G

Win At All Cost
I never knew this, that explains why when I've purposefully blocked low then high I still get hit.

This wouldn't be a problem if the game allowed users to fuzzy guard moves under 20 frames.
My method of blocking particular strings with reasonable gaps is similar to how you would fuzzy guard in the previous installment, except you either tap down or up in between each hit to cover all possible options. Not the best method of defense, but if i had to accept that EVERY hit is a possible, 50/50 and there's nothing you can do about it i'd throw this game in the trash.

Afumba

Noob
Same thing for kano(cutthroat). I know you can delay wakeups or whatever, but if you block a jump in, or get knocked down and your opponent confirms your particular wakeup timing, you're forced into a true 50/50 because the gap is too tight. Were there situations like this in mk9?
Thats how lots of 50/50s work in this game. Block one and hope its the one. At least Ermacs overhead is unsafe and his 50/50 is of off a single hit.

Also on the wake-up thing... you still have options beside of just taking it/guessing... for example you could still wake up with armor and beat his b3/f4 attempt.

MK9 didnt play like this as it didnt have gazillions of 50/50s into full combo all over the place & defensie tools were not that underpowered compared to offense. My oppinion anyways.

Afumba

Noob
Maybe scale him a bit then? I mean the dude gets like 38% off of a guess.
He already has some sort of hard cap. If they scale him a bit one could propably reach the same damage anyway.

Dont get me wrong - in general i agree that this type of damage is too high out of a guess but before Ermac receives such a threatment they are lots of others that need it more. In this game this type of damage is normal for this situations.

zaf

professor
Nothing wrong at all with having a 50/50 that are 11 and 12 frames
He is not a footsies character. He rushes down. He Needs his 50/50
If he hits you, he gets a combo
If he is blocked, you get a combo.
he is very unsafe so the risk reward pays off.

Just need to learn the match up, and not let the ermac get close to you.