What's new

Ermac General Discussion

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Ermac's damage output did seem on the lower end, but he is striking me as a Nitara on steroids, with thousands of feignts and cancels at every touch, so perhaps it makes sense.

Aesthetically he's 10/10.

Move wise, like conceptually, I like it. There's a lot of neat/awkward tools that build quite the interesting kit. I'm hoping the frame data on it all isn't like launch Quan where he just winds up in the dirt, but to be fair they did patch Quan into a real boy.

I noticed his low damage too. But i think kameo extensions will fix that problem.

I really couldn't make a prediction of his tier placement by the cast. Like I can simultaneously see Sonic main him and get him nerfed to the ground for being OP and i can see him being a lil wonky to play, with kinda fake pressure (similar to nitara) and two bars of meter for a low damage mix similar to quan.

Gonna play him either way, tho.

Damage looks low but Im pretty sure the right kameo will make it decent.
Doesnt neccessarily even require a specific kameo,none of the combos shown were optimal.Just theory crafting the route could be some type of launch into flight cancle into soul burst dash cancle into ex lift,then air string into kameo extension into b2(special move) crumple into ender,should be well above the 300 damage combo shown on the kast.

Yeah his anti air burst did 10 unscaled so thats where the damage will come from
Yeah,looking forward to trying if soul burst loops are possible hah that would be sick actually.

Also wonder if he still has his haha step from mk9,with the b2 cancle,first thing i will try,for some reason its very satsfting to do.

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
I was hoping is buff would apply something more unique. As presented, its the same meter shield that Emchantress had. Maybe theres more to it

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Yeah,looking forward to trying if soul burst loops are possible hah that would be sick actually.

Also wonder if he still has his haha step from mk9,with the b2 cancle,first thing i will try,for some reason its very satsfting to do.
He has that overhead cancel which is similar and a float and a low off of a float ,, im never going to stop pressing buttons loool

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Just as a general FYI, you get penalized on damage every time you float within a combo. Makes no sense at all, but that's how it works as of right now.

This can be verified by simply doing whatever opener you like into ex lift, and instead of going right into whatever air string you prefer, do a float (I was doing it just to build a little meter) before inputting your air string. The same combo will do significantly less damage just because you floated.

Edit: Video proof if it makes it easier

Mortal Kombat™ 1 2024 04 20 23 09 54 (youtube.com)

Last edited:

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
So he only really has one viable brute in bf2 it seems? The ones off of bf1 and bf3 don't seem to trigger on airborne opponents, which is a shame. No way to restand them outside of spending 2 bars on ex db3. Unless they're knocking on death's door already, you'll never be able to use them. Or am I missing something?

Edited for typo

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
Just as a general FYI, you get penalized on damage every time you float within a combo. Makes no sense at all, but that's how it works as of right now.

This can be verified by simply doing whatever opener you like into ex lift, and instead of going right into whatever air string you prefer, do a float (I was doing it just to build a little meter) before inputting your air string. The same combo will do significantly less damage just because you floated.

Edit: Video proof if it makes it easier

Mortal Kombat™ 1 2024 04 20 23 09 54 (youtube.com)
Yea this is extremly stupid. Totally ridiculous.

So he only really has one viable brute in bf2 it seems? The ones off of bf1 and bf3 don't seem to trigger on airborne opponents, which is a shame. No way to restand them outside of spending 2 bars on ex db3. Unless they're knocking on death's door already, you'll never be able to use them. Or am I missing something?

Edited for typo
No, you are not missing anything regarding bf1 and bf3 brutis... sadly.

But i'd say he has 2 Brutis... the 21 3+4 is doable enough.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Yea this is extremly stupid. Totally ridiculous.

No, you are not missing anything regarding bf1 and bf3 brutis... sadly.

But i'd say he has 2 Brutis... the 21 3+4 is doable enough.
Really? What route do you usually take into it? I can't find anything good for that one

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
A week later, this character is looking ridiculously good. Are there any situations / characters that anyone is actually struggling with or even feels disadvantaged? Feels kind of like a different flavor of Peacemaker.

Afumba

Noob
Really? What route do you usually take into it? I can't find anything good for that one
Good depends on your definition of good. If you consider 30 to 35% good damage (which i do) then its basically some standard combos cut short or a little modified:

1BAR
12~ex teleport, s4~shriek, dash 21 3+4 does 34,1%

12~shriek, dash j14, s4~ex lift, 21 3+4 is 34,3%

12~shriek, dash 123~ex lift, 21 3+4 is 34,5%

12~ex lift, j122, 21 3+4 is 32,2 %

B23, s4~ex lift 21 3+4 is 29,5%

F2~shriek, dash s4~ex lift, 21 3+4 is 31,3%

42~levi, 123~ex lift, 21 3+4 is 30,5%

242, s4~ex lift, 21 3+4 ~ 30,1%

1BAR 1KAMEO
12~ex teleport, s4~shriek, Scorpion far, 21 3+4 does is 35,4

All work out of F4 ofc for about 1,5-2% less dmg. 1BAR + 1KAMEO kombo is in the same ballpark for several Kameos dmgwise.

Hard to squeeze more dmg out of it i think as Ermacs gravity, scaling and hitboxes are weird in general but for strings like 21 3+4 and 123 3+4 its extra stupid mid juggle.

But at least the 1BAR only kombos are comparable to the highest dmg ones... loose a little dmg for a better knockdown. So they might serve a purpose besides for Bruti.

Last edited:

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
A week later, this character is looking ridiculously good. Are there any situations / characters that anyone is actually struggling with or even feels disadvantaged? Feels kind of like a different flavor of Peacemaker.
Zoners give me problems and also heavy rushdown but im still very new to the character bf 2 armour is very baitable and unsafe as is his air db3 , he will struggle vs zoner playstyles i think