What's new

General/Other - Ermac Ermac General Discussion Thread

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Can you cancel to force blast to push them back or is that one of the uncancellable strings?
B32 cannot be canceled which sucks big time. B3 can be canceled though. Overall, Ermac is really solid in this game, especially his down pokes, they are godlike. It enables really solid spacing. Plus he still has his AA uppercut into lift combos, which can be really devastating in the corner. Overall he is pretty safe, except one or two strings which cannot be canceled and you must commit to them.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
That telepush isnt armored bro. I think all we have is force blast

EDIT: maybe idk how armor works... Its armored against some moves but not all

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
That telepush isnt armored bro. I think all we have is force blast

EDIT: maybe idk how armor works... Its armored against some moves but not all
Ex TKP in mystic has armor. It probably loses against multi hitting attacks.

Also ex tp has armor on the start up.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Ex TKP in mystic has armor. It probably loses against multi hitting attacks.

Also ex tp has armor on the start up.
Yea im labbing right now. The armor in ex tkp right at the start up while it seems that force blast is active all the wayway through. Ill check tkp right now.

EDIT: @Metzos tkp=telekenetic punch right? That doesnt have armor. Im getting hit out by the comp every time.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Has anyone gotten any mileage out of Disappear? I've tried to use it to dodge & punish a few moves, but the recovery generally gets me punished for using it. Course this was all online where latency is an issue. I played a Shinnok who kept doing the stomp, so I'd Disappear and attempt to punish and get whacked into a combo for my trouble.

Also, 16 frames of startup? Seems like a lot for a move that's meant to be evasive.

Afumba

Noob
@KamikazeJD
Telepush in Mystic has armor. If you get hit it glows yellow.
Its just not the whole length.

If you want to test it go in practice pick sub zero as opponent and record him to do the ex Slide.
You will see that sometimes you both trade armor, sometimes he hits you and sometimes you push him out of his slide depending on when the moves collide.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Has anyone gotten any mileage out of Disappear? I've tried to use it to dodge & punish a few moves, but the recovery generally gets me punished for using it. Course this was all online where latency is an issue. I played a Shinnok who kept doing the stomp, so I'd Disappear and attempt to punish and get whacked into a combo for my trouble.

Also, 16 frames of startup? Seems like a lot for a move that's meant to be evasive.
I managed to pull it off again Liu Kang. Once. lol

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yea im labbing right now. The armor in ex tkp right at the start up while it seems that force blast is active all the wayway through. Ill check tkp right now.

EDIT: @Metzos tkp=telekenetic punch right? That doesnt have armor. Im getting hit out by the comp every time.
Ex tele push has armor and ex teleport has armor on the startup frames as well, or it could be if you use it as a wake up attack. I dont own a console atm, i m just playing at GDA whenever i get the chance. Could you check if ex teleport has armor if its used as a wake up attack? I have had some success with it recently.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
You guys think that the drop from the lift in mystic was suppose to scale? it just seems odd that it gives a free 10% no matter where in the combo you do it.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
You guys think that the drop from the lift in mystic was suppose to scale? it just seems odd that it gives a free 10% no matter where in the combo you do it.
Lol fuck it. Dont ask any questions lol.
Ex tele push has armor and ex teleport has armor on the startup frames as well, or it could be if you use it as a wake up attack. I dont own a console atm, i m just playing at GDA whenever i get the chance. Could you check if ex teleport has armor if its used as a wake up attack? I have had some success with it recently.
I didnt check on wake up ill lab that real quick.

EDIT:
Holy shit bro you're right!!! @Metzos Only on wake up.
TELEHOLD on wakeup and on ANYTHING does NOT have armor. Good find metz. 3 moves with armor!!

Last edited:

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Also you gain a bit health
Did anybody else see this???? Ermac is a goon! It doesnt give much health but its definitely somethin.

LAST EDIT:
Damn his tactics are so exciting to me. We have so many options to whiff punish and train our opponents. So we can cancel any jump/jump in into our hover. This means we can whiff punish uppercuts or really any standing nornal with either a ground slam,force blast or teleport. Id say ground slam is best from full screen to mid screen, anything else u should experiment. What do u guys think of this??

Last edited:

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
So just to confirm. Ex Lift has armor in all variations? Same with Reversal ex teleport? Or is it only in Mystic ?

zaf

professor

Yes I have I tested some things yesterday
Take this for example, the gap in between F21 HERE D2.
This gap can be beaten out with armored moves, and opponents can use interactables here as well.
But to avoid this against someone who likes to punish this gap, you can cancel the F21 into Disappear.
Depending on the move, the disappear will make it whiff and you can punish. I've only tested this against ermac and mileena. @Afumba tested this against sub. IMO, this deserves it's own thread.

I think so yea. Smoke bomb worked the same way in MK9

Has anyone else here had a problem vs Jacqui?? that constant pressure seems to beat out alot of my MoS stuff
Ermac has really good pokes. His d1 and d3. You would need to be more specific about the problems you are having. One of my training partners uses full auto jacqui. It seems fine as of right now.

Can anyone tell me what those buttons stands for? in a full word. I'm a new player.
1 - front punch
2 - back punch
3 - front kick
4 - back kick
MB - meter burn
EX - enhanced special
Jip/Jp - Jump in punch
jk/jik - jump in kick
NJP/NJK - neutral jump punch or neutral jump kick

Anything else you need to know ?

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Have you experimenter with shallow jump ins, cross up jumps? From specific angled I can d2, or lift, push, x ray, in MK9 you could d1 at a certain point but that doesn't appear to have translated to X. I'll hit the lab again tonight but have you found anything yet ?

Afumba

Noob
About the Armor - here my testing results

Universal
Ex Teleport - has start-up armor on wake-up; works in all Variations
Ex Soul Burst - has armor generally (wake-up and standing); works in all Variations; Its not for the full lenght of the move.
Ex Air Blast - no armor
Ex Force Lift - no armor
X-Ray - has armor generally (wake-up and standing);

Mystic
Ex Push - has armor generally (wake-up and standing); Not for the full length of the move
Ex Lift - no armor

MoS
Ex Soul Ball - no armor
Ex Lift - no armor
Ex Vanish - seem to have Armor or at least some type of immunity that allows you to dissappear savely. (the alternative is me beeing to dumb to hit Ermac :D); this is for both wake-up and standing

Spectral
Soul Charge - no ex Version of this move = no armor
Fly Mode - no armor (didnt check moves while flying; doubtful there is armor on them)

If i made a mistake for something i apologise in advance.

Indigoism

Mystic
Yes I have I tested some things yesterday
Take this for example, the gap in between F21 HERE D2.
This gap can be beaten out with armored moves, and opponents can use interactables here as well.
But to avoid this against someone who likes to punish this gap, you can cancel the F21 into Disappear.
Depending on the move, the disappear will make it whiff and you can punish. I've only tested this against ermac and mileena. @Afumba tested this against sub. IMO, this deserves it's own thread.

I think so yea. Smoke bomb worked the same way in MK9

Ermac has really good pokes. His d1 and d3. You would need to be more specific about the problems you are having. One of my training partners uses full auto jacqui. It seems fine as of right now.

1 - front punch
2 - back punch
3 - front kick
4 - back kick
MB - meter burn
EX - enhanced special
Jip/Jp - Jump in punch
jk/jik - jump in kick
NJP/NJK - neutral jump punch or neutral jump kick

Anything else you need to know ?
Nope that's all I need, thank you! xx means EX right ? for example : jip, f21d2, jikxxTelepunch, 222xxTelelift

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Have you experimenter with shallow jump ins, cross up jumps? From specific angled I can d2, or lift, push, x ray, in MK9 you could d1 at a certain point but that doesn't appear to have translated to X. I'll hit the lab again tonight but have you found anything yet ?
Shallow doesnt go as shallow anymore. In mk9 you could damn near hit an opponent in the knees with a jik but you cant in this (unless im mistaken) crossups i think wont work unless its baiting wakeups. With a block button there are no real crossups..

QUESTION
@zaf @Metzos id make the thread myself, but I dunno how it should look but Im wondering if we can start putting together a matchups page. NOT ANY 7-3 bullshit. Fuck that. I mean what to look for, where we can escape or bring pressure etc. Id love to share what I know with some matchups