Ermac General Discussion Thread

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Lol I'm getting real confused in how you guys use "medium"

To me medium = overhead
He has no 50/50 strings
Maybe only f+4 strings but I mean they could block low and
Be safe from everything besides throws and u+4

The only high that is a medium is a throw (hits crouch blockers)

Unless I'm missing something here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Error Macro

It April yet?
So how exactly does one do a teleport after a j2? It's 50/50 if it will be an airblast or a teleport for me and I'm clueless as to why. I remember seeing something on this somewhere on this site, but it's not exactly easy to find articles in the forums here. So I do what know to teleport after hitting j2?

justim

Shingo Kick!
So how exactly does one do a teleport after a j2? It's 50/50 if it will be an airblast or a teleport for me and I'm clueless as to why. I remember seeing something on this somewhere on this site, but it's not exactly easy to find articles in the forums here. So I do what know to teleport after hitting j2?
You're getting a negative edge :bp when you do your :d :l :bp . You can either hold down :bp when you hit :bk or be more careful not to hold down :bp. Negative happens when you hold down a button and then release it after the motion (in your case [:bp]:d:l release :bp~:bk turns into :d:l:bp)

a question to those that have been playing matches online/offline....does ermac feel like a mid-long range zoning character like the devs say? or can he rush in and play up close as well?
thanks

KNX

Noob
Lol I'm getting real confused in how you guys use "medium"

To me medium = overhead
He has no 50/50 strings
Maybe only f+4 strings but I mean they could block low and
Be safe from everything besides throws and u+4

The only high that is a medium is a throw (hits crouch blockers)

Unless I'm missing something here?
Well the game refers to Highs as anything that doesn't hit overhead or low and Mids as overheads. However from what I've read in the character guides here and in a few other places, the majority have been referring to Highs as moves that can be ducked completely (as in if the opponent ducks, the move will whiff) and Mids as moves that can't be ducked under.

I think using it the latter way is better because doing it that way means you are differentiating the attacks that can be ducked from the attacks that can't

a question to those that have been playing matches online/offline....does ermac feel like a mid-long range zoning character like the devs say? or can he rush in and play up close as well?
thanks
I personally don't feel he has a rushdown game. I think Ermac is most effective just at the edge of Force Push range. Basically at the range where whiffs and sloppy jump ins can get tagged by Force Push/Lift

thanks
So far, I would say that Ermac has a decent enough up close game, but only inasmuch as you want a few options for knocking people away from you so you can get your zone on. f+4 and u+4 are some of your best mixup tools along with b+1,1,4. I've noticed that string in particular tends to throw people off big time where they start throwing out attacks prematurely. Just b+1,1,4~TKS and then follow up with your favorite juggle string such as 1,2,1~push or j.3~tp,TKS.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Well the game refers to Highs as anything that doesn't hit overhead or low and Mids as overheads. However from what I've read in the character guides here and in a few other places, the majority have been referring to Highs as moves that can be ducked completely (as in if the opponent ducks, the move will whiff) and Mids as moves that can't be ducked under.

I think using it the latter way is better because doing it that way means you are differentiating the attacks that can be ducked from the attacks that can't
okay i see it now, sorry i'm really use to Tekken mechanics and diction

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
f+4,b+2 is L,M,H
Fixed. I actually had it written down so I could type it out, but apparently I can't read my own writing, lol.

As for the Medium conversation, I think its a bit different than the traditional sense, like say, Tekken. Going into practice mode, doing a move and seeing "HIGH", doesn't necessarily mean it acts as a high. Properties of moves act very different in this game depending on the situation. The only "true" way I've found to see what hits "mid" its to have couch block on. It will let you see what wiffs (true highs), what gets stuffed (mids), and what hits (overhead). Also moves act differently based on if they are blocking while crouched or not blocking. 3,1,2 on couch blocking character is mid, high (wiff), mid, but when crouching and not blocking, all of it hits despite the second hit being a true high. Certain strings don't even finished if blocked either, which can make certain strings more punishable, such as b2 starting strings.

Its a fairly unique system, and despite how good Ermac currently is, I think it may hinder him later to other characters that have actual overheads in their strings. His only true overhead (besides the standard jump 1 or 2) is u4, but you can't cancel into any specials, it grounds the opponent which can be good for oki, but it knocks them back as well so it kind of shits on that.

Ermac's damage is good and very easy to pull off, but I think witout that 50/50 game, most people are just going to block low on him and its going to take more and more work to get anything done with him.

That said, I'm still maining the shit out of him.

Radian

Noob
So I hear that Ermac is to be nerfed soon. Anyone knows what these nerfs consist of? At the most, I think it should only be fixing his disjointed hitboxes on the TK.

oZii

Noob
So I hear that Ermac is to be nerfed soon. Anyone knows what these nerfs consist of? At the most, I think it should only be fixing his disjointed hitboxes on the TK.
Really? Only thing I can see is maybe adjusting the damage on his X-ray a bit. I think it's 35% raw. But in combos it scales down to 30%. Other than that I can't see where he needs it. He is like Kung high risk high reward. To do his major combos you have to get your initial hit in which is hard to do with him since his mixups are pretty bad.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I really hope they don't nerf him, they already nerfed him once due to his infinite lol.

Alright, so for reference I decided to annotate how strings hit on a crouched blocking opponent to see what is high, mid, low.

1 = FP, 2 = BP, 3 = FK, 4 = BK. H = High, M = Mid, L = L, NF = No Finish (string does not continue on block)

2,2 - H,H
1,2,1 - H,M,M
f1,1,2 - H,M,M
b1,1,2 - M,M,M
b1,2,f1 - M,M,NF
b2,1,f1 - M,NF,NF
b2,b1 - M,NF
3,3 - M,M
3,1,2 - M,H,M
b3,4 - M,H
f4,b2 - L,M,H

Also, be sure to turn on auto block when you try stuff out. Things like 3,3,TKS and 1,2,1,TKS don't work.
It'll work if your opponent isn't blocking ^ lol I have done combos starting with 3, 3 TKS and gotten up to 46% damage online...it's far harder with the damn lag and delay but very much possible....sadly online, Ermac is slightly nullified with the lag and delay with his "crazy juggles" The 121 can also work but is not worth it, better off doing 11, TKS or 12 TKS etc, mix it up...

Radian

Noob
Really? Only thing I can see is maybe adjusting the damage on his X-ray a bit. I think it's 35% raw. But in combos it scales down to 30%. Other than that I can't see where he needs it. He is like Kung high risk high reward. To do his major combos you have to get your initial hit in which is hard to do with him since his mixups are pretty bad.
Pretty much how I feel on the matter. I think kids are just upset online because they don't know how to block.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Anyone else getting frustrated with the negative edge. Force Ball comes out when I want Force Lift. It's getting annoying to combo with Ermac and other characters like Nightwolf. Any suggestions ?

Batousai

Hitokiri
I think if people start blocking low against Ermac then I'd say just throw the shit out of them. If they're blocking they'll get hit. It's only if they're not blocking that the throw will whiff. Once they stop blocking low then whore f4,4,b2. Make them respect it and you'll get whatever else you want after that.

New to this whole Mortal Kombat thing... can someone tell me what all these abbreviations mean?

BnB?
Zoning?
Poking?
FoTM?
JK?

Any abbreviations you feel I should know lol.
I posted a topic about Ermac and Kombos too...

Loot

the special effects
New to this whole Mortal Kombat thing... can someone tell me what all these abbreviations mean?

BnB?
Zoning?
Poking?
FoTM?
JK?

Any abbreviations you feel I should know lol.
I posted a topic about Ermac and Kombos too...
BnB refers to Bred n Butter, basic combos you should know for your fighter.

Zoning is keeping plays away.

Poking is is hitting with punches at max hit range for chip.

FoTM refers to flavor of the month (i.e. whats super popular and easy to use)

JK is jump kick

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I'll use the number notations
(xx is cancel jsyk)

Combo 1:
j.2 b+2,b+1 xx FL dash j.4 xx tele j.4 xx tele d+1 xx FP

Combo 2:
j.2 2,2 xx FL j.4 xx tele dash b+1,2,f+1 Tele

Combo 3:
j.2 2,2 xx FL dash d+2 dash 1 xx X-ray

Combo 4:
j.2 B+1,1,4 xx FL dash j.4 xx Tele j.4 xx Tele d+1 xx FP

Thanks bro, think those are his new bnbs? So does mac have anything good corner stuff wise? I haven't seen anything great corner only.