What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

Ermac is a G in this game i dont think his strings are so great but that whiff punishing is very good and has alot of tools to work with. I do think hes top 5 in the number 5 spot. I also agree that the EX moves for him are very useless as it seems now(might change) and should defintley be used for xray.

LI_Joe

Noob
ok... He is the only character I really played with at all. He is good yes, but has some downfalls. His lack of mids and lows in his strings is pretty butt. A lot his strings can just be ducked causing a whiff for free uppercut or whatever. His zone game as said is off the charts though. Force push and force slam kills jumpers. The slam leads to good damage overall and free x ray. Ex is useless as said. Save your bar. This may sound dumb, but i dont like how stationary he is during his strings. 1 2 1 is like the only string the moves him forward. When you play cage raiden sub smoke, they seem like they are always in there. I am thinking the wrong way though. Ermacs best at a distance and capitalizing on those hits you sneak in there.

im going to use the 1 2 3 4 notation for combos. I didnt use ex moves or x ray at all. More is obviously possible with them along with more damage.

combo1: b1, 2, f2, teleport dash in 2 2, telelift, dash in 2 2, telepush - 45%

combo2: Jump in 2, land 2 2, telelift, jump u/f 4, teleport, dash in 2, 2, telepush - 46%

combo3: 1 2, telelift, u/f 4, teleport, 2 2, telepush - 37%

combo4: b3, 4, teleport, 1 dash in, 1 2 1, telepush - 27%

These are pretty basic. His combos all have a starter a middle and an ender. You want to start the combo then try and get a lift. Then do whatever after the lift. 2 2, telepush does the most damage I think as an ender. You can do f1 1 3 telepush also as an ender for some more flash less damage. Or any cancelable string to whatever move. Another jump kick teleport as an ender is good for okii. It leaves the opponent right under you for some pressure. 2nd teleports in a combo make them drop fast afetr it. You can x ray at the end of most these also.

I am sure all this will be outdated soon but its a good start.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nice view point and combos joe. It's a hard match for any character without a teleport to get in on Ermac in general lol. I have noticed Raiden, a solid Raiden will give Ermac trouble.

Hey guys I was messing around with Ermac more so today in practice and discovered some more, nice combos too. I love it how this game is like NRS said it would be in that everyone makes up their own unique combos. Everyone's is different.

Here's mine:

(Jump in) 1,2,2, TKS, JK, Teleport, JP, TK force push=10 hits 40%

(Jump in) 1,3,1, TKS, JK, teleport, X-ray=10 Hits 52%

3,3, TKS, JK, teleport, X-ray=46%

(jump in) 1,2,2, TKS, JK, teleport, X-Ray=56%

2,2, TKS, JK, teleport, X-ray=53%

(jump in) 1,2,2 TKS, JK, air blast, teleport, fireball=44%

2,2,TKS,JK, teleport, JK, teleport, JK-9 Hits=42%

2,2,TKS,JK,teleport, JP, TK Force Push-9 hits=37%

2,2, TKS, JK, teleport, dash in 2, TK Push 9 hits=39%

(Jump in) 1,1,2, TKS, JK, teleport, X-ray=50%

KNX

Noob
err..doesnt it hit high?
He means it can't be ducked

One thing is for certain, b+1,1,4 is his best way to hit confirm into Force Lift. I wish 2,2 had another input you could combo off of since it has faster startup than b+1. Hit confirming 2,2 is difficult to say the least. I was playing a lot with my cousin today and he'd punish my 2,2,Force Lift combo attempts to the point where I couldn't use them outside of a sure punish (my mistake)

My BnBs so far:
b+3,4, Teleport, 2,2, Force Lift, Jump Kick, Air Teleport
2,2/3,1, Force Lift, Jump Kick, Air Teleport, 2,2, Force Push/X-Ray
b+1,1,4, Force Lift, Jump Kick, Air Teleport, 2, Force Push/X-Ray
b+1,2,f+1, Teleport, 2, Force Lift, Jump Kick, Airblast

Also f+4 is a nice low. I like to abuse it personally. I use the last hit to stuff punish attempts which has worked out so far

Instant Airblast seems like it'd make a nice throw counter but I need to mess about with it more

And his poking game looks pretty bad in comparison to someone like Johnny Cage, who has amazing strings that have good frames and nasty overheads, but I'll take that considering how good Force Push is, how dangerous his anti-air game is looking and how much damage he deals

oZii

Noob
So far for pokes I like 1,2,1 if you get the 1,2 you can Tks from that. But only using the 1,2 The second hit can't be ducked blocking or not. You can't Tks from the last hit of 1,2,1.

Also just 3 is good to use and you can Tks from 3,3.

Also for BnB from Tks I'm using. Sorry on phone I'll update the % when I can.

TKS, dash in 2,2, force push

Tks, teleport, dash in 2,2, force push.

I like the second string the most because even if you get them with a Tks at Max range you can still damage. I use the other BnB for 41% if connect 2,2.

The EX lift is indeed good in combos. It adds a few points of damage and puts them in perfect position to set up the most damaging variants of the juggle.

The unblockable seems to have potential, as it's possible to combo into lift after it. You could mix it up with the not-fully-charged chain combo version into lift as well.

oZii

Noob
I think once we get some frame data on Ermac we should be good to go in the mix up department. Also using the teleport for cross ups and resets is good too. If you do some
Of his knock back attacks use the teleport before they get up to reset and start you mix ups again.

Radian

Noob
I have a question about Ermac.

When you do any move before his BP BP, say a j.FP BP BP, and try to special cancel a force lift from the last BP, he seems more inclined to do a Force Ball instead, as if I did a back forward BP when I know I didn't. Anyone else tend to have this problem? If I can figure out how to avoid this, I think I have a pretty solid corner combo for him:

b.1,1,4, 2, 2, TKS, JK, port, x-ray

I have a question about Ermac.

When you do any move before his BP BP, say a j.FP BP BP, and try to special cancel a force lift from the last BP, he seems more inclined to do a Force Ball instead, as if I did a back forward BP when I know I didn't. Anyone else tend to have this problem? If I can figure out how to avoid this, I think I have a pretty solid corner combo for him:

b.1,1,4, 2, 2, TKS, JK, port, x-ray

Yes this is due to the loose negative edge. (where the release of the button counts as an input) See this thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4033-Some-strange-stuff-regarding-MK9-s-buffer-system

I would suggest holding down the second BP until after you input the slam. This way there's no way the release will give you the fireball.

Radian

Noob
Yes this is due to the loose negative edge. (where the release of the button counts as an input) See this thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?4033-Some-strange-stuff-regarding-MK9-s-buffer-system

I would suggest holding down the second BP until after you input the slam. This way there's no way the release will give you the fireball.

OMFG thanks. I was tired of getting fireball when I was landing my string against my friends instead of slam. Really appreciate that.

E3R1

Noob
BnB combo I enjoy is

2,2~TKS, JK, teleport, X-ray=46% damage

2,2~TKS, JK, teleport, JK, Air Blast for 34%

JK, teleport, TKS, 2,2 force push-35% or roughly around there.

More to come, Ermac is a beast in this game. Just as good as he was in UMK3 IMO but just tougher to use and a little different this time around.
Hi all,

New member to this site looking for some MK help. Can someone tell me what the numbers mean like what MKF30 stated. I'm assuming they are punch/kick keys. There are so many terminology being used it's a bit confusing. Is there a page where I can study some of the MK terminology used when doing combos?

This for example is very confusing to me:

2,2~TKS

What does "~" and "TKS" stand for?

Sorry for asking such a beginner question I'm sure you have heard them many times. Thanks a lot for your help appreciate it.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, welcome E3R1. Ermac is fun, and easily one of the best in the game...he's an absolute monster if used right.

And yeah, like allisonchains covered. I among others just use the whole 1, 2, 3 and 4 as the number abbreviations for front punch, rear punch, front kick, rear kick etc. And the normal moves, yeah he hit it on the head. TKS=Telekinetic Slam. :)

oZii

Noob
Ok to add to the discussion his 1,2 is very good for poking. His b+1,2, seems like another good poke. I posted this in the video thread may give you guys some ideas.

This is some Play between Richard N. and Krayzie Bone at UCI the other night. http://www.justin.tv/offcast/b/284114597

Its still early but this gives us some more ideas at higher level of play what are some things we need to work with to overcome. As been stated getting in with Ermac can be some work against good zoners like Smoke. Also some very good combos I saw in that video. Look at all the matches you will see some good Raiden in there as well.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
Alright, so for reference I decided to annotate how strings hit on a crouched blocking opponent to see what is high, mid, low.

1 = FP, 2 = BP, 3 = FK, 4 = BK. H = High, M = Mid, L = L, NF = No Finish (string does not continue on block)

2,2 - H,H
1,2,1 - H,M,M
f1,1,2 - H,M,M
b1,1,2 - M,M,M
b1,2,f1 - M,M,NF
b2,1,f1 - M,NF,NF
b2,b1 - M,NF
3,3 - M,M
3,1,2 - M,H,M
b3,4 - M,H
f4,b2 - L,M,H

Also, be sure to turn on auto block when you try stuff out. Things like 3,3,TKS and 1,2,1,TKS don't work.

Loot

the special effects
Online sure is fun. Been maining Ermac and called a spammer for zoning and then fireball chip damaging someone to death because after 2 matches they just stood in block the entire time waiting on a rush down. From Ermac. Its not my fault I punish you with an easy 35%/51% (with xray) combos for trying to rushdown.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Online sure is fun. Been maining Ermac and called a spammer for zoning and then fireball chip damaging someone to death because after 2 matches they just stood in block the entire time waiting on a rush down. From Ermac. Its not my fault I punish you with an easy 35%/51% (with xray) combos for trying to rushdown.
You're lucky you even get to fight online. PSN has been down for 3 days so far and I'm anxious to start fighting real people again. Ermac is a blast, but I feel he needs a slight damage nerf. Also, I hope he doesnt become FoTM and we start seeing everyone bandwagon on him.

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i believe i've found my secondary character(main is jax)

it also helps that he has the easiest combo into x-ray(telekinetic slam into x-ray)

has anyone else heard ermac being called easy-mac?(a nickname based off kraft's easy microwave macaroni and cheese)

oZii

Noob
Alright, so for reference I decided to annotate how strings hit on a crouched blocking opponent to see what is high, mid, low.

1 = FP, 2 = BP, 3 = FK, 4 = BK. H = High, M = Mid, L = L, NF = No Finish (string does not continue on block)

2,2 - H,H
1,2,1 - H,M,M
f1,1,2 - H,M,M
b1,1,2 - M,M,M
b1,2,f1 - M,M,NF
b2,1,f1 - M,NF,NF
b2,b1 - M,NF
3,3 - M,M
3,1,2 - M,H,M
b3,4 - M,H
f4,b2 - M,H

Also, be sure to turn on auto block when you try stuff out. Things like 3,3,TKS and 1,2,1,TKS don't work.

Thanks for this Connor good work