k= any kick button :bk or :fk
p= any punch button :bp or :fp
xx=input afterwards
~=immediately input afterwards
d=down :d
f=forward :r
b=back :l
u=up :u
j.= jumping in a direction (usually forward in combos)
nj.= neutral jump = jumping straight up
TKS= Telekinetic slam, telekinetic lift [D,B+1]
TP= Teleport Punch [D,B+4]
Push = "Force Push" [B,F+1]

General

Ermac is a Zoner with rushdown capabilities. Think Dormammu of MVC3. He can zone from afar and prevent you from getting in. He can win by killing you chip by chip. But like Dormammu, he can deal major damage in his combos

Force Push IMO is his best special move. It has a huge hitbox. The animation for Force Push ends with circular skull particles in front of Ermac but the hitbox actually extends a lil further than that. It is a great anti-air and will push people back to the other side of the screen. It's relative safe at far distances, unknown at the time if safe up close.

Combos

As a rule, I won't be posting any combos for Ermac that result in damage below 30%, He's too badass to be doing that. Also, there will always be variants of similar combos, I'll try to only post the most damaging ones. (i.e. after a juggling off a TP, you can dash in and land a 1,2 or 2,2 but 2,2 is stronger)

1,2 xx TKS or 2,2 xx TKS or 3,1 xx TKS
- j.k~TP xx j.k~TP xx d.1~Push [40,46,42 DMG]
- j.k~TP xx 2,2 xx Push [37,43,39 DMG]
- b+1,2,f+1 xx TP xx Push (probably can add hits before push)

b+1,1,4 xx TKS [most damaging starter for TKS juggles] and b+1,2,f+1 xx dash~TKS and f+1,1,4 xx TKS are very similar to the above but the spacing is a bit different, landing 2,2 after a TP is a bit more strict, if you're having a hard time, just use one 2. Also the double teleporting is very strict to do on these starters.

f+1,1,4 xx TP or B+1,2,f+1 xx TP or b+3,4 xx TP
-dash~2,2 xx TKS xx dash~2,2 xx Push [36, 45 DMG]
-dash~2,2 xx TKS xx j.k~TP xx d.1~Push [38, 47 DMG]

landing d.1~push (or TKS) is very strict and spacing dependent. It's not impossible. Negative Edge will affect you greatly here. What I've been doing is pressing d.1 hard to prevent other inputs from registering. Try not to "slide" from d.1 to b,f+1 as it may result in a TKS and the TKS may register before d.1 even comes out.

Edit 05/26/11: woo back again...im bout to put up some interesting things i found... Also Damage will be taken out of the combos and combos will be better formatted

Hagen

Noob
stuff I found out

Combos:

BnB
BP, BP, Force Lift, dash/move a little, d+BP, Force Push -> 36%

in corner
b+FK, BK, Force Lift, b+FK, BK, down+BF -> 27%

maybe you can even add some hits after the uppercut but i didnt figure out anything!

near corner (in corner makes f+FP wiff, out of corner makes follow ups wiff)
b+FP, BP, f+FP, j.K/P, j.Force Port -> 28%
b+FP, BP, f+FP, b+FK, BK, down+BP -> 32%
b+FP, BP, f+FP, Force Lift, d+BP, Force Push -> 39%
b+FP, BP, f+FP, Force Lift, X-ray -> 50%

out of corner
b+FP, BP, f+FP, dash, Force Lift, Force Push -> 29%
b+FP, BP, f+FP, dash, Telelift (aka EX FL), move/dash, d+BP -> 34%
b+FP, BP, f+FP, dash, Force Lift, X-ray -> 50%

being cornerd
Teleport (aka EX Force Port), Force Lift, d+BP, Force Push -> 31%

Teleport combos thx to AtTheGates
BP,BP,Force Lift, j.K, j.Force Port, X-ray -> 51%
BP,BP,Force Lift, j.K, j.Force Port, dash, BP, BP, Force Push 41%

random stuff:

you can hold up to delay Hover Slam
d, d, u~

you can jump in with K and cancel into Force Port/ Teleport
its kinda hard to make it hit, but it is possible!
j.K, Force Port
j.K, Teleport (aka EX Force Port)

you can do a VERY deep and late j.K, land, and combo into Force Lift

moves/combos that combo into Force Lift:
Force Lift always leads to big damage

from FP
FP
FP, BP
b+FP
b+FP,FP
b+FP, BP, f+FP, dash
f+FP
f+FP, FP, BK (corner only)

from BP
BP
BP, BP
b+BP (fully charged)
b+BP, FP
b+BP, B+FP

from FK
FK
FK,FP
b+FK, BK, dash

from BK
nothing so far

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac is an absolute beast in this game and my main so far.

Great turtle character, great zoner and can hold his own up close even.

Fireball is safe with awesome recovery

His levitate butt is pretty much pointless since it's so damn slow, but GREAT for waiting there and using the air blast.

Teleport is key for his combos and great for escaping

Air blast is GREAT for ending combos and keeping foes at bay in the air from jumping

Force push can be spammed, mixed up with his TK slam and used in combos great for mind games.

His TKS doesn't bounce you near him like it used to but still good enough to juggle, you just have to dash in if you hit from sweep distance and is also pretty safe compared to previous MK games with faster recovery.

BnB combo I enjoy is

2,2~TKS, JK, teleport, X-ray=46% damage

2,2~TKS, JK, teleport, JK, Air Blast for 34%

JK, teleport, TKS, 2,2 force push-35% or roughly around there.

More to come, Ermac is a beast in this game. Just as good as he was in UMK3 IMO but just tougher to use and a little different this time around.

From the little I've played today it seems like Force Push can be ghetto anti air. I suggest people try it. Lazy Jump Ins will get caught by it.

Hagen

Noob
seems like j.P and u+BK are the only overheads
thats pretty weak!

what are the advantages of using EX moves (sorry I'm a SF player) instead of the normal versions?

they do more damage and Teleport (aka EY Forceport) is comboable into Force Lift, but is there anything else?
frame advantage?
better positioning?
armor?

what does EX hover slam do except wasting 1 meter????
there isnt even a damage boost

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
what does EX hover slam do except wasting 1 meter? there isnt even a damage boost, is there some kind of frame advantage from it or something

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Ermac does not benefit from his EX moves as much as other characters. Save it for Breakers/Xrays

Comboing his EX moves add like 1-3 points of damage, not worth it

Enkindu

Noob
questions I have:
How do f do you do his D U U EX move?
The only times I've gotten it semi consistenly is if I jump then input
Has anyone found uses for the move ( Comboing into?)
Easiest way to do it is to input it just like this: D D press and hold block U.

MKF30

Yes, VERY safe lol

Discovered a new AWESOME combo!

2,2 TKS, Jump kick, teleport, X-ray=9 hits 53%

Ermac is as awesome as he was in UMK3 and he'll have crazy ass potential.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Ermac is as awesome as he was in UMK3 and he'll have crazy ass potential.
Ermac is Top Tier in this game, i just know it. His combo and damage is one of the highest in the game without ex moves or xrays.

Force Push is such a abusable special move and is damaging.

his only downfall is unable to combo from lows and only one overhead.

I've using his Air Green Shot as a anti-air, has anyone else have success in using it as a anti air?

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
:l:bk:fk:~port, dash, :bp:bp~TKS, end with j.P~Push or j.K~Port.

:l:bk:fklooks to be safer on block than :bp:bp
amazingly, you can buffer the dash-in while he is still in port.

i found that using his air "fireball" is a good pressure move to do up close to force a block and then create in the hopes for opponent does a normal so you can TK slam into a combo or force push.

MKF30

Ermac is Top Tier in this game, i just know it. His combo and damage is one of the highest in the game without ex moves or xrays.

Force Push is such a abusable special move and is damaging.

his only downfall is unable to combo from lows and only one overhead.

I've using his Air Green Shot as a anti-air, has anyone else have success in using it as a anti air?
He also has no good combo mix ups 50/50, that one combo it looks like he's hitting high, low, high can be blocked high.

His air blast is good AA and great at keep foes at bay if you're jumping in on them if you're jumping back and they're chasing you. The TK push I agree is one of the best and most annoying moves in the game.

One other downfall about him is his X-ray tends to whiff at times in combos, it's a bitch but you have to really time it perfectly....

I do disagree though about it being useless, it's not useless just don't use it all the time....or rely on it I've gotten over 50% combos with it in combos in tight situations definitely not useless...He can really compete with anyone in the game.

b+FP, BP, f+FP, dash, Force Lift, Force Push -> 29%

This combo can be modified to

b+FP, BP, f+FP, teleport, force grip(or if you don't suck at dashing up after dash-ins during combo :S i believe you can dash fp, bp, force lift, junp kick teleport) will update damage when i get home and can test it out, i can't remember the numbers.

you have to teleport pretty fast for it to hit.

oZii

Noob
He also has no good combo mix ups 50/50, that one combo it looks like he's hitting high, low, high can be blocked high.

His air blast is good AA and great at keep foes at bay if you're jumping in on them if you're jumping back and they're chasing you. The TK push I agree is one of the best and most annoying moves in the game.

One other downfall about him is his X-ray tends to whiff at times in combos, it's a bitch but you have to really time it perfectly....

I do disagree though about it being useless, it's not useless just don't use it all the time....or rely on it I've gotten over 50% combos with it in combos in tight situations definitely not useless...He can really compete with anyone in the game.
I agree with this. X-ray should definitely be used in combos it seems it's more of and otg move but not really otg if that makes sense.

He is lacking in mix ups but if he lands a combo it's a bad day. He can zone with the best of them for sure. His wake up moves aren't really that great except for his teleport that's just from my observations.

I think what is key is find the good combos from his tk slam as a starter as that's where the majority of his combos will take place in regular matches.

Hagen

Noob
its unblockable! but you can simply jump to avoid it!
but what does EX slam do? there isnt even more damage! just wasting 1 meter

oZii

Noob
its unblockable! but you can simply jump to avoid it!
but what does EX slam do? there isnt even more damage! just wasting 1 meter
Huh? X-ray is unblockable? You sure? I know it negates projectiles if you connect.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
b114 is Ermac's best string to use. It hits mid entirely and you can hitconfirm to force lift, JK xx teleport, 12 xx force push for 43%, or force lift, JK xx teleport, 2 xx X-Ray for 57%. Unfortunately, b1 is slow to come out and the range is limited.

Ermac excels in whiff punishing. That is by far his best attribute. Whiff something at 3/4 screen? Force push all day. Lift is basically Green Lantern status in MKDC...such a great punish move in closer ranges.

Like said, his mixups aren't that great. At best, he has u4/f4 for high/low mixups, but both moves aren't 100% safe to use.

Top tier? I'd honestly say yeah. Great whiff punish game, good zoning, does pretty sweet damage on whatever can lead to a lift.

MKF30

Yeah, he's definitely top 5 in the game IMO.

I also feel concerning his EX moves, his EX TKS is actually pretty useful in combo situations. His others though I think can be left without.

b114 is Ermac's best string to use. It hits mid entirely and you can hitconfirm to force lift, JK xx teleport, 12 xx force push for 43%, or force lift, JK xx teleport, 2 xx X-Ray for 57%. Unfortunately, b1 is slow to come out and the range is limited.

Ermac excels in whiff punishing. That is by far his best attribute. Whiff something at 3/4 screen? Force push all day. Lift is basically Green Lantern status in MKDC...such a great punish move in closer ranges.

Like said, his mixups aren't that great. At best, he has u4/f4 for high/low mixups, but both moves aren't 100% safe to use.

Top tier? I'd honestly say yeah. Great whiff punish game, good zoning, does pretty sweet damage on whatever can lead to a lift.

THIS. Force push is godlike. The range is doesn't seem like it should be that long. But it is!