What's new

Strategy Ermac 71% corner damage reset (no meter)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

All credit to Big D for this. Storms thought it should be posted here. The timing seems to be much easier in the corner. I know there's definitely better ways to implement this, but it's a good jump off point. If you substitute a jump back kick instead of the neutral jump kick, it adds 3% damage bringing it to 74%. If you X-Ray after the 2,2, it's a whopping 88% total.

John Grizzly

31, lift, jk, tele, dash fwd, b2(full charge)b1, lift. Try it out.
That's a nice setup but it's not guaranteed. Pretty sure most wake ups would stop the B2. It definitely catches a lot of people, though. I do JIP, 3,1,xx TeleSlam, JK,xx,Teleport, JK,xx,Teleport, charged B+2,1,xx,Teleslam

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
That's a nice setup but it's not guaranteed. Pretty sure most wake ups would stop the B2. It definitely catches a lot of people, though. I do JIP, 3,1,xx TeleSlam, JK,xx,Teleport, JK,xx,Teleport, charged B+2,1,xx,Teleslam
Exactly. Its a gimmick, but a good one. And waking up out of this is near impossible. Tech roll is your best bet.

John Grizzly

Just got 81% with no meter in the corner. Trying to get it recorded.

Edit: well, I got it recorded and because the fucking replay mode in training sucks fucking dick, it isn't comboing when I play it back....sdfkagsgasjldf!!!!!!

John Grizzly

Here we go.

Once again, sorry about the quality. The first part of the reset does 41% and the second does 40%. If you do teleslam, uppercut, b+3,4, 3,1,xx, x-ray, the total damage is 93%.

John Grizzly

Can they block the lift reset?
Yeah, unfortunately. Big D found this the other day. I am just expanding on the corner options with his find. It does negate wakeups, though. So this is an actual reset. Not like the Cyrax "resets" that are just true combos that the AI doesn't recognize and counts as separate combos, resetting the damage.

MKK hanzo

Yeah, unfortunately. Big D found this the other day. I am just expanding on the corner options with his find. It does negate wakeups, though. So this is an actual reset. Not like the Cyrax "resets" that are just true combos that the AI doesn't recognize and counts as separate combos, resetting the damage.
Awesome find.

Off topic: is your nickname based on the charcter from the movie Over the Top??

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

KRYS9984

Noob
Great combo and video, very impressive!

However, as mentioned in the past, B2 - B1 is not a true reset and the TKS can be blocked.

Ermac will then be at -26 and within range to be punished quite easily / heavily.

31, lift, jk, tele, dash fwd, b2(full charge)b1, lift. Try it out.
This is unfortunately a gimmick that might work sometimes. In reality, you end up losing in every situation:

- If your opponent tech rolls, you lose.
- If your opponent holds down, your B2 charge wiffs and you are at disadvantage, you lose.
- If your opponent executes a wake up attack, you lose.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Great combo and video, very impressive!

However, as mentioned in the past, B2 - B1 is not a true reset and the TKS can be blocked.

Ermac will then be at -26 and within range to be punished quite easily / heavily.

This is unfortunately a gimmick that might work sometimes. In reality, you end up losing in every situation:

- If your opponent tech rolls, you lose.
- If your opponent holds down, your B2 charge wiffs and you are at disadvantage, you lose.
- If your opponent executes a wake up attack, you lose.
It happens much to fast to do it on reaction 90% of the time. It has to be off of a read. So Its a good gimmick. Like CSZ's :)