What's new

Match-up Discussion Ermac 10-0s the MU charts

Enenra

Go to hell.
Seriously, no one can place this character consistently. It's ridiculous how much he varies one list to another.

I put him just outside top 10, but we need to get a consensus going.

Ermac pls *derptile

Skitzo

Noob
Ermac is awesome, i've always thought maybe 11, no lower than 15. He is a decent zoner & a heavy hitter. He's a bit scary.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I don't personally play Ermac but I'd say he's upper mid tier along with Reptile. Both are extremely solid characters, but not godlike.

Flagg

Noob
These tier list threads....

Okay, a serious question....if Kabal was not in this game, do people think everyone in the cast would be tournie viable if there was no Kabal to face?

Enenra

Go to hell.

Okay, a serious question....if Kabal was not in this game, do people think everyone in the cast would be tournie viable if there was no Kabal to face?
No. Not with MUs like Scorpion v Cage, etc

M2Dave

Zoning Master

The reason characters like Kano and Sheeva suck has nothing to do with Kabal; they suck because they lack tools.

Also, I think Ermac is high mid tier at best and mid tier at worst. He is a solid character, but there are better options.

Flagg

Noob
The reason characters like Kano and Sheeva suck has nothing to do with Kabal; they suck because they lack tools.

Also, I think Ermac is high mid tier at best and mid tier at worst. He is a solid character, but there are better options.
Well once upon a time I recal people saying how bad Sindel and Jade were, and now all of a sudden everyone is saying they have potential. I agree that Kano and Sheeva have issues, but do you think Kano/Sheeva are 1-9 against Kabal, because I can't think of any other match ups, not even CSZ vs Kitana or Kitana vs Kenshi that are that bad.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag

Kabal is a great character all around but that doesn't mean with him out of the picture everyone suddenly gets better. I main Sheeva now and I find a match against Kitana/Mileena way harder than Kabal

On topic Ermac seems pretty solid to me, I don't play against them that often, but some of the shit he can get away with to start a combo is hilarious because you let go of block for a second half way across the screen and you can lose 40%. I think he's underrated, even after Detroit ballin was doing some crazy stuff with him but seeing something like that should show the character definitely has potential.

Flagg

Noob
I havent been maining him long, Ermac just seems to suffer from a lot of his normals/strings being ducked and interupted. As a zoner and punisher, he is absolutely beastly. Force push has a massive hitbox. However, his standing 1 makes a great AA.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Well once upon a time I recal people saying how bad Sindel and Jade were, and now all of a sudden everyone is saying they have potential. I agree that Kano and Sheeva have issues, but do you think Kano/Sheeva are 1-9 against Kabal, because I can't think of any other match ups, not even CSZ vs Kitana or Kitana vs Kenshi that are that bad.
Jade and Sindel have potential? Potential for what? To be mid tier characters? Is that really relevant to the meta game?

In any case, I think people are asking the wrong question. It does not matter where a character like Ermac is ranked; it matters how he performs versus the following ten characters that are consistently used in tournaments:

S Kabal
A+ Cage, Kenshi, Sonya
A Cyrax, Jax, Kitana, Kung Lao, Freddy, Smoke

Ermac players can debate how he performs in each match up.

As far as Kano and Sheeva go, who cares if Kabal is removed from the game when they do not beat a single character in the top ten anyway? They still have two or three losing 7:3 match ups excluding Kabal. That is why they are neither relevant nor viable, even if Kabal did not exist.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No one really understands how to play Kano correctly. People like I$AAC and BEENEEWEENEES play him the way he was meant to be played. People that still think he is just knives and balls have no idea how to play him right and no idea of his potential.

That being said he is definitely bottom five, and the Kabal matchup is really only like 3-7. Yeah that sucks but Kabal has a lot of 3-7s against characters like baraka who are actually solid. He is just a really good character. I still think Jade is very overrated, her damage output among other things really hurt her. Sheeva is imo the worst in the game. She has the slowest moves, the biggest hitbox. Yeah she has a good damage output but that doesnt really matter when you cannot get a hit off anyway. People could prove me wrong very easily, but these are just my opinions.

I still think in a months time some of these characters will start being questioned about their usefullness. A month ago people said Ermac was bad, and now he is in the top 15 in almost every tier list. People said Shang was top 3, and now he is like top 16-18 or something. This community is like a 5 year old with ADHD, they pretty much change their mind on a daily basis.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Ermac is shit. All of his strings and mixups are weak, punishable and slow. His b2 reset is easier to escape then Sub's was. You can duck almost everything he has. No armor. Piss poor wakeups and all his specials are shit. Except for Telekenetic push, which, lets just face it, is a shitter version of Kenshi's Spirit Charge. Only thing he has going for him is damage, but his slow as ass strings means that he will never catch you anyways. Ermac is bottom 5 imo.

#REO

When the fuck did people start saying all this Kabal is S+ bullshit. He hasn't won every single tournament. Shut the fuck up or just main him already. Seriously, every character thread I go into it has to do something with Kabal being a God.. SMH.

Ermac is boss tbh. I can't wait to see how Detroit and Big D use him in the future.

Ermac is shit. All of his strings and mixups are weak, punishable and slow. His b2 reset is easier to escape then Sub's was. You can duck almost everything he has. No armor. Piss poor wakeups and all his specials are shit. Except for Telekenetic push, which, lets just face it, is a shitter version of Kenshi's Spirit Charge. Only thing he has going for him is damage, but his slow as ass strings means that he will never catch you anyways. Ermac is bottom 5 imo.

#REO
You got some of those thing right hes strings are slow and you can duck every string but forward O but TKP is a very usefull move actually one of the best moves in the game hes no way near buttom 5 hes a very desent char Im using him a as an alt.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
When the fuck did people start saying all this Kabal is S+ bullshit. He hasn't won every single tournament. Shut the fuck up or just main him already. Seriously, every character thread I go into it has to do something with Kabal being a God.. SMH.

Ermac is boss tbh. I can't wait to see how Detroit and Big D use him in the future.
He is by far the best character in this game. 2NDC infinite, NDC cancels, iaGB to build a ton of meter, Armor on EX dash, Great pokes, Great footsies, Great Rushdown, Great Zoning. He is not unbeatable but he is the best in the game, no question.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Wth is wrong with these threads ? Back on topic Ermac IS solid and i ve been saying that since i joined this community. Detroit just showed a fraction of what Ermac can do and if he continues playing him you guys will see what i have been saying for about 10 months now. The Ermac community knew what this character is capable of a long time now... Everyone else didnt though.