What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn [EO Beta Closed] Kotal Kahn Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
The fact 114 is still inconsistent on crouching hurtboxes (especially females) is what really gets me. That was the one change EVERYONE agreed was fine, and it still sucks.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
What is the pizza buff
his slow ass projectile,, its a huge buff.

HOW IS HE EQUALLY AS GOOD, IF HE LOST HIM MAIN TOOL?
back 1 tick throw wasn't his main tool... he has plenty of options still.. D4 tick throw, D1 tick throw, D3 tick throw. if you want a single hit into DB2!

They can jump/armor out of it. If people know the MU like they should, they'll know that just using b14 is dumb since it's like -17 on block and we're gonna have to commit to db2 or try and make a read that they're gonna jump and do b14~df1/EX pizza instead.
im fine with it.. i got armored pre beta from B14, but it working on hit.. allows you to not have to hit confirm it anymore. thats a buff in my book.

i can lose B1 tick and Keep, D1/D3/D4 tick.

and gain

DB2 on hit..

Pizza trading

seems stronger to me.

i honestly barley had to use B1 tick anyways... B14 or B122 mixup is pretty legit. 212 delayed EXDB2 is legit.

and i did allright with Sun ray zoning with his pizza anyways.. its great that they buffed his zoning.

only thing i wanted was his 114 to work on FT and others. that move is great to follow up with mixup

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt

back 1 tick throw wasn't his main tool... he has plenty of options still.. D4 tick throw, D1 tick throw, D3 tick throw. if you want a single hit into DB2!

im fine with it.. i got armored pre beta from B14, but it working on hit.. allows you to not have to hit confirm it anymore. thats a buff in my book.

and gain

DB2 on hit..

Pizza trading

seems stronger to me.

i honestly barley had to use B1 tick anyways... B14 or B122 mixup is pretty legit. 212 delayed EXDB2 is legit.

and i did allright with Sun ray zoning with his pizza anyways.. its great that they buffed his zoning.

only thing i wanted was his 114 to work on FT and others. that move is great to follow up with mixup
Besides all that. Sun God's brutality is sick. That alone makes him top tier. And not him sitting on three bars and you none. Deeeeaaaattthhh.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
sun god is still v good, ive played long sets against 2 good players, (ketchup and the tile) and neither were consistently getting out of b14 tick throw. most people try jump out so if you just do b14 and they jump on prediction you can uppercut and convert with f1b2 or just ex air grab

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
i honestly barley had to use B1 tick anyways... B14 or B122 mixup is pretty legit.
No it's not legit. b14 tick is not future proof at high level.

B1 was his best tick throw, and in the beta it's s1, which in some ways is better, in some ways is worse.

MadeOfMetal

No it's not legit. b14 tick is not future proof at high level.

B1 was his best tick throw, and in the beta it's s1, which in some ways is better, in some ways is worse.
what about D1, D3, D4? did they disappear?

hasnt B14 always been armorable?

ill stick with him regardless. i can adapt. he has other options imo

besides i mostly used B14 in juggles for more damage... cuz its always been punishable.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Sun god has also always been the worst variation. It's fine, this will just be the 2nd patch in a row where Sun God is ridiculously up played for no reason. There is no doubt it got even worse.

Tweedy

Noob
Standing 1 tick throw is pretty good. Works on block and hit. If they try to disrespect it, 114 is hitconfirmable and goes for like 44% for a bar. They can't just low profile because you can still go into B1. B1 stagger regular grab is still legit.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
Sun god has also always been the worst variation. It's fine, this will just be the 2nd patch in a row where Sun God is ridiculously up played for no reason. There is no doubt it got even worse.
i agree its the worst but i think its a fine margin between sun and blood.

TheRealOnlyGoonie

Hey You Guys

and gain

DB2 on hit..

Pizza trading

seems stronger to me.

THE FACT THAT YOU BELIEVE B1 TICK THROW WASNT HIS MAIN TOOL SHOWS HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE CHARACTER.

MadeOfMetal

THE FACT THAT YOU BELIEVE B1 TICK THROW WASNT HIS MAIN TOOL SHOWS HOW LITTLE YOU KNOW ABOUT THE CHARACTER.
in my experience.. those who used B1 on me got bodied... just saying.. you could always meter through the B1 and the DB2, just like we could always meter through or backdash the B14 for full combo punish... it was risky to use it as a main tool in high level play... basically how it works in high level play.. you use that move as a staple and the better player will watch for it, and punish.. don't know if you knew thats how it worked, but thats basically the gist.

no need to get Rash with me.. im just stating simple basics about the game.. you are acting like you could spam b1 and get away with it. like it was his Go To Move.. and its not.. he has an arsenal of tools to use to keep your opponent guessing.

him losing his B1 tick is a small drop... but it won't effect his overall playstyle.. and if you'r one of those B14/B1 CG spammers that use it like its going out of style, then yes maybe he is over for you.. but he is fine.

i actually play him the right way so it didn't effect my game. in fact it strengthened it.

the ability to throw out B14(every so often!) and land it weather they block or not is a godsend.. compiled with how his hitbox is with that move.. can even stuff some players D4's its godlike.

but remember you have several ways to open up your opponent with KK in all variations.. and in sun god just to name a few. Sun rays add pressure, also heal you and do damage to your opponent while you chip, Spacing strings can bait attacks or allow follow up when they are not suspecting which opens up. you dont just have to.
Tick through.. he is a great character.

he is modest and honest, has plenty of tools, but leaves opponent with options for his dirt...

he is not the Sheeva of MKX stop acting like he is dead.

instead of coming on here asking for buffs, and proclaiming that your character is dead RIP.. start asking what you can do to get better.. he got reworked not nerfed... we honestly havent had enough time to test him fully out.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I feel like Ex parry needs to affect the opponents string differently. It sucks either having to spend 2 bars of meter for the parry or spending the bar of meter and having to block because you can't get a punish out anyway.
Parry in general doesnt let your opponent cancel into a special. Assuming you parry the hit before the special

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
B14 is a terrible string. At high level the only time it should be used is mid combo. B14 being -17 sucks, that means that any armor move faster than 17 frames can punish B14 no matter what the Kotal does. B14 staggered=armor punish, B14xxair grab=armor punish, B14xxpizza=armor punish, B14xxcmd grab=armor punish. Completing this string is a death sentence. (B122 in sun god and blood good is similar just the -10 version) So the fact that his main tick is now B14 is a form of nerf. Yes I understand there are other things one can do to get the grab out, such as the pokes, but the fact remains that B14 is still a bad string. Using B14 as the main way to get the grab off is something that should not be done. I personally would have preferred to keep B1xxtick and lose B14xxtick. Such is my humble opinion.

Sorry if this is old news, but has anyone noticed the frame data on WG's EX Overhead shows only a 4 frame startup, down from 17. I tried testing this with a buddy who plays liu kang, and liu's b1 broke the armor on the Overhead. The b1 is 9 frames. I mean, i dont think anyone can really test this until training room comes around, but has anyone tested this. Or even noticed a difference on the speed of the hit??

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Sorry if this is old news, but has anyone noticed the frame data on WG's EX Overhead shows only a 4 frame startup, down from 17. I tried testing this with a buddy who plays liu kang, and liu's b1 broke the armor on the Overhead. The b1 is 9 frames. I mean, i dont think anyone can really test this until training room comes around, but has anyone tested this. Or even noticed a difference on the speed of the hit??
Frame data for that move has always been wonky. Before it said it was 0 on block

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
in my experience.. those who used B1 on me got bodied... just saying.. you could always meter through the B1 and the DB2, just like we could always meter through or backdash the B14 for full combo punish... it was risky to use it as a main tool in high level play... basically how it works in high level play.. you use that move as a staple and the better player will watch for it, and punish.. don't know if you knew thats how it worked, but thats basically the gist.

no need to get Rash with me.. im just stating simple basics about the game.. you are acting like you could spam b1 and get away with it. like it was his Go To Move.. and its not.. he has an arsenal of tools to use to keep your opponent guessing.

him losing his B1 tick is a small drop... but it won't effect his overall playstyle.. and if you'r one of those B14/B1 CG spammers that use it like its going out of style, then yes maybe he is over for you.. but he is fine.

i actually play him the right way so it didn't effect my game. in fact it strengthened it.

the ability to throw out B14(every so often!) and land it weather they block or not is a godsend.. compiled with how his hitbox is with that move.. can even stuff some players D4's its godlike.

but remember you have several ways to open up your opponent with KK in all variations.. and in sun god just to name a few. Sun rays add pressure, also heal you and do damage to your opponent while you chip, Spacing strings can bait attacks or allow follow up when they are not suspecting which opens up. you dont just have to.
Tick through.. he is a great character.

he is modest and honest, has plenty of tools, but leaves opponent with options for his dirt...

he is not the Sheeva of MKX stop acting like he is dead.

instead of coming on here asking for buffs, and proclaiming that your character is dead RIP.. start asking what you can do to get better.. he got reworked not nerfed... we honestly havent had enough time to test him fully out.
You must be godlike if u could react to b1-sunchoke and bodie ppl who dare to use it lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
what about D1, D3, D4? did they disappear?

hasnt B14 always been armorable?

ill stick with him regardless. i can adapt. he has other options imo

besides i mostly used B14 in juggles for more damage... cuz its always been punishable.
Pokes aren't great tick throws because you can hit them with a poke and then eat a full punish. It's redundant doing poke tick throws, because you made the read that they were blocking, in which case you should just go for SC straight up.

b14 has always been but you're saying that the throw now connecting is a better buff, when it's only a good buff against players that are getting hit by the no-mixup strings.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

You must be godlike if u could react to b1-sunchoke and bodie ppl who dare to use it lol
i do allright, may not react every time, but someone who uses it as a staple.. yeah i can react to that. (so don't twist my words)so since u read my earlier post where i stated it was towards those who abuse it, i guess that's godlike to your standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.