What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn [EO Beta Closed] Kotal Kahn Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eldriken

what about the Regular version ? does it also have projectile absorption properties ?
Didn't really use it enough to find out. Sorry. I'll have to make sure to check the next time I play.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
I don't understand the logic of removing 6% off of the WarGod OTG. It wasn't 13% like Tremor.

Even the (EX) Paddle Throw nerf seems pointless and unnecessary. Am I missing something?
There is no any logic. WG was middle tier, there is no any reasons to nerf onay of his tools.
I say more - he needs buffs

played slayer, my bg vs ermac and that flippy kick they made safe is almost a block infinite, you can backdash but then have to block it again, the parry isnt quick enough, only d4 with perfect timing and roll uppercut on wakeup got me out of it

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
A armor non launcher for blood God with the built in fail safe of not summoning any totems for 20 seconds after activation seems fair.

mattnin

Noob
A armor non launcher for blood God with the built in fail safe of not summoning any totems for 20 seconds after activation seems fair.
Umm no, that would nerf and ruin Blood God. Listen up noobs, Blood God does already have an armored non-launcher, ex parry, try it

just_2swift

Umm no, that would nerf and ruin Blood God. Listen up noobs, Blood God does already have an armored non-launcher, ex parry, try it
No need for name calling as I'm far from a noob. It was just a suggestion for one and honestly I play Kotal I'm aware of ex parry. I see why ppl call this site trash.

mattnin

Noob
No need for name calling as I'm far from a noob. It was just a suggestion for one and honestly I play Kotal I'm aware of ex parry. I see why ppl call this site trash.
EX parry is an armored non-launcher that can be used on wakeup for Blood/Sun God. It's not your standard armor move that you'll find in some other characters, its much more difficult to use. It's so difficult to use that it's rarely used and there is very little tech on it in these forums. That's what is so great about Blood God, there is STILL undiscovered potential. IF you manage to land a successful parry or two (or three), you have the potential to turn the match around with just one uppercut. Like I said, it is not easy, but it is hype. If you want to play the game on easy mode, there are several cheese characters to choose from. If you want to play the game on hard mode, play Blood God.

just_2swift

EX parry is an armored non-launcher that can be used on wakeup for Blood/Sun God. It's not your standard armor move that you'll find in some other characters, its much more difficult to use. It's so difficult to use that it's rarely used and there is very little tech on it in these forums. That's what is so great about Blood God, there is STILL undiscovered potential. IF you manage to land a successful parry or two (or three), you have the potential to turn the match around with just one uppercut. Like I said, it is not easy, but it is hype. If you want to play the game on easy mode, there are several cheese characters to choose from. If you want to play the game on hard mode, play Blood God.
Again. I'm aware of ex parry as I play Kotal. I'm allergic to cheese (lactose intolerant) and nothing is more cheesier than ex sun ray + defense totem. Also why do i have to repeat myself when it's in my first post. Trash indeed.

mattnin

Noob
Again. I'm aware of ex parry as I play Kotal. I'm allergic to cheese (lactose intolerant) and nothing is more cheesier than ex sun ray + defense totem. Also why do i have to repeat myself when it's in my first post. Trash indeed.
I'm calling BS, I think you weren't really aware of a Blood God armored wakeup. That's why you're so defensive because I pointed out he does in fact have one. It's OK though. It is easy to forget he has an armored wakeup move especially if you read the Blood God forums alot or not really actively trying parry as a wakeup in game.

just_2swift

I'm calling BS, I think you weren't really aware of a Blood God armored wakeup. That's why you're so defensive because I pointed out he does in fact have one. It's OK though. It is easy to forget he has an armored wakeup move especially if you read the Blood God forums alot or not really actively trying parry as a wakeup in game.
You can call Bone Shaper all you want. I also couldn't be defensive as there was no obsidian totem present. Again trash confirmed.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Sorry if this was mentioned, but did they fix the juggle on f1b2? Like f1b2 into f1b2 doesn't switch sides and is a more consistent juggle?

EDIT: Nevermind, after further testing, it still switches sides on certain juggles.

Last edited:

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Guys, regular pizza goes through projectiles, including clone. The B1 tic removal was definitely a nerf for SG, but this is definitely a welcome buff for SG and BG. Time will tell. Oh, and as for SG's combos, on almost everything he still does the same damage as before, because all his combos lead to an airborne opponent. The only difference is that B14 now combos without you needing to use meter.

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Guys, regular pizza goes through projectiles, including clone. The B1 tic removal was definitely a nerf for SG, but this is definitely a welcome buff for SG and BG. Time will tell. Oh, and as for SG's combos, on almost everything he still does the same damage as before, because all his combos lead to an airborne opponent. The only difference is that B14 now combos without you needing to use meter.
I only noticed normal pizza go through clone, not normal projectiles.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I feel like Ex parry needs to affect the opponents string differently. It sucks either having to spend 2 bars of meter for the parry or spending the bar of meter and having to block because you can't get a punish out anyway.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I feel like Ex parry needs to affect the opponents string differently. It sucks either having to spend 2 bars of meter for the parry or spending the bar of meter and having to block because you can't get a punish out anyway.
Reg Parry should Be slight faster (1-2frames would suffice) with slightly larger cancel window (2 frames).

Ex parry should connect into his ex command grab.

IDYLEHANDZ

Slave to burgers
pizza absorbing projectiles is great. almost as good as parry absorbing high and low projectiles... I sincerely hope blood god isn't messed with too much.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
itd be a great idea to make every command throw a 3 directional input, not just to make it more execution heavy but its also harder to hit confirm
hell no. i like how it is.. besides its allready punishable.. there are options for the opponent. if he DB2 off a blocked B1/B14 you can EX through it.. and some players can normal special cancel out. as well as backdash and full punish.

so making it DBF2 would do nothing but hurt kotal players on hit confirms.. as it stands now, if we fail the hit confirm, we are punished. and if the enemy playes well enough they punish it anyways.. so my vote to that is no..

Status
Not open for further replies.