What's new

Question Enlight my Aquaman pls

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So i was thinking, how to i pressure safe with this character?
I mean, can i do a B12 Trident Rush as blockstring? or the Trident Rush is punishable on block?
Can i do a B12~Trident Scoop~trait in case they try to punish?
B2~Trident Scoop mixup can be safe if i perform it from a little bit away from the character?
Does Ending blockstrings with Water shield then backdash is safe?

Nightwing is annoying when he changes to staff, the (MB)ground blast is annoyingly +18 on block and allows a free flying grayson i guess, the MU seems to change when he traits to staff, i need some help from more experienced players to give me an insight on this MU. I recently ran into some problems with his escrima, but not anymore, since i learned how to counter wing ding recently.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Trident Rush is pretty much safe on block against most of the cast. Superman can F2 3 though (what a surprise!).

Doing any blockstring into Low Scoop then trait on block is standard gameplay. Spacing it does make it safe-ish.

I haven't used Water Shield cancels mid string to be honest. In theory it should be safe because it has short startup and backdash invicibility ought to cover you.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
So i was thinking, how to i pressure safe with this character?
I mean, can i do a B12 Trident Rush as blockstring? or the Trident Rush is punishable on block?
Can i do a B12~Trident Scoop~trait in case they try to punish?
B2~Trident Scoop mixup can be safe if i perform it from a little bit away from the character?
Does Ending blockstrings with Water shield then backdash is safe?

Nightwing is annoying when he changes to staff, the (MB)ground blast is annoyingly +18 on block and allows a free flying grayson i guess, the MU seems to change when he traits to staff, i need some help from more experienced players to give me an insight on this MU. I recently ran into some problems with his escrima, but not anymore, since i learned how to counter wing ding recently.
You can pressure many different ways with Aquaman. D1, B12 Trident Scoop, F2 1+3 etc. The Nightwing matchup can be a challenge. I personally try to stay as close as possible when he goes to the staff stance because of the ground spark. You also have to watch out for his frame traps, punish when appropriate, and make your opponent think by mixing it up (low, mid, high attacks).

I'd be open to playing some matches with you on XBL. I'm normally on during the evenings.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
You can pressure many different ways with Aquaman. D1, B12 Trident Scoop, F2 1+3 etc. The Nightwing matchup can be a challenge. I personally try to stay as close as possible when he goes to the staff stance because of the ground spark. You also have to watch out for his frame traps, punish when appropriate, and make your opponent think by mixing it up (low, mid, high attacks).

I'd be open to playing some matches with you on XBL. I'm normally on during the evenings.
why would you use f2 1&3 as pressure? Isn't f2 unsafe? Why use f2 when you can b1? I don't understand seeing as there both low.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
why would you use f2 1&3 as pressure? Isn't f2 unsafe? Why use f2 when you can b1? I don't understand seeing as there both low.
I wrote that post rather quickly so let me clarify. I view pressuring an opponent as being in a position to dictate the pace of the match. I prefer for my opponent to have to think where the next attack is coming. At times I use F2 ~ 1+3 right after they get off the ground and other times I may use B12.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

I'm on PSN, and my connection sucks, don't worry, i will practice this MU ^^

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
If you are trying to pressure, use f1 and fwd13 a lot. However my main string is b12 rush, because I am all about that meter building and chip damage. Some characters can punish (superman and flash) but besides those two, abuse and bully your opponent. As far as the nw matchup goes, Actually Eddy Wang pm me about the nw matchup or post here what exactly is giving you problems. There is a lot going on in the matchup and I don't want to type out everything if there is an easy fix. However, a lot of Awuaman players seem to be having prblems in this matchup. If everybody wants, I could do a NW matchup guide video, but you guys have to let me know. Anybody interested?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you are trying to pressure, use f1 and fwd13 a lot. However my main string is b12 rush, because I am all about that meter building and chip damage. Some characters can punish (superman and flash) but besides those two, abuse and bully your opponent. As far as the nw matchup goes, Actually Eddy Wang pm me about the nw matchup or post here what exactly is giving you problems. There is a lot going on in the matchup and I don't want to type out everything if there is an easy fix. However, a lot of Awuaman players seem to be having prblems in this matchup. If everybody wants, I could do a NW matchup guide video, but you guys have to let me know. Anybody interested?
i'm down for a NW breakdown video.

His Escrima was annoying because he kept jumping backwards to throw batarangs, its not hard to punish, it just requires a good timing, so i stickied close to him as much as i can and pressure him in order to force mistakes.
There is also that string B11~flip kick, roque uses it because the flip crosses up and i'm force to backdash and punish with Aquaman, Green Arrow backdash sucks, but he can also punish if he forward dash instead.

So then, if i'm bodying on the escrima, i pay close attention to be ready at the moment he decides to switch to staff so i can get a extra punish.
The problem is, when he gets on this stance, (MB)Ground Blast becomes annoying, and Roque can string into this special moves so he can get a +18 on block which i'm forced to respect to not eat a Flying Grayson.

I'm looking form some holes where i can B3 Punish or Backdash to punish

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I do a lot of this to pressure and open people up when they are blocking:

F1~B12, Trident Rush.

75% of the time people push a button after F1, but since it's +3 on block youre kill them with B12 into full combo. It's a sexy setup.

Also like others said, F13,Scoop or F1, Scoop is a seriously good mix up.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.

a big YES from me.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
i'm down for a NW breakdown video.

His Escrima was annoying because he kept jumping backwards to throw batarangs, its not hard to punish, it just requires a good timing, so i stickied close to him as much as i can and pressure him in order to force mistakes.
There is also that string B11~flip kick, roque uses it because the flip crosses up and i'm force to backdash and punish with Aquaman, Green Arrow backdash sucks, but he can also punish if he forward dash instead.

So then, if i'm bodying on the escrima, i pay close attention to be ready at the moment he decides to switch to staff so i can get a extra punish.
The problem is, when he gets on this stance, (MB)Ground Blast becomes annoying, and Roque can string into this special moves so he can get a +18 on block which i'm forced to respect to not eat a Flying Grayson.

I'm looking form some holes where i can B3 Punish or Backdash to punish
I believe most strings cancelled into ground blast can be interrupted. And okay I will start on the video as soon as finals week is over, can probably get it done by next Monday.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I wrote that post rather quickly so let me clarify. I view pressuring an opponent as being in a position to dictate the pace of the match. I prefer for my opponent to have to think where the next attack is coming. At times I use F2 ~ 1+3 right after they get off the ground and other times I may use B12.
get off the ground? What u mean u catch them as soon as u see them jump? does anyone else other than me use b123 on block?as for the nightwing match,he doesn't seem to give me massive problems unless he's full screen.although I would like to see a video from you hgtv.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
get off the ground? What u mean u catch them as soon as u see them jump? does anyone else other than me use b123 on block?
I try to time the F2 after a knock down. I prefer to use D2 as an anti air. I also b123 on the block as well because you can catch people off guard who are blocking low expecting the scoop. I just try to mix things up and not be predictable.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I try to time the F2 after a knock down. I prefer to use D2 as an anti air. I also b123 on the block as well because you can catch people off guard who are blocking low expecting the scoop. I just try to mix things up and not be predictable.
after a knockdown? How are you hitting them with f2? Are you using 223 as a ender then or dashing in after a f2 1&3 then doing f2? I still don't understand the point of going for a f2 tbh when you can just go into b12.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
after a knockdown? How are you hitting them with f2? Are you using 223 as a ender then or dashing in after a f2 1&3 then doing f2? I still don't understand the point of going for a f2 tbh when you can just go into b12.
I'm simply timing the F2 as they rise up so it can connect. If the opponent is not blocking they will get hit with the F2 ~1+3 for the hard knockdown (so I won't have to worry about wakeup attacks) that can followed up with various follow up attacks (b12, d3, b2 etc.).

You can use b12 instead of F2 but it's easier at times to dictate the pace of the match by utilizing the hard knockdown that F2 ~1+3 provides. It's good to have options. :)

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I'm simply timing the F2 as they rise up so it can connect. If the opponent is not blocking they will get hit with the F2 ~1+3 for the hard knockdown (so I won't have to worry about wakeup attacks) that can followed up with various follow up attacks (b12, d3, b2 etc.).

You can use b12 instead of F2 but it's easier at times to dictate the pace of the match by utilizing the hard knockdown that F2 ~1+3 provides. It's good to have options. :)
rise up from what? I must be stupid because I'm still not getting it. A f2 1&3 gets like 15% on hit and a hard knock down but b12 on hit gets like 40% with 1 bar and ends in the same situation.yes I agree though its good to have options.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
rise up from what? I must be stupid because I'm still not getting it. A f2 1&3 gets like 15% on hit and a hard knock down but b12 on hit gets like 40% with 1 bar and ends in the same situation.yes I agree though its good to have options.
No worries.

Ex. I hit an opponent with From the Deep. The opponent is on there back. As the he or she rises up to their feet they can block or attempt a wakeup attack.

I personally just tread lightly with b12 because it fairly easy to block.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
No worries.

Ex. I hit an opponent with From the Deep. The opponent is on there back. As the he or she rises up to their feet they can block or attempt a wakeup attack.

I personally just tread lightly with b12 because it fairly easy to block.
ok so they choose not to wake up attack and to block? There clearly going to block low seeing as you can see aquas overheads a mile away so what is the point of using f2 on block which leads to nothing else when you can use b12 rush and take some nice chip damage?

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
ok so they choose not to wake up attack and to block? There clearly going to block low seeing as you can see aquas overheads a mile away so what is the point of using f2 on block which leads to nothing else when you can use b12 rush and take some nice chip damage?
I'd respectfully disagree. I've caught a number of players with a F2 ~1+3 follow by a B2. Worst case scenario is the b12 rush for chip damage.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I'd respectfully disagree. I've caught a number of players with a F2 ~1+3 follow by a B2. Worst case scenario is the b12 rush for chip damage.
im not being funny dude but if your knocking people down and their choosing not to wake up and not blocking low then they must be pretty shit tbh,you can see his b2 and f3 coming a mile off.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
im not being funny dude but if your knocking people down and their choosing not to wake up and not blocking low then they must be pretty shit tbh,you can see his b2 and f3 coming a mile off.
I'm not being funny either.

I slightly agree on your comment about seeing the F2 and F3. Aquaman obviously has more tools than just b12. But as I mentioned in a previous post it's all about mixing up the attacks. It's tough to explain in words but after throwing out a certain sequence of attacks I could easily reverse the order the next time or simply adapt to what my opponent is doing. At times if an opponent is going to attempt a wake up I'll simply block and punish (not all players wake up all the time...). It all comes down to how the flow of the match is going and how I read my opponent.

I'm not the greatest player in the world but I'm definitely not playing scrubs all day either.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
That is correct. You should NEVER use f2 1+2 in any circumstance but a combo ender. PERIOD.