What's new

EMP Tom Brady Wins Project Injustice w/ Aquaman

Thanks for all thethe congrats and support..

For those of you who are now demanding nerfs...where is all the "its not the character, its the player" talk that i had to hear over the last 2 years? When i do well, CLEARLY the character is the reason...

I do not want this to be the trend in this community, demanding nerfs for any character that can win. You would have to nerf all 24 characters....

D

Deleted member 9158

That grand finals was dope, congrats to Tom and that Aquaman!

Props to REO as well, really well played Batman. But dat Aquaman trait though...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
How does me winning a tournament turn into a nerf thread? Lol where is all the "its not the character, its the player" talk that i had to hear over the last 2 years? When i do well, CLEARLY the character is the reason...

I do not want this to be the trend in this community, demanding nerfs for any character that can win. You would have to nerf all 24 characters....
You're kidding, right Tom? After every single Major for MK9, a new thread saying "(insert character here) top 5?" would pop up, it was obligatory. This isn't something that's happening just because it's you Tom, lol.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Thanks for all thethe congrats and support..

For those of you who are now demanding nerfs...where is all the "its not the character, its the player" talk that i had to hear over the last 2 years? When i do well, CLEARLY the character is the reason...

WORD.
Seriously. Tom was using smart defensive play against most of the folks who lost who were just using stuff too risky. Remember my first page post on Ether's Shazam (M. Bizam) style of play? Their first match went fairly close but then he started using raw psycho crushers too often. Next round Tom had that downloaded and the dude just kept going for it and Tom ate him without ever losing his first life bar.

Its the player. Not the character. Smarten up your approaches and enders and you'll do better. Throwing out stuff thats a free punish to start or end your stuff with is gonna get you ate in this game where footsies are so tight.

Goldi

Noob
Nothing like watching a simple congrats thread go off topic. Seriously, we've got enough nerf this, buff that going on pretty much everywhere else. Let's not derail this.

Congratulations, Tom. And best of luck at ECT or UFGT or wherever you're going next :)

JLG

Noob
Three things:

1. Congrats to Tom Brady. That was a very entertaining tournament and Grand Finals. What really impressed me is that you came out of Losers bracket, then went on like a 4-0 streak against REO at one point. You never give up and are always looking for ways to maximize your character's potential.

2. REO's Batman is so beautiful to watch. It's probably true that he can play well with any character, but I do feel that he's really found the one that meshes well with his style and skills. Everytime he's played on stream, I feel like I'm learning something new, not only about Batman but about fighting games in general.

3. KT Smith. This guy downplayed himself (I guess he was gone from the scene for a while?), yet he still took third. He came very close to beating Tom Brady, yet no one else seemed to have noticed that. Much respect to you, man.

4. (OK, I lied, 4 things) Those medals look sweet. Good job @ Project Injustice tourney organizer(s) and thanks for the stream, Kombat Network.

You're kidding, right Tom? After every single Major for MK9, a new thread saying "(insert character here) top 5?" would pop up, it was obligatory. This isn't something that's happening just because it's you Tom, lol.
I was making light of the " "x" character top 5?" in Mk9 after every event. The difference is that every character can look top 5 in IGAU. The characters are so good and so dirty that one tier is not far from the next, the gap is VERY small.

It's a problem in regards to dealing with competitively, not a problem in regards to it needing a nerf. His trait definitely shouldn't be removed nor am I or would I advocate for that. I understand that people are afraid of unjustified nerfs this time around based on MK9 but that shouldn't discourage legitimate discussion on how good some things are.

The problem I'm having Tom is that a character I use has already been said to getting a nerf (by Paulo himself), and it's a completely unneeded nerf. So you're damn right I'm going to call out things like Aquamans trait when someone like Ares is getting nerfed for so much less.
what about ares is getting nerfed and why?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Good job Tom Brady and REO, match was hype- hope to see more of you guys. Also what happened to the Dominican brothers, why they no play?