What's new

Emergency Kombat Kast TODAY 3PM Central Time!

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I got sympathy for the guys here, but "everything in a chest is locked, but the locations are different" is not a great line.

Like, I know a 5 of Clubs is in the deck, but if you shuffle it first, that doesn't exactly help me does it?

Oof, this is rough. My respects to these two for taking the fall for this as the public faces behind the game. Still, they should have had this Kast before the game released. This past Monday, even.

EDIT: Okay, yeah. I'm still not playing the single player until the currency gets adjusted. Time to go back to training mode to figure out who I will play in this game :D

Last edited:

Searsy82

Noob
They are giving everyone 500k koins, 1000 souls, and 500 hearts, and 1000 Time Crystals. But no real specifics on correcting the rate at which you earn them.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
For those who missed it, I added the notes in the OP. Here they are just in case:

What was discussed:

• They acknowledged towers were too hard, getting rewards was slow
  • Didn't make this game to force people to make in-game purchases
  • Reduced AI health so boss fight dropped from 4000 to 1500
  • Dropped frequency of MOST of the modifiers (5 sec to 10 sec) and they're now blockable
  • Tweaks fixed this, but not patches, tweaks were already put out. Patches will fix a lot of things like rewards, and it's coming by the end of this week (date TBD).
  • Boss battles, tag team battles will still be difficult because it should be (that's fine)
  • You can't buy consumables, hearts or souls and we won't ever be able to, only cosmetics.
  • The Krypt: contents of chests are the same for everyone, but the location is unique to each player. Heart and soul chests are in the same locations. Lots of mysteries to find in there outside of that.
  • They are giving us 500 000 Koins, 500 hearts, 1000 souls, 1000 time crystals (which will buy us 2 skins)

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
For those who missed it, I added the notes in the OP. Here they are just in case:

What was discussed:

• They acknowledged towers were too hard, getting rewards was slow
  • Didn't make this game to force people to make in-game purchases
  • Reduced AI health so boss fight dropped from 4000 to 1500
  • Dropped frequency of MOST of the modifiers (5 sec to 10 sec) and they're now blockable
  • Tweaks fixed this, but not patches, tweaks were already put out. Patches will fix a lot of things like rewards, and it's coming by the end of this week (date TBD).
  • Boss battles, tag team battles will still be difficult because it should be (that's fine)
  • You can't buy consumables, hearts or souls and we won't ever be able to, only cosmetics.
  • The Krypt: contents of chests are the same for everyone, but the location is unique to each player. Heart and soul chests are in the same locations. Lots of mysteries to find in there outside of that.
  • They are giving us 500 000 Koins, 500 hearts, 1000 souls, 1000 time crystals (which will buy us 2 skins)
TY for the summary but one thing - sounds like the obstacles are not blockable yet, that will be coming in the patch.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
It was damage control, but at least they addressed the issue as soon as it was possible.

I don't care about conspiracy theories ala 'that was the plan along' and that crap. Don't care at all. All I care about is the product, if it's fun and enjoyable.

So far I've unlocked about 5-8 skins and I think this is a reasonable amount - though I think that a fight should give about a thousand koins instead of 300-400.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Thanks for clearing some stuff up. Glad I caught the last parts given that I just rage quit because of a retardedly fuckin difficult Towers of Time fight.

I hope to see that patch soon.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
So yeah they didn't really talk about much at all, here's a synopsis:
  • The unblockable missiles in towers of time have been adjusted to come out much less frequently. They are currently working on a patch that makes them all blockable, reduces the health of the enemies to the regular 1000, and reduce the amount of consumables/modifiers the enemies get.
  • "NRS never intends to make any game that pushes you to pay for microtransactions"(lul), insert more PR speak here. They also sound like they aren't changing the crypt, as the rewards are all the same but the locations of chests vary by player (which is the issue) and is based on their "choices" (They didn't explain what that meant).
  • They are giving away 500,000 coins, 500(?) hearts, a bunch of time crystals, and 10(?) Ermac spires in an upcoming update.
That was pretty much it.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I missed the stream -did they mention a way to get skins without the Krypt ..i hate having to get use it to get skins that i want