What's new

Ed Boon & Tyler Lansdown "Kommunity Chat" Tomorrow (May 19)

Comments

Probably to calm down the outcry of concern and distaste for Kameo fighters. I'm excited. I'll make a video for the sake of practice and be here to talk about it.

Thanks for sharing! I hadn't seen this.

Last edited:
Hoping work is slow so I can have this going in the back lmao

I doubt it’s to chill people out about kameos, outside of TYM and the occasional Reddit post I haven’t seen too many people complain about it, though I do understand why it’s worrying. I imagine it’s going to give out some general info.

I wonder if they'll address the lack of Injustice 3. I'm curious if this temporary while they figure out licensing stuff/if NRS is going to be sold from WB, or if they have decided to truly depart from the franchise and will no longer be making those games.

Probably to calm down the outcry of concern and distaste for Kameo fighters. I'm excited. I'll make a video for the sake of practice and be here to talk about it.

Thanks for sharing! I hadn't seen this.
what are you talking about the Kameo Assist thing is awesome... only a tiny fraction of complain pants are making noise.. if you look at the trending almost everyone is super excited for the assist system and what it could mean.

There are 80+ MK characters... it is IMPOSSIBLE for them all to be playable... having a large % of that list be possible Kemeo is EXACTLY THE SAME as them not being in the game at all. The entire hate about this is absolutely ridiculous.

My take on the Kemeo system is that it will be this releases version of variations. You add 2 or maybe 3 fighters as assists that that adds 2 or maybe 3 special moves of your choice. This is such an awesome idea for a new way to do variations and I'm super excited to see some wicked combos by having a, what I assume will be Armageddon size kemeo roster, of special movies to tailor your mains.

No problem.

And wtf.. People are protesting already? It hasn't even been 12 hours since the reveal :coffee:
the fake outcry is crazy!!! thats why i dont worry about what nobody thinks of things i liked. if i did i wouldnt do anything lol. im a loyal mortal kombat fan and still play mk11 so im happy with what they have put out all these years.

they finally find a way to appease everyone and people still bitching and moaning? thats why im glad when devs put out what They want and whoever likes it likes it and whoever dont it wasnt meant for them to begin with. people complained about mk11 when there are TONS of stuff you can do in that game. i still havent played with all the fighters or completed all the towers.

what are you talking about the Kameo Assist thing is awesome...
I'm a fan of Kameos and assists. Assists added fun depth into MK9 that I experimented with for hours upon hours. But the developers twitters and the official reddit have certainly gotten a lot of nay sayers.

Let's be real here. They can't make everyone happy and no matter what they do the unhappy people will have pitchforks and torches. The MK fanbase love their pitchforks and torches. It's not a majority, but it's a very vocal group.

I think it's a happy medium as long as it wasn't my #1 character. If my #3 or #4 favorite character wasn't in the game but they had one of their special moves through assists I'd feel that's a good bone to throw to the dogs. Particularly, better than the reference items and effects we've had in the last two games.

I'm a fan of Kameos and assists. Assists added fun depth into MK9 that I experimented with for hours upon hours. But the developers twitters and the official reddit have certainly gotten a lot of nay sayers.

Let's be real here. They can't make everyone happy and no matter what they do the unhappy people will have pitchforks and torches. The MK fanbase love their pitchforks and torches. It's not a majority, but it's a very vocal group.

I think it's a happy medium as long as it wasn't my #1 character. If my #3 or #4 favorite character wasn't in the game but they had one of their special moves through assists I'd feel that's a good bone to throw to the dogs. Particularly, better than the reference items and effects we've had in the last two games.
We don't even know how it works yet guys

I want several things in this game: no variations, no breakaway bullshit that punishes you for juggling your opponent, no FB, faster gameplay with either running or making moves less sluggish and more fluid, even less emphasis on zoning.

I want several things in this game: no variations, no breakaway bullshit that punishes you for juggling your opponent, no FB, faster gameplay with either running or making moves less sluggish and more fluid, even less emphasis on zoning.
  1. Variations are back (assists)
  2. Breakaway is back
  3. Flawless Block is back
  4. Fatal Blow.... no idea.. I hope not
  5. Currencies are back (you didn't say this, but thought I would add it anyway)

1. Variations are back (assists)
  2. Breakaway is back
  3. Flawless Block is back
  4. Fatal Blow.... no idea.. I hope not
  5. Currencies are back (you didn't say this, but thought I would add it anyway)
How do you know about breakaway and flawless block?

Breakaway is cool if it resets neutral, unless it does I don't wanna see my character eating a full combo for playing the game right. Flawless block also needs polishing since MANY u2 attacks don't connect and u3 attacks are nothing more than a slap on the wrist to your opponent.

How do you know about breakaway and flawless block?
It is written on the website under features

Nah,assists aren't variations
well, unless the "assists" are different from every single other fighting game ever made, they are functionally identical.

An "assist" is just a new special move you can add to your main character. So by selecting "assists" you are adding new moves, probably with rules about what you can add for balance. This will be basically identical to how variations work in MK11 but the "assists" are not locked to characters and can be applied to any main.

This is an assumption by me.

Probably to calm down the outcry of concern and distaste for Kameo fighters.
You think they actually read THIS PARTICULAR FORUM? Or is this concern noticeable in other places? (I'm not that much into reddit and discord stuff)

You think they actually read THIS PARTICULAR FORUM? Or is this concern noticeable in other places? (I'm not that much into reddit and discord stuff)
It's a Twitter and official subreddit thing. This fanbase is dedicated enough it'd take something extreme to unseat us.

Just look at assist trophies in Smash Bros and how divisive they are. You can say it's a vocal minority not happy about it, but there's constant reddit threads popping up asking what exactly Kameos are, so I don't expect casuals searching/ caring about said features. Again, I'm waiting to learn and see more but I can definitely see the concern of say like waiting to play a character after 10+ years, they get their own model and redesign, then they're relegated to an assist function. I'm curious, I know nrs would never do this, but how would the energy be if the remaining main roster were 3d era, and original trilogy would be kameos? Would people still be happy that they at least made it in? We'll wait and see how it plays out but I see the reason for concern

there's constant reddit threads popping up asking what exactly Kameos are
lol... so a new feature never seen in a nrs game is announced 12 hours ago and people have questions..... no shit.

Have some fucking patience.... all will be revealed before September and many of the community, including the competitive, will be in the beta anyway to get more community focused feedback.

The game was announced only yesterday for fucks sake lol... when exactly do you think they could have explained it all in detail?

lol... so a new feature never seen in a nrs game is announced 12 hours ago and people have questions..... no shit.

Have some fucking patience.... all will be revealed before September and many of the community, including the competitive, will be in the beta anyway to get more community focused feedback.

The game was announced only yesterday for fucks sake lol... when exactly do you think they could have explained it all in detail?
They shouldn't have said anything lol. NRS wanted to give people some insight instead people are bitching about something they've never seen and can't wait to see it.
They should have just gone with the release date and announce a kombat cast

Literally reread wtf I said, I said I'm reserving judgements and casuals aren't even aware of kameos being mentioned so it's not like they're all a-okay with it. Again I'll wait and see but I see the reason for concern

The MK9 player in me that still misses Tag Kombat is VERY excited about the Kameo Fighter system.

I'm just wondering if that's going to be the universal competitive mode across the board, or if it's going to be a separate entity from tournament level 1v1, like Injustice 2 and all the extra moves and Gear builds there were in casual settings.