Next?

• Kombat Pack 3

Votes: 209 61.8%
  • MK11

Votes: 80 23.7%
  • Shaolin Monks sequel

Votes: 49 14.5%

• Total voters
I hope people realize more kombat packs will make everyone hate the game more they would have to completely overhaul the systme to get rid of the stuff people complain about and i personally think the next game will be mk vs injustice

Fighting game crowds don't like when their game dies. It's not fun to work hard for years perfecting a craft to only have it flushed down the drain. Also, they never get old because you can always learn something and get better.
Fighting game developers need to learn this. And yes, it might be bad for business as a game developer but that's how we feel and we aren't moving to any new smash brothers from melee anytime soon, so quit making them. jk nintendo, make them all you want, just don't ever forget who the top dog is.

long live mk10

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
True and triborg lol I mean look at what they did to poor Sektor and Cyrax. That's true, I just would be concerned someone would find something broken with Kabal, then they'd fix it then someone else would find something. But that is true I mean they could just nerf the fuck out of him that's one character I wouldn't mind if he was totally low tier lol.
lol i look at it as an option to fix Cyrax from this broken state last patch left him in, as for Kabal, umm do we really want him in the game if they will nerf him like they did Cyrax. i say leave him out if they gonna do that, but if they let him be then bring him in

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol i look at it as an option to fix Cyrax from this broken state last patch left him in, as for Kabal, umm do we really want him in the game if they will nerf him like they did Cyrax. i say leave him out if they gonna do that, but if they let him be then bring him in
lol as long as he's balanced he can be in the game, just not dumb dash cancels lol Cyrax ehh he was worse in MK9 granted lol but man they just totally almost killed Triborg in general compared to when released :(

MadeOfMetal

lol as long as he's balanced he can be in the game, just not dumb dash cancels lol Cyrax ehh he was worse in MK9 granted lol but man they just totally almost killed Triborg in general compared to when released :(
yeah i only wanna play a good character, not a broken one. i wanted cyrax's reset gone, just how they did it was dumb.

not only did they castrate his normals, but they took away all hit advantage on hit for follow up pressure like many characters have including jax. but then removed combo diversity, he has far less starters because of it, and way less enders and the inbetween because of the no net after bomb rule, then they went even farther, they limited how many bombs could be used, from 7+ to 3 hovers or 3 lows, i mean u can delay do a 4th after one explodes, but with all his damage reduction, on B2, F13, F21, B1, F43, 111, and Net and Bombs, he can only really get 32% meterless in most situations and not much better with bar.

they didnt stop there, then they took his somewhat ok Teleport and made it complete garbage, 11% for 1 bar, and it splats them away and on the gropund, and when it connects it sometimes glitches and adds twice the recovery frames on it. then lets talk about what they did to his net, not only can it not come out after bomb, but it has like 1/3rd the time that it used to have.

literally this isn't even all that happened in that patch, he still got problems with F13, B1, B2, and Teleport wiffing. then there is the F131 AA wiff problem.

that patch was horrible.

i get balancing but i fear them balancing a character at all at this point, as you can see why.

they hit Sektor with the normal nerfs, and rocket hit advantage nerf, smoke got the normals nerfed and a 2% damage reduction, CSZ had many starters ruined, many setups ruined, many combos ruined, and damage hit hard, his drones got the shaft, his freeze got the shaft, and his Juggle setups midscreen got castrated, then his divekicks got remade in a bad way.

I know what happened to Sektor didn't need to be done, and it was unjust, that being said, he is the best out of all triborg's as of now, and Cyrax is bottom 5, im sure he is accompanied by CSZ for sure, smoke to be determined lol. id say Sektor is mid tier but i had no problems with his rockets before patch, so i don't get why people hated on that anyways.

if kabal could be made where he wasn't broken then yes bring him in, BTW he should have his Nomad RC's in this game, since his OP ness was MK9 had no stamina which in this game serves as a Limit to how many Consecutive RC's you can do in a givin turn. will stop him from over abusing it, besides, in MK9 you could poke him out on a guess, ansd when he did the OH on MK9 it was your turn.

kabal was a pressure monster, and thats how he should be, but make no mistake he will not be any more op than Johnny or liu kang is or Jax. even though if he comes others wil;l scream that he is broken since he is the new char on the copping block.

the general mentality has been:
omg a new character, omg i have to lab up that matchup, this character is stupid, he is broke, omg i can't imediatly beat him with my best character, his tools are broken as F, Nerf that, he needs a normalization...
thats how it has gone every time a DLC came out.

or a new popular character.

lab a small while, complain, use a different character against them, complain, nerf, rinse and repeat.
what the community fails to understand is, characters that are new will seem op for a small while untill everyone becomes familiar and tech is found for dealing with them.

and any character you do not use seem broke when you struggle with them.

i have seen some very good players say, a matchup was bad or spout numbers like 3/7 or 2/8 when they play them the same way over and over.

they fail to understand that, to others there character seems op because they don't understand them like a main of that character does, and the players who main them think they are garbage because they see all the openings they have with them.

instead of changing gameplay style or allowing time for them to develop true matchup numbers some players will say bad matchup immediately after a couple of sets.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
guys, asking for a SM2 is not even an option. It could just be a brilliant story mode or side-story mode in MK11. We don't need to postpone things ourselves.

Also I'm not rushing or expecting MK11, I voted for KP3. If they keep supporting the current title, I'm good

MKF30

yeah i only wanna play a good character, not a broken one. i wanted cyrax's reset gone, just how they did it was dumb.

not only did they castrate his normals, but they took away all hit advantage on hit for follow up pressure like many characters have including jax. but then removed combo diversity, he has far less starters because of it, and way less enders and the inbetween because of the no net after bomb rule, then they went even farther, they limited how many bombs could be used, from 7+ to 3 hovers or 3 lows, i mean u can delay do a 4th after one explodes, but with all his damage reduction, on B2, F13, F21, B1, F43, 111, and Net and Bombs, he can only really get 32% meterless in most situations and not much better with bar.

they didnt stop there, then they took his somewhat ok Teleport and made it complete garbage, 11% for 1 bar, and it splats them away and on the gropund, and when it connects it sometimes glitches and adds twice the recovery frames on it. then lets talk about what they did to his net, not only can it not come out after bomb, but it has like 1/3rd the time that it used to have.

literally this isn't even all that happened in that patch, he still got problems with F13, B1, B2, and Teleport wiffing. then there is the F131 AA wiff problem.

that patch was horrible.

i get balancing but i fear them balancing a character at all at this point, as you can see why.

they hit Sektor with the normal nerfs, and rocket hit advantage nerf, smoke got the normals nerfed and a 2% damage reduction, CSZ had many starters ruined, many setups ruined, many combos ruined, and damage hit hard, his drones got the shaft, his freeze got the shaft, and his Juggle setups midscreen got castrated, then his divekicks got remade in a bad way.

I know what happened to Sektor didn't need to be done, and it was unjust, that being said, he is the best out of all triborg's as of now, and Cyrax is bottom 5, im sure he is accompanied by CSZ for sure, smoke to be determined lol. id say Sektor is mid tier but i had no problems with his rockets before patch, so i don't get why people hated on that anyways.

if kabal could be made where he wasn't broken then yes bring him in, BTW he should have his Nomad RC's in this game, since his OP ness was MK9 had no stamina which in this game serves as a Limit to how many Consecutive RC's you can do in a givin turn. will stop him from over abusing it, besides, in MK9 you could poke him out on a guess, ansd when he did the OH on MK9 it was your turn.

kabal was a pressure monster, and thats how he should be, but make no mistake he will not be any more op than Johnny or liu kang is or Jax. even though if he comes others wil;l scream that he is broken since he is the new char on the copping block.
Yeah that's why I hated Kabal in MK 9 lol his dash pressure cancel shit was annoying, required timely pokes to get out of it, and he had that lame glitch where he could hit you but you couldn't hit him lol. Cyrax god I agree, though I'd rather face Cyrax over Kabal and KL in MK 9, his reset should have been patched. Triborg they patched/nerfed too much imo, Sektor people bitched too much about the rising rockets and they just killed him lol. I still use him cause he's fun though, then Cyrax, Smoke, CS became more normalized I can see why CS since he had some unescapable set ups lol but they overdid it on him I think, but yeah Cyrax I dropped after first day/week so I really am not up to date with his current status, except that he's not nearly as bad as MK 9 Cyrax lol resets doing what 70%-100% if you do it right, there was a video on here showing it lol. But yeah I hear ya. I think out of all of them Smoke was the least effected overall, since I still see people tear it up with him who know what they're doing for sure. His 50/50 game is insanely annoying but legit lol.

Personally I think it's a toss up between Sektor and Smoke right now, though Cyrax can still be nasty(though not everyone uses him like Mustard lol)

I wouldn't give him the dash cancels in MK X but more like UMK3 Kabal personally but I doubt he'll make the cut anyway.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Ideally, I would like Shaolin Monks and KP3 for MKX. That way MKX lives along side of it.

MKF30

@ Invincible Salads: until someone found a way to exploit it, just better off not giving him dash cancels. He'd still be good without it I could almost bet lol he didn't have them in UMK3 and was a top tier lol. But if they made Fire & Ice I would possibly vote for that if it had net play, extra modes that would be tempting lol

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Ironic how the triborg players are complaining about their nerfs. Lol when they where probably on a witch hunt for tremor, Lao, Tanya, quan lol smh

MKF30

I definitely wasnt on a witch hunt for those characters, I just didn't care for those other characters to be honest lol we just wanted triborg to be solid, not nerfed to hell due to casuals crying lol

Parasurama

Dragon
I definitely wasnt on a witch hunt for those characters, I just didn't care for those other characters to be honest lol we just wanted triborg to be solid, not nerfed to hell due to casuals crying lol
Do casual mkx gamers care enough to cry about it?

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
It's ok I understand

Ps nrs nerf dvorah

MKF30

Do casual mkx gamers care enough to cry about it?
Just read the forums man after a new character comes out not just on here but every other MK site, lol and people pretty much spam their twitter with "nerf this guy!!!" lol

It's ok I understand

Ps nrs nerf dvorah
Yeah, cool. I know some people are like that they hate on another character like constantly, I don't have that much of an issue with specific characters in MK X :)

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy

that patch was horrible.

the general mentality has been:
thats how it has gone every time a DLC came out.

or a new popular character.

what the community fails to understand is, characters that are new will seem op for a small while untill everyone becomes familiar and tech is found for dealing with them.

and any character you do not use seem broke when you struggle with them.

i have seen some very good players say, a matchup was bad or spout numbers like 3/7 or 2/8 when they play them the same way over and over.

they fail to understand that, to others there character seems op because they don't understand them like a main of that character does, and the players who main them think they are garbage because they see all the openings they have with them.

instead of changing gameplay style or allowing time for them to develop true matchup numbers some players will say bad matchup immediately after a couple of sets.
CSZ and Cyrax bottom 5? You must be pretty fucking high bro.

MadeOfMetal

CSZ and Cyrax bottom 5? You must be pretty fucking high bro.
they may be mid tier, but i feel like they struggle even against the mids.

i just get annoyed of people saying Cyrax is like MK9 Cyrax and he is far from that, MK9 Rax had opne touchables that after that touch was a guaranteed death, MKX not so much, first you have to read them correctly then through out the correct bomb setup and land the correct normal to get them in that setup, and mind you they have a response to get out of it even if you set the right one.