Votes: 209 61.8%
  • MK11

Votes: 80 23.7%
  • Shaolin Monks sequel

Votes: 49 14.5%

• Total voters

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Calling it now if KP3 happens I bet we get spawn. They have the license and at this point it's between Injsutice 2 or kp3. Would be nice if nrs can move toward make kp3 and work on injustice 2 or mksm which I would love more then injustice Imo. Even a HD release would be nice with online coop!!!!!

Goat-City

Banned
Kind of torn, as I think MK has potential to be a much better fighting game and that it would require more than just simply another balance patch to get there, on that end, I'd prefer MK11. But obviously, even if MK11 is their next project, it won't be out for a few years, KP3 on the other hand is something that can be out much sooner, and it would be cool to have another KP assuming it contains no guest characters... I'd like to see Noob in it.

This got me thinking, and it's a little off-topic, but would anyone else like to see MK9 ported to current-gen consoles with MKX-level netcode improvements? They could basically just clean up the netcode and graphics to be on-par with the PC version, call it UMK9 or whatever and sell it for a reasonable price as a downloadable game. That would be something that would tide me over until MK11, and I don't imagine it'd be THAT difficult of a project for them.
It sounds like we have about the same idea. Here's what I think they should do - Make MK11 a massive expansion to MKX, basically MKX 2. Double the roster, stages (with more MK9 stages too), fatals, intros, brutalities, new story, hara kiris, and tag mode added. That way we could get a ton more balancing done and hopefully fixes to most of MKX's big problems. On top of all that, they should include an updated MK9 in it with re-done balancing, the new netcode, and maybe even graphical improvements. Probably wishful thinking but I think this would be perfect.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual

Basically I will buy KP3 no matter who's in it. But I really want
Kabal/Nightwolf. I know a lot of other people want Rain/Fujin/Noob/Sindel. I feel like 4 of these with balance fixes would complete the game so much.

Jason/L.face and Alien/Predator makes 2 themed matchups, which is more than enough guests.

KCJ506

Noob
Lol I think Ed boon trolling has finally gotten to everybody.
That doesn't make any sense. It's just a pattern that I pointed out there. So if a new game gets announced at E3 it wouldn't be a surprise.

Plus with all the upcoming DC movies, WB is likely gonna want some kind of game to advertise them.

Last edited:

virtiqaL

Noob
It sounds like we have about the same idea. Here's what I think they should do - Make MK11 a massive expansion to MKX, basically MKX 2. Double the roster, stages (with more MK9 stages too), fatals, intros, brutalities, new story, hara kiris, and tag mode added. That way we could get a ton more balancing done and hopefully fixes to most of MKX's big problems. On top of all that, they should include an updated MK9 in it with re-done balancing, the new netcode, and maybe even graphical improvements. Probably wishful thinking but I think this would be perfect.
MK11 should be it's own thing, imo. I was thinking more like... if they're going to do a KP3 and have it be the final one, they could also make an extra buck by either simultaneously releasing a 'remastered' MK9 or releasing it after KP3 in the period between that and the announcement/reveal of an MK11, whenever that is.

Basically, it would keep MK 'relevant' in the lull between MKX/KP3 and MK11. I see no reason why they couldn't do a rerelease of MK9 as they have done with the original trilogy games, and I'm sure there'd be a decent amount of interest in it, assuming the price is right. (It shouldn't be $60, obviously.)

Plus, I mean... even Injustice got a PS4 port, although it was by that awful HVS team.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
Ahhhh... Ed wants/need to bring eyes back on MKX. He should be concerned-SFV and KOF look to be the standouts this year.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
That doesn't make any sense. It's just a pattern that I pointed out there. So if a new game gets announced at E3 it wouldn't be a surprise.

Plus with all the upcoming DC movies, WB is likely gonna want some kind of game to advertise them.
You missunderstood ( or maybe I missunderstood lol), but he just tweet out asking people what they should do next, & majority of people aren't talking about his 3 options they're instead talking Injustice 2.

And on the subject of patterns, most patterns have evidence backing it up. For example tweets, teasers maybe some leak roster list from a reliable source ect, ect. . . something of that sort.

I'm not saying it ain't gonna happen but as far as we KNOW, there's no concrete evidence (that I know of at least)

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Shaolin Monks wasn't even a Midway game lmfao. NRS will just suck all of the fun out of it and turn all of those unlockables and secrets into microtransactions and DLC. The game was hella fun for the PS2 era but I have a hard time believing that NRS could have anything to do with a beat-'em-up revival in the current gen.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Shaolin Monks wasn't even a Midway game lmfao. NRS will just suck all of the fun out of it and turn all of those unlockables and secrets into microtransactions and DLC. The game was hella fun for the PS2 era but I have a hard time believing that NRS could have anything to do with a beat-'em-up revival in the current gen.
Go home, you're drunk.

BowsersDad

Low tier
I think this means Injustice 2 is locked in, but if KP3 were to come to fruition, I'd bet it'd have some fan favorites and it would please a lot of MK fans that are disappointed in MKXL's cast

Reactions: GAV