What's new

Ed Boon Q&A on Twitter

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I think the only guest I would like to see is Sylvanas from WoW. Unlike most guest characters which stick out like dogs balls, I think she would fit in to the MK feel perfectly!

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I think the only guest I would like to see is Sylvanas from WoW. Unlike most guest characters which stick out like dogs balls, I think she would fit in to the MK feel perfectly!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
My top pick for 3D Era is Ashrah... she has all the cool stuff. Neat and memorable costume with that hat thing.. cool demon story back ground that can be worked into pretty much any MK Story mode as she is a chaotic natural type of thing. I like her move set, but I think they could really do a Tremor with her and basically desinger from the ground up. As long as they keep the demon stuff, the hat and the fact she is a neutral force in MK.. I think she would be a awesome 3D era character to bring back.

who would that be for? I mean only wow players really know her and 99% of them hate her as they deep fucked her storyline in shadowlands (yes I play wow... and like its.... so what? Wana fight about it?), I mean next to that chick in Last of Us Part 2.. she could be argued to be the one of the most hated characters in gaming.

Yeah he's a comic relief character but so is Johnny Cage,
They're vastly different kinds of comic relief. Young Johnny is arrogant, sarcastic, and full of himself to hide his own insecurities and short comings. Present Johnny matured significantly, and is a different person entirely. The comic relief character has a growing up character arc.

Bo'Rai Cho, as you aptly pointed out, fats on people. And vomits. And belches. And he's far from a young, immature man.

Deception is just underrated as a game in general IMO
It's considered the strongest game of the 3D era, played it myself (the PSP version). It was clunky in terms of gameplay, with pacing issues and an uninteresting protagonist in Konquest Mode, and I generally found it to be... not a good game, honestly. Again, to each their own and I'm not knocking you for liking it, I know the era does have it's fans.

The 3D era also was no where near the commercial success that the original trilogy was. As far as I know, it's the lowest point of the franchise.

Cyber Frost was a really interesting take on the character and made her story more compelling. I don't think it was NRS' best gameplay design but it wasn't for lack of concept creativity
Frost was not a bad take on the character at all, but as I said, once you bring one of the main Cyber-ninja's back, she's redundant this way, and is also redundant with Sub-Zero perma in the roster.

I don't play Injustice so I can't comment there.

I don't play World of Warcraft but loved WarCraft III, and I agree she'd make a great guest character.

Personally, I'd take guest characters over 3D era characters any day. And I'm generally not a fan of guest characters outside of rare circumstances.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
@Juxtapose Bo' has serious plot too quit hatin' on the poor guy! You don't like the foul that's okay, I was really expecting MKX to tone that down for a slightly more serious take and was not happy when they didn't.. but the design was just too good that it grew on me

This archetype is dope

KOF Chin

Tekken Lei

And I'm going to plug a good brutality because why not

To each their own of course but that's my defense of the Drunken Master. Bo' for MK12!

Sincerely,
guy who likes Bo' Rai Cho​

@Juxtapose Bo' has serious plot too quit hatin' on the poor guy! You don't like the foul that's okay, I was really expecting MKX to tone that down for a slightly more serious take and was not happy when they didn't.. but the design was just too good that it grew on me

This archetype is dope

KOF Chin

Tekken Lei

And I'm going to plug a good brutality because why not

To each their own of course but that's my defense of the Drunken Master. Bo' for MK12!

Sincerely,
guy who likes Bo' Rai Cho​
I really, really loathe the 3D era, to me it's everything Mortal Kombat should not be, so I do rip on it hard.

For Bo' Rai Cho, I truly do think he's a crap character and I'd take Sylvanas, Commander Keen, or Shaggy over him any day.

I have no issue with a drunken master character, but only if it's done right. Bo'Rai Cho is not it. At least to me.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
in mk11 we got 12 DLC

hope they make

action pack = terminator , robocop (or rambo maybe snake plisken) , predator and alien

now they can explore a better robocop , make maybe t-1000 for terminator (arnie was t-1000 in genesis) better moveset for predator and alien and ife the custom end up been way kooler than mk11 daaaam gonna be sick

horror pack = jason , freddy , leather face , hellraier or any other avaible (it , terrifier)
game guest pack = nemesis or any hero from resident evil , pyramid head , kratos or Doom Guy and Isaac clarke from dead space

Jason with a better mk11 kustom could be dope , DoomGuy .... man kant wait , what we need to know now is the gameplay/mechanics , if gonna be a fast mk11 or a new thing

16 DLCs in a 30 mk base roster , if they support for more than 4/5 years maybe 18 DLC or 20 DLC could be possible

nobody needs the mk11 guests to return

horror icons is what they should stick with, not generic FPS shooters like doomguy

Doomguy is not iconic, lots of people never played that game, MK is a martial arts game we don't need any more gun guests in ugly looking halo suits

It's like adding the protagonist from the most recent COD game or a Gears of war character, they're shooters there's zero focus on hand to hand combat

you want to play doomguy? go play doom

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Doomguy is not iconic, lots of people never played that game, MK is a martial arts game we don't need any more gun guests in ugly looking halo suits

It's like adding the protagonist from the most recent COD game or a Gears of war character, they're shooters there's zero focus on hand to hand combat

you want to play doomguy? go play doom
I don't really fuck with Doom, but to say Doomguy isn't iconic is just flat out wrong lmao. He's the godfather of First Person Shooters. Maybe you could have argued this a few years ago, but ever since the reboot, nah, he's back on top.

There are some really sick monsters in Doom. I think Doomguy could be godlike if they made him like Jill in MvC2 where she would "summon" her enemies

... or a Gears of war character, they're shooters there's zero focus on hand to hand combat
Uh, General RAAM is a guest character in Killer Instinct, and he's terrifying. He's a grappler on crack.

I don't really fuck with Doom, but to say Doomguy isn't iconic is just flat out wrong lmao. He's the godfather of First Person Shooters. Maybe you could have argued this a few years ago, but ever since the reboot, nah, he's back on top.
^This.

If they put in Doomguy, I hope they put in Duke Nukem too.
I wonder how they'd implement some of Duke's more out there weapons like the Shrinker or the Expander.
I'd imagine as Fatalities or Brutalities.

In truth I don't expect either character to be added, but between the 2, I'd be surprised if Duke made it in. He's not the character he used to be...

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
DOOMGUY is the goat

they can make him OP , chainsaw moves , BFG fatal blow , shotgun as footsies , gatligun for zoone , some kinfe/punchs and bigboot moves too

and Duke Nukem could work as well

put kain or raziel from legacy of kain franchise ...we need a game guests pack

isaac Clark
DoomGuy
Duke Nukem
Nemesis or Leon or Wesker

maybe sell more or equal to horror pack ?