What's new

Ed Boon Q&A on Twitter

To this day MK still gets the complaint that it feels clunky. And there's been whole dissection vids on the animation of nrs games bringing more attention to it. It just feels ingrained in MK identity. You may not agree, but it gets spouted by more people. Yes it's more polished than before, but it's still a common criticism of nrs. I get not vibing with an era of a franchise (this is era I haven't been vibing with) but to make it seem like it was so egregiously offensive when they still get the same complaints decades later just seems too nitpicky lol
Absolutely it does, but it's a night and day difference from the 3D era to the modern era in terms of gameplay and feel.

It is like Star Wars.. When the prequels came out, people rightly hated them, but kids loved them. They are now adults, and you see more and more people speaking up how much they loved them. The same will happen with the new ones that everyone seems to hate. One day they will be beloved and whatever is new will be hated.

The 3D era is the same. kind of thing.

You can't argue with someone's childhood nostalgia. Different strokes to different folks and all that. When you're a young kid you like stuff and then most people like that same stuff when they are older. It is that simple. The 3D Era in MK was crap for me personally, but there are people that literally played those games constantly and grew up with it... it is "their game".. it was simply the game they played as a kid and loved as a kid.. and still love. Loving them is as legit as loving anything.
^This absolutely. And I'm sure it'll happen one day where the bulk of a roster is 3D era characters again because that'll be the primary customer base for that game. Hopefully not yet though.

Interestingly, my coordinator loves and grew up with the prequel Star Wars trilogy, and it's funny hearing him go on and on about how awesome they are.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I would kill for them to announce another game in the next few weeks. At this point I’d be fine with another Injustice. SFVI and T8 are dropping this year, which are great, and I’m almost certainly gonna pick up SFVI, but I’m much more of an MK fan. Here’s to hoping MK12 is more like MK9/MKX than MK11, though; MK11 was fine, but it was definitely my least favorite of the new trilogy.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I mostly want Vogel. Tobias wrote bits of backstory, but what Vogel did with Barrentine and Greenberg was really enhance that world.
Yes, but Tobias contributed a lot too. He was essential in building MK's identity. If he and Vogel were back that'd be amazing, a proper return to form.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
What if we get a Shaolin Monks sequel in form of MK12´s Konquest mode.
Or MK12 gets a Konquest-esque mode built in that IS a Shaolin Monks beat-em-up? Obviously not gunna happen, but I'd lose my damn mind.