What's new

Ed Boon: Confirms Kombat Pack 2 or Troll? You Decide!!

Ed Boon: KP2 Confirmed or Troll?

• Total voters

DDTECH

H8TR MKR
Oh and btw, theres a certain amount of leakage acceptable. This is what gets people talking , if you knew anything about hyping a game, youd underatand, you dont.​

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
The fourth is Li Mei. One of her variations has a command grab similar to Yun's in SF4, and a move that prevents the opponent from using meter for several seconds

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
I think its both a troll and confirmation. Hopefully we get something soon! Noob and Smoke would be dope!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I have a inside source, truely.

It is confirmed a update is coming in a few days. First release with Rain, Sindell and baracka. Guy does work for Blizzard / WB.
You spelled Rain's name wrong.
You don't know shit

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Personally, this game is lacking something for me.......NONE of my favorite MK characters made it in. Smoke, Cyrax, Sektor, Baraka, none of them. Releasing one of those characters would inspire me to play.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You know the Ambiguous setup is real when the 3rd option is winning.

What have you don Boon? LMAO!

ErMac333

Noob
Surely both, at this rate, it would be pretty stupid to not release a second Kombat Pack. The game is THE successful title of the year until now profit-wise. People are asking for a second pack and Boon keeps mentioning a possibility every now and then, imagine the disappointment if there wasn't one. Surely Boon is just taking his time until announcement to do what he likes best: trolling. LOL

Noob
Surely both, at this rate, it would be pretty stupid to not release a second Kombat Pack. The game is THE successful title of the year until now profit-wise. People are asking for a second pack and Boon keeps mentioning a possibility every now and then, imagine the disappointment if there wasn't one. Surely Boon is just taking his time until announcement to do what he likes best: trolling. LOL
Hints so far seem to go Fujins direction, which makes sense. the rest of Boons tweets dont seem to be hints for characters... so i guess given this is Boon we will see atleast 1 or 2 more hints before any real announcement is made

ErMac333

Noob
Hints so far seem to go Fujins direction, which makes sense. the rest of Boons tweets dont seem to be hints for characters... so i guess given this is Boon we will see atleast 1 or 2 more hints before any real announcement is made
I see Fujin as a certain bet right now, the most probable of the appearances in the KP2. Rain coming right after in terms of expectation in numbers. And although I recognize Sareena is only asked by a very vocal few, and occasionaly by other fans and non-fans, I think she really fits the mood right now, not to mention she's a very important member in the hook events for MK4 in pre MK1, MKMSZ. Of course her role wasn't as inclusive this time around, but not only this, her inclusion could take a great benefit of the variation system in which one could highlight her particular capabilities, while the others could contemplate Jataaka and Kia weapons since it's VERY unlikely we'll see the Brotherhood trio all in a single roster. I's also say Smoke and Noob have great chances, not a big fan of more ninjas though, specially when they're revenants and could be really much better included in the next game.

trufenix

bye felicia
I don't know, man. Liu Kang has that pseudo block infinite right now. Saying, 'Oh, just get hit by it to get out!' is stupid.
It's stupid but it still exists, as do armor and block breakers and six frame pokes. These were not options for (most of) the MK9 cast.

Noob
I see Fujin as a certain bet right now, the most probable of the appearances in the KP2. Rain coming right after in terms of expectation in numbers. And although I recognize Sareena is only asked by a very vocal few, and occasionaly by other fans and non-fans, I think she really fits the mood right now, not to mention she's a very important member in the hook events for MK4 in pre MK1, MKMSZ. Of course her role wasn't as inclusive this time around, but not only this, her inclusion could take a great benefit of the variation system in which one could highlight her particular capabilities, while the others could contemplate Jataaka and Kia weapons since it's VERY unlikely we'll see the Brotherhood trio all in a single roster. I's also say Smoke and Noob have great chances, not a big fan of more ninjas though, specially when they're revenants and could be really much better included in the next game.
Ill be honest i really dislike 2 things happening right now... 1 they are side by side following the story line of MK4, and i for one think all 3d era MKs are horrible horrible creations on all fronts so i HOPE to god they dont follow the story because 90% of the 3d era characters are straight up bad character design and bad story design...the 2nd think thats starting to get to me is that this is MK its about the MK tornament held every generation to save a realm by warriors of diferent realms from the invasion of Shao Khan or whatever other tyran is trying to take over.. and i think MK is going on a complitely off direction right now, it has nothing to do with mortal kombat, its just a bunch of "kids now" trying to be as cool as their older counterparts running around haf cocked without much of a purpose... atleast thats how i feel, just my opinion... Iconic characters complitely removed from the game just for the sake of story, replaced by really poor infantile versions of themselfs, and others killed off for no good reason other than "cool" CGI... i dunno man, really not a fan of the path this is going.. sorry going off on a bit of a rant here my bad, carry on

Noob
I'm not going to refute your opinion, but people said the exact same thing about MK9. None of it turned out to be true.
Thats perfectly fine lol, like i said its just how i feel about the MK series, i just prefer the Trilogy more than what we have right now thus my opinion

trufenix

bye felicia
Thats perfectly fine lol, like i said its just how i feel about the MK series, i just prefer the Trilogy more than what we have right now thus my opinion
I just don't understand why if the only part of the series you ever liked happened 20 years ago you're still holding out hope for some sort of revival when the new stuff is just fine for tons of fans.

Even Star Wars fans learned to just get over it or watch Dr. Who instead.

ErMac333

Noob
@14K well, I understand your point, I mean, for me though it's totally the opposite, even though I began playing from MK1 and been a fan of the franchise ever since, I find much more value on how things developed after the tournaments. I see how people get upset since the base concept of the story was revolving around a tournament which named the series, but I felt really satisfied on how things turned out after MK3, new kharacters, new plots and things that are not concerning the tournament itself, but reflects the development of the event and how the kombatants dealt with that. But at the end of the day it's all opinion, and I'd never say you're wrong because you think this way! I myself preffer that the series take a new direction now, not exactly based on the tournaments, but trying to revamp all of the lore MK built in the past 20 years, including kharacters from the 3D era, but taking the story a bit in a different direction. If you think about it, even if they decide to make everything happen side by side with MKDA/MKD in the next game, the next is probably gonna be about avoiding the Armageddon and finally having a chance to flow new waters into the series, with new villains, new returns and everything else! MKD is my favorite from the franchise, so I'm setting my expectations REALLY high for the next game, even though it doesn't follow the same steps as Deception, as long as we get a more "risky" and interesting roster, I'll be really happy about it. Let's see what's next!