What's new

Question Ed Boon asks: "WHO DO YOU THINK ARE THE TOP 5 MOST OP FIGHTERS IN MKXL?"

Who do you think are the 5 most "OP" fighters in MKXL?

• Total voters
E

Eldriken

So no one cares about wargod/sungod Kotal? I guess we're gonna hear a lot of "On your knees!" in the next few months.... If you don't nerf him at all, at least make it so he doesn't say that line over and over again lol.

And what's up with all the Ermac hate ??
Tell me what nonsense Kotal Kahn has that's similar to Alien's, Takeda's, D'Vorah's, Mileena's, Sonya's, Kano's, etc that we all seem to be overlooking.

Also, "On your knees" never gets old unless you're the one on the receiving end of it. >=D If you're getting tired of hearing it, it means the Sun God player is doing their job correctly. :p

Vick

Noob
Tell me what nonsense Kotal Kahn has that's similar to Alien's, Takeda's, D'Vorah's, Mileena's, Sonya's, Kano's, etc that we all seem to be overlooking.

Also, "On your knees" never gets old unless you're the one on the receiving end of it. >=D If you're getting tired of hearing it, it means the Sun God player is doing their job correctly. :p
That 9 frame mid and 6 frame poke is stoopid. :DOGE

Temetias

"MKX kid"

Ok, I gotta admit I might've been slightly salty from my previous set when I was typing that. But in all honesty I still think he will be the next s tier if the top tiers get nerfed. His buttons are just so good. He can stay so safe and his footsies are strong. Nothing stupidly broken but some his main strings could use a few minus frames.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
So no one cares about wargod/sungod Kotal? I guess we're gonna hear a lot of "On your knees!" in the next few months.... If you don't nerf him at all, at least make it so he doesn't say that line over and over again lol.

And what's up with all the Ermac hate ??
War God I don't think is top 5 but fine some part of the community apparently doesn't understand the mu or how dumb these other characters are lol but you're complaining about SUN GOD?? Bruh. Sorry but at this point I honestly believe you don't play this game

TheGangstaFace

Better than Jason, Jax, Kung Jin and Liu? I think it's definitely debatable (although I agree that shotgun is very strong).
Yes. Only thing she really lacks is a good wakeup but that's her only weakness. She has the potential to 1 touch kill (unlike the characters you listed) and even if she guesses wrong she's safe and she has STUPID damage and #halfscreenfootsies

TheGangstaFace

Ok, I gotta admit I might've been slightly salty from my previous set when I was typing that. But in all honesty I still think he will be the next s tier if the top tiers get nerfed. His buttons are just so good. He can stay so safe and his footsies are strong. Nothing stupidly broken but some his main strings could use a few minus frames.
I know for a fact based off what I just read you don't know the Kotal mu lol

TheGangstaFace

I don't understand the votes for ferra/torr
Safe 50/50s (yes I know the low is -7 but most of the cast isn't punishing that and you can also cancel) INSANE damage MIDSCREEN, cancels and armor on pain and gain. From what I understand F/T only weakness was being zoned but they took that weakness away with the ex low ferra toss (idk the name for it lol) lackey is good too from what I understand with safe wakeups and good damage as well with even a 6f d1. I will admit from what I've seen represented and in practice when I've just dabbled around with the character Viscious needs buffs though lol. Seems like a useless variation tbh. But you're the F/T player so you tell me

TheGangstaFace

You've replied to so many posts with the confidence of a thousand men. Tell me, what are your thoughts on the state of the game? Enlighten us.
The state of the game? I'd have to make a whole new thread for that lol. Well I gave my personal top 8 on the first or second page. I think jump ins are broken, I think hurtboxes need to be addressed *cough cough* Females *cough cough* Goro *cough cough* F/T. I agree with Brady that NRS needs to rebalance characters instead of nerfing or buffing. Uhh idk what else to say off the top of my head lol. You can ask my opinion on whatever else if you want

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
@TheGangstaFace @Eldriken Maybe you guys can enlighten me; just finished a massive set vs'ing Kotal (all variations, but mainly Sun God) and I'm gonna say now that I think he is in no way "OP"; solid footsies, but well balanced.

Anyways, basically I got mopped. Started learning the matchup the longer I went, but how the hell do you stop the B14xxChoke? I tried to armour but I'm guessing there's not a gap (if there is one it's very tight?) I know you can armour B1xxChoke, but it seemed like the only thing I could do was just block high and let myself get hit by the low so the Choke whiffed?
Sorry for the lengthy post, didn't wanna go on a rant saying "Kotal is so OP, gonna be new S+ tier" but just was curious how to deal?
Thanks.

TheGangstaFace

@TheGangstaFace @Eldriken Maybe you guys can enlighten me; just finished a massive set vs'ing Kotal (all variations, but mainly Sun God) and I'm gonna say now that I think he is in no way "OP"; solid footsies, but well balanced.

Anyways, basically I got mopped. Started learning the matchup the longer I went, but how the hell do you stop the B14xxChoke? I tried to armour but I'm guessing there's not a gap (if there is one it's very tight?) I know you can armour B1xxChoke, but it seemed like the only thing I could do was just block high and let myself get hit by the low so the Choke whiffed?
Sorry for the lengthy post, didn't wanna go on a rant saying "Kotal is so OP, gonna be new S+ tier" but just was curious how to deal?
Thanks.
B14 into choke you actually can armor or jump out or back dash lol. If you're on Xbox you can add me and I'll play the mu and teach you as we go

TheGangstaFace

Thanks.
Also for future reference any string into a command grab has a gap

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Its really interesting to see.

Around 1 out of 5 people posting their top 5s for nerfs are voting A-list but if they do vote it, its usually in the top 3.

The top top players usually don't have a-list on their nerf list at all.

I honestly thought there was a lot more discontent for a-list. Looks like the top players have good defence!

Seriously though if the nerfs do hit and A-list and Kotal remain untouched along with sonyas other variations remaining unchanged; I predict that these will be the elite three. If Bo is buffed he might join them. Making his monkey flips safe non meter burned and more mobility would make him alot better.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
B14 into choke you actually can armor or jump out or back dash lol. If you're on Xbox you can add me and I'll play the mu and teach you as we go
Sorry bro, on the PS4 :(
But thanks for the help! Guess I gotta be crispier on those armours, then maybe I'll get the player scared; he just kept doing it cause he could see I was helpless lol.

TheGangstaFace

Its really interesting to see.

Around 1 out of 5 people posting their top 5s for nerfs are voting A-list but if they do vote it, its usually in the top 3.

The top top players usaully don't have a-list on their nerf list at all.

I honestly thought there was a lot more discontent for a-list. Looks like the top players have good defence!
Like I've personally said I think Johnny is or could be top 5. But no. Top 3 to me with NO DOUBT is alien mileena and sonya
Sorry bro, on the PS4 :(
But thanks for the help! Guess I gotta be crispier on those armours, then maybe I'll get the player scared; he just kept doing it cause he could see I was helpless lol.
its all good. And just armor right after the low, you were probably doing it too early I would assume