What's new

Ed Boon & Adam Urbano @ GDC this week, "Expect even MORE news and features released this week"

RonnyRAGE

Kombatant
I'll take a demo with only the most seen characters Superman and Batman. I just really want to get my hands on something

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
well they haven't shown us Ares and Killer Frost yet. maybe they make a gameplay debut
Since they basically gave us a whole boatload of Raven and Black Adam last week, I don't think they will pull out Frost and Ares this week. Maybe a cute mention or something, but I don't see them being revealed.

Online features are a really really big deal though, so as sucky as not seeing Ares and Frost yet it'd still be pretty cool.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I definitely want to see KF gameplay, Ares I don't care much for. Would rather see a "hint" at MMH coming or something as DLC(but I guess it's too early for that)

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I want:

• Proof that online play isn't a joke.
  • Killer Frost gameplay
  • Ares gameplay
  • A pill that will keep me asleep until April 16th.
I definitely want to see KF gameplay, Ares I don't care much for. Would rather see a "hint" at MMH coming or something as DLC(but I guess it's too early for that)
Remember when Boon was all like "Martian Manhunter or Professor Zoom for DLC?" There ya go, already done. Noticed the silhouette from the season pass poster that is not like the others, but is like Martian Manhunter? There ya go, already done twice.

MKF30

I want:

• Proof that online play isn't a joke.
  • Killer Frost gameplay
  • Ares gameplay
  • A pill that will keep me asleep until April 16th.
Remember when Boon was all like "Martian Manhunter or Professor Zoom for DLC?" There ya go, already done. Noticed the silhouette from the season pass poster that is not like the others, but is like Martian Manhunter? There ya go, already done twice.
Personally, I've yet to play any game that doesn't lag(other day I was playing COD and the damn frame rates were pausing so annoying) but I do hope the online is smoother and perhap have more features, still the KOTH modes/options in MK9 was far better then other fighters with up to 8 players in a room(6 is enough for me though personally) and the option to cheer, boo etc and rate the matches while you're waiting I liked a lot.

But yeah, KF, and Ares I'm curious about and yeah I remember that. What I meant though was more so an easter egg or hint from him directly confirming it. MMH has to be in there at some point I'm sure, I want to see more KF then Ares though personally, hopefully she'll be better then Sub was in MK9 :)

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Personally, I've yet to play any game that doesn't lag(other day I was playing COD and the damn frame rates were pausing so annoying) but I do hope the online is smoother and perhap have more features, still the KOTH modes/options in MK9 was far better then other fighters with up to 8 players in a room(6 is enough for me though personally) and the option to cheer, boo etc and rate the matches while you're waiting I liked a lot.
Yeah, man. Nothing like a bunch of chads giving the best player in the room 0 points every match because he can complete combos. Gonna be really funny to start that again.

You should've played SCV online. I get maybe one in ten matches with noticeable lag. And that game had a development cycle that was rushed to hell and the company that made it started to act like it was a figment of 1.38 million imaginations within like three months after release.

If NRS can't at least match that netcode, I really doubt I'm going to give them a third chance on it. MK9's code was unacceptable in every way, just absolutely game ruining. It's 2013... good netcode on a fighter should be a total given from the start, not something you grit your teeth and cross your fingers hoping for.

(edit: and I should add that the one-in-ten laggy matches I get in SCV are totally my fault because I like to roll the dice on those guys that show up with 0 bars. Sometimes they end up being lagless, other times it's really bad. But never is it anywhere close to as shitty as MK9.)

Neclord

Kombatant
I might be the only one but, I had nearly no problems with the MK9 netcode. Out of 10 matches, 1 or 2 were laggy.

But the best netcode and online experience I had so far in a Fighting Game was definitely Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Soul Calibur V.

OllyGolly

Apprentice
We need Killer Frost gameplay at least. Give us a build that includes her and the other characters that were missing from PAX that had been confirmed for weeks (Shazam, Hawkwoman, and Sinestro)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep .... fuck you , Ed Boon king of trolls .... give me Killer Frost and Ares gameplay and trailer revelation .... all the others stuff, you can show off later, one week postponed :p

MKF30

@Vilen

While that is true, people forget one key thing..with online comes assholes in general, with or without that, still at least it's something other then twiddling your thumbs waiting in line for a half hour to play like other fighters at least...say there wasn't that option, people still act like dicks and teabag, rage quit, send you hate mail etc...list goe on. Know what I mean?

I've played SC online, that lags too...no game is perfect or lagless online. No game. There's either playable or not as far as I'm concerned, MK9 is playable but could be better. UMK3 was good online, it should be more like that. SCV may have had smoother online play but vs. everything else MK9 offers, ehh I can tell it was rushed.

I want a better netcode too, obviously but just saying that people act as if other online games are perfect or something or want perfection which will not happen. Now, if anything my grind is with Xbox more then Sony or Nintendo why? because I'm paying for it so it should be superior online...

One thing I disagree with you on though was MK9 at least for Xbox wasn't "shitty", DOA3 online was shitty...and MKA online was shitty. MK9 so long as you stick to people in your region, country should at least be playable. I'm not playing folks in Chile or Europe, screw that shit lol. That would lag regardless lol