What's new

ECTV Video Interview with EMP Tom Brady and EMP REO

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
You know how EMP Tom Brady and EMP REO rose up to the challenge and rightfully claimed the top two crowns over two-hundred other players at East Coast Throwdown V. Now, here is a chance for you to hear their thoughts out on their experiences as well as what they think of one another and Injustice. Check out this five-minute video interview session which was compiled at the ECTV venue.

Credits go to TotteryManx for bringing our attention to this gem.​

Attachments

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Respect the players. But saying you on a different level than everyone else when you only been to east coast tournaments is laughable.

Excited to see how the GGA, west coast guys do at UFGT versus them.

Also shot outs to PL for having 2 world championship titles in MK9 and not being mention lol

#inb4hewinsevoagain

Respect the players. But saying you on a different level than everyone else when you only been to east coast tournaments is laughable.

Also shot outs to PL for having 2 world championship titles in MK9 and not being mention lol

#inb4hewinsevoagain
dude.. stop your bullshit right now. I NEVER said I was on a different level, Get that BS out of here. I in no way even consider myself a top 10 player, let alone "on a different level". There are players far better than I, maybe they are on that level but I certainly am not.

Also, PL is not doubt the #1 player in 2011 and 2012 by winning EVO. HOWEVER, REO has won every tournament he attended after the 2012 season ended. In the 2013 season, NO ONE comes close to the amount of tourney wins that REO has. In 2012 PL, REO, CD jr, Detroit, Pig, Tyrant, Denzell, etc.. were winning tournaments and EVO was their final stop. It was PL that came out on top and to the victor goes the spoils. But what does 2012 or 2011 have to do with the current 2013? Just because PL hasn't competed much post EVO does not mean that NO ONES wins are valid and should be ignored.

The interviewer didn't even ask me about PL. Can PL 3-peat? YES!! But do we just crown champions now before they actually win them just because they have won them before? Obviously PL is the favorite to defend his title and rightfully so, but no one has won EVO 2013 yet. EVO 2013 will again be the final stop for the top players and all we be finally decided....

Furthermore, it is unsportsmanlike like for any champion to not compete but take issue with those who are still competing receiving praise for their success. While winning is a big prerequisite to being a champion, there is more to being a champion than just winning.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?

#inb4hewinsevoagain
Well yeah the game is new but I havent seen anyone play the game at the level that Reo and Tom brady are playing so far.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
props and major respect for both ! either Tom and Reo are among the truly pioneers for NRS fighting games competitive scene community development, so, in future , when people look back, can surely say "those both were amazing players , that contributed a lot for fighting games competitive scene grows up to the level reached today" :cool:

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Good Showing fellas. Due to the fact that you BOTH helped me out the weekend you came down our way I wasn't rooting for anyone but you both put up a hell of a fight, good shit.

REO is without a doubt the best MK9 player ever. Yes, PL did win 2 EVO's and you have to respect him for that. But lets be serious here, if REO plays Kabal last year, he no doubt wins EVO. @CDjr took 2nd place with Kabal and his Kabal is trash compared to REO's. I still will never, ever, ever, ever understand why REO didn't play Kabal at Evo last year. If he had, he would have for sure won the tournament. PL cannot beat REO's kabal.

randyth

Noob
Tom Brady is right. You cannot ignore the dominant force that Reo has been in the last period.
He won all MK9 tournaments he entered and even won the MK grandslam (MK2, UMK3 etc).
Looking back at the last period he is the best MK9 player of 2013.

What we have here is again the classic case of the peoples champion versus the world champion.
And we now what happened last time this situation occured :

The last man standing turned out to be PL...again.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
dude.. stop your bullshit right now. I NEVER said I was on a different level, Get that BS out of here. I in no way even consider myself a top 10 player, let alone "on a different level". There are players far better than I, maybe they are on that level but I certainly am not.
Yo -- I think he was talking about REO and what he said. In my opinion REO is by far the best player ever to touch MK9, and no one else even comes close. However, saying that about IGAU does paint a target on his back and it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Either way, this promises to be an exciting year.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
REO is without a doubt the best MK9 player ever. Yes, PL did win 2 EVO's and you have to respect him for that. But lets be serious here, if REO plays Kabal last year, he no doubt wins EVO. @CDjr took 2nd place with Kabal and his Kabal is trash compared to REO's. I still will never, ever, ever, ever understand why REO didn't play Kabal at Evo last year. If he had, he would have for sure won the tournament. PL cannot beat REO's kabal.
1 certain englishman discouraged his Kabal.

coolwhip

Noob
This is one of those myths that people kept repeating so much that the real truth ended up getting completely forgotten. REO picked Kabal in the first match against PL, lost, then went to Lao. Good grief, the amount of times I've had to make this post. REO is indeed the best MK player ever in my mind, but the "if he had picked Kabal, he would have won EVO" talk ignores the fact that he actually DID pick Kabal, lost and switched to Lao. As to why he went only Lao against Foxy, it's because Foxy beat his Kabal in the exhibition the previous day.

Anyway, here's a video of PL vs. REO, where you can see PL beating REO's Kabal.

coolwhip

Noob
Yo -- I think he was talking about REO and what he said. In my opinion REO is by far the best player ever to touch MK9, and no one else even comes close. However, saying that about IGAU does paint a target on his back and it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Either way, this promises to be an exciting year.
I'm guessing the guy who twice beat him in the biggest tournament of them all comes close.

jimzam

Noob
didnt reo state he was going to evo as a 50% kung lao and 50% kabal main months before evo? it was in the ceo interview with vvv when he beat jr with kenshi. imo that was reos biggest mistake. he should of went as 100% kabal only main cause it could have been different