What's new

ECTV Video Interview with EMP Tom Brady and EMP REO

coolwhip

Noob
So that's 2 tournaments, to how many? :) What's REO's ratio of MK9 tournaments entered/tournaments won?
That smiley would have been far wittier had the "2 tournaments" you're talking about not been, you know, EVO. I also said he comes close, not that he's better (in the post just above I call REO the greatest MK player ever).

But we all know you're unbiased when it comes to PL and Brady :)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
But we all know you're unbiased when it comes to PL and Brady :)
Despite all the hype, I'm cool with both of them. But REO's record speaks for itself; nothing more really needs to be said. No one has even come close to being that dominant in tournaments in this game.

It will take other people several years to equal REO's win total from a year's worth of time. And no one other than him is winning that percentage of the tournaments they enter.

This is one of those myths that people kept repeating so much that the real truth ended up getting completely forgotten. REO picked Kabal in the first match against PL, lost, then went to Lao. Good grief, the amount of times I've had to make this post. REO is indeed the best MK player ever in my mind, but the "if he had picked Kabal, he would have won EVO" talk ignores the fact that he actually DID pick Kabal, lost and switched to Lao. As to why he went only Lao against Foxy, it's because Foxy beat his Kabal in the exhibition the previous day.

Anyway, here's a video of PL vs. REO, where you can see PL beating REO's Kabal.

Yeah man, I know. I watched EVO last year. Seriously though, how bad of a choke was that in the 2nd round against PL? He had that first game won and then just chokes away the 2nd round and then basically doesn't do anything in the 3rd round. Something was off with him in that match. Then instead of sticking with Kabal, he goes to Lao? Makes no sense. Either way, PL won the match, but Reo is definitely better.