What's new

ECT 2019 Jade Matches

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Wow! I never thought he was that serious about playing her!
He is, he is mainly focusing on using Jade- Jaded and Johnny- OutTake(Which he calls the new Cassie with free spacing and turn steals)

SonicFox(Johnny) vs Scar(Lao/Sonya)

SonicFox (Jade) vs Kombat(Baraka)

He believes Jaded is very strong and plans on using her in tournament with OutTake-Johnny.

I think he may be dabbling with Nightwolf, Jax and Terminator as well.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Just confirmed it. Sonic is using Jaded in this tournament. Just seen has m make it out of pools with her.
What I mean is he's making it a point to bring commonly low-interest characters to tournaments and show off his skill by playing characters that are below the point of balance lately.

DeftMonk

Noob
What I mean is he's making it a point to bring commonly low-interest characters to tournaments and show off his skill by playing characters that are below the point of balance lately.
uh what. He isn't going to play with a character he believes is a turd to show how good he is. He thinks something about jade is good and fits his playstyle. The downplay doesn't need to be in full throttle at all times homie.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
uh what. He isn't going to play with a character he believes is a turd to show how good he is. He thinks something about jade is good and fits his playstyle. The downplay doesn't need to be in full throttle at all times homie.
Or you can just accept that someone thinks differently than you do. I know it's not fashionable on this forum.
He said it himself on his stream: he thinks Jade takes a lot of work to win with and she's not amazing but he enjoys the mindgames with Jaded.
He could just pick top tier and faceroll everyone without a challenge.
Let's not start arguing about this horseshit now, I don't want to convince you and you can't convince me otherwise.

LawAbidingCitizen

Or you can just accept that someone thinks differently than you do. I know it's not fashionable on this forum.
He said it himself on his stream: he thinks Jade takes a lot of work to win with and she's not amazing but he enjoys the mindgames with Jaded.
He could just pick top tier and faceroll everyone without a challenge.
Let's not start arguing about this horseshit now, I don't want to convince you and you can't convince me otherwise.
I've watched his streams and he is now saying jaded is broke and has been doing well vs big names.
But I think he is more interested in Johnny V3 because its very similar to Cassie Prepatch. Free spacing, good range, good footsie, auto Shimmy, free get out if jail card with rising star(just like glow kick prepatch)

But jaded fits his playstyle well, he can steal turns and keep constant pressure and plenty of plus frames to initiate respect from conditions and can make every button safe with pole vault not to mention +3 jails off B343/F2/B2/F3

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I've watched his streams and he is now saying jaded is broke and has been doing well vs big names.
But I think he is more interested in Johnny V3 because its very similar to Cassie Prepatch. Free spacing, good range, good footsie, auto Shimmy, free get out if jail card with rising star(just like glow kick prepatch)

But jaded fits his playstyle well, he can steal turns and keep constant pressure and plenty of plus frames to initiate respect from conditions and can make every button safe with pole vault not to mention +3 jails off B343/F2/B2/F3
If anyone can make the trainwreck that Jade is, work, it's SonicFox.

He never said Jaded was broke, not seriously, at least.

DeftMonk

Noob
Imo watching him play with her was super hype. That call to blow up the flawless block u2 was nuts. She has lots of tools and he’s utilizing everything. On the whole pools have been super exciting save some nervous combo drops here and there.
Glortor bro, this man is making money playing this game. If he really could face roll with some other character of course he’s going to do that don’t be silly. To assume a pro knowingly handicaps himself to make the game interesting is a bit silly imo. Sonic does have talent in seeing potential in lesser used characters as we saw in inj2, but that doesn’t mean he’s intentionally picking Mr. Satan to fight Goku for the lolz.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
It's cool seeing Jade played as a fan of her's. Man Sonic Fox is a good player, but I've said this 100,000 times. Y'all have got to stop letting Sonic Fox dictate the game's meta & validate how good/bad a character is or other players for that matter. I know that it's hard to go against him because he's a strong player, but that doesn't mean that you always have to agree with him. Nor does it mean that he's always right.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
It's cool seeing Jade played as a fan of her's. Man Sonic Fox is a good player, but I've said this 100,000 times. Y'all have got to stop letting Sonic Fox dictate the game's meta & validate how good/bad a character is or other players for that matter. I know that it's hard to go against him because he's a strong player, but that doesn't mean that you always have to agree with him.
^This @DeftMonk

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
This doesn't take away from the fact that I think Jade is under utilized though. It's just each time a character is brought out, it's only because of him & then everyone credits him because he used the said characters when others have felt that way long before he picked them up. I said before Jade even though not top 10 she's overlooked. She's just a 1 dimensional character. Point is that it shouldn't take like 1 or 2, or 1 small circle to validate how good a character is. Do your research & use your own judgement too.

Last edited:
Sonic fox is arguably the best fighter game player EVER. If any one can make Jade "work" it would be him. His talent and skill is unmatched. Very curious to see IF he uses Jade in other high level tournaments when its crunch time.........or will he switch to another character. I don't think any amount of validation from sonic fox will get other players to play Jade....certainly not regular every day players. She is bottom 5.........She has some great tools but she has to work twice as hard or more to get the win. If any one can do it though it's sonic.

LawAbidingCitizen

If anyone can make the trainwreck that Jade is, work, it's SonicFox.

He never said Jaded was broke, not seriously, at least.
Sadly I think he is being serious. I don't think she is broke, there are many things wrong with her but in that variation there is some things going for her that can be strong.
What he is saying is her D4 is free spacing and the +3 is free respect/turns once conditioned.
To Sonic this translates to Broke

I don't think she is top tier or broke. just decent in that variation with some strong tools.

But I don't think Sonic is using her to prove anything. From what I know about Sonic, he only uses characters he thinks has strong tools that he can exploit.
Cassie, Jax, Nightwolf, D'Vorah, and now Jaded for the pressure and range.

I'm willing to bet Sonic uses Johnny way more than Jade. I don't think Jade does the best vs the entire cast so he is gonna be picking Outtake JC the majority. He says Outtake is Top 3. He is literally calling Johnny the new Cassie since he got her Glow kick right when she lost it and he has a good D4 for spacing and amazing Footsie not to mention 9f mid forceballs.

I don't think everyone should automatically agree with Sonic on everything but he does see potential in characters before others. Remember when he said Kotal and Shao was good and can play the meta just fine in the first month? Everyone said Shao, Kotal where garbage. He did FT10's with top players beating them using those characters B4 patches. Then VideoGamezYo comes along with Shao making 4th only using Jax for a couple MU's.
Furious Pillow & Azeez as well as Quark all made top 16's using Kotal when he was bottom tier on every list.
Sonic also labbed up stuff I never seen the other top players use long before we see others use it in majors. Then Everyone criticized sonics TL and then he showed them new tech and all of a sudden Deoxys and others came out with Tier Lists deathly close to Sonics.
He clearly understands the game better than most.
But he has made wild claims before and is generally hyperbole about everything so its hard to tell when he is right and wrong. And many just write his word in gold Tablets.

I take his opinions seriously but always test it for myself and get several other high level players opinions before I believe it fully.

Last edited:

DeftMonk

Noob
I’m confused as to why I’m tagged. I never said sonic said jade is op so surely she is... I just said chill with the downplay. You seem to think sonic has some mission to bring justice to characters that are hot garbage and he’s the only man who can accomplish said mission. He thinks jade is good and compliments his play style. He isn’t an idiot and this isn’t a movie.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I’m confused as to why I’m tagged. I never said sonic said jade is op so surely she is... I just said chill with the downplay. You seem to think sonic has some mission to bring justice to characters that are hot garbage and he’s the only man who can accomplish said mission. He thinks jade is good and compliments his play style. He isn’t an idiot and this isn’t a movie.
Because you act like Jade is amazing just because SonicFox plays her, while my labwork, hours played and understanding of the character is invalid.
I tagged you because what JDE says is true.
SonicFox playing a character doesn't make that character good or bad.
He's the best there is and he'll play whoever he wants, and he took D'Vorah to grand finals which speaks volumes of how he's handling his choice of character lately. He also said Sub-Zero is bottom tier and then went and wrecked faces with him in exhib matches.