What's new

Echo Fox | SonicFox takes Mortal Kombat X @ Kumite in Tennessee 2017

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
DEYNC CONTROLLERS BEFORE MATCH.

Literally nothing more to be done or said here.
Is it though?

I mean, yeah.. they should have desynced... but we are not talking about a accidental re-syncing error here are we?

We are talking about a player stopping a match, taking over the screen and basically rebooting the PS4... that isn't an accident.

Surely some blame must land on that person.. in the same way if I get robbed and had my door unlocked I might be an idiot.. but I wasn't the one robbing.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No disrespect to any player, but after watching every single player play their first set in top 8, I stopped watching, knew they were just fighting for 2nd place. SonicFox is just on another level, he knows it, we all know it.

#PackItUp

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Doesn't every tourney make it the fault of the person that paused or failed to desync their controller?

Evo rules:
- DualShock4 players that don’t unpair their controller right after the match, are subject to disqualification.

Combo Breaker rules:
- You are responsible for your controller and its functionality. If your controller is wireless and syncs to one of our systems it will be confiscated. There is a zero tolerance policy at Combo Breaker for controller’s that can pause another competitor’s match. If you are found to be using a wireless controller you will be disqualified from the tournament and have your controller confiscated until the end of the event.

There should be a check in place, but blaming the players while completely overlooking the 3rd party that intentionally screwed with the match in progress is a bit surreal.

I doubt anything happens to the offender.
It's impossible to completely desync your controller from a PS4 yourself, it has to be done with a different controller. That's why it's 100% the responsibility of the players next in line to desync previous controllers.

The fault is 100% on xinok and semiij for that imo. We've been doing this for 2 years now. No excuses.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
The fault is 100% on xinok and semiij for that imo. We've been doing this for 2 years now. No excuses.
the guy physically put the PS4 into standby mode. It wasn't some accidental clicking of the button as the control was put into his bag or something. He physically used the controller to basically turn off the game station.

Sure, they should have de-synced.. but this is like saying a girl that gets raped is at fault because she was wearing a short dress.

I mean.. he basically rebooted the ps4? How is no one mad at him and putting all the blame on the players.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
the guy physically put the PS4 into standby mode. It wasn't some accidental clicking of the button as the control was put into his bag or something. He physically used the controller to basically turn off the game station.

Sure, they should have de-synced.. but this is like saying a girl that gets raped is at fault because she was wearing a short dress.

I mean.. he basically rebooted the ps4? How is no one mad at him and putting all the blame on the players.
You're comparing desyncing a controller to rape... I'm out.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
All the people saying "nothing to talk about! Should have de synced" imo are completely wrong.. Even though yes they should have desynced, they still need to find the culprit.

It's like saying when a drunk driver hits someone and that someone dies. "Ohhh he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, he knew he should have worn his seatbelt. Nothing else to talk about here"

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
All the people saying "nothing to talk about! Should have de synced" imo are completely wrong.. Even though yes they should have desynced, they still need to find the culprit.

It's like saying when a drunk driver hits someone and that someone dies. "Ohhh he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, he knew he should have worn his seatbelt. Nothing else to talk about here"
And you're comparing desyncing a controller to death. Yeah... TYM please.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm

This is fucking stupid. Can we ban this asshole already?

TheGoldenJew

PSN: The_Golden_Jew1

Literally came back on TYM to call u a fucking moron...can't fix stupid... now ban me for life TYM

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
From what I remember Raptor punished the oh slashes because the Lord of neutral game actually whiffed some of them.

Seriously though, let's not start another Tweedy discussion. You know where I can find the match?

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword

Why are you comparing the situation to rape?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Ehh ignoring these crazy comparisons that TYM is making I actually think something like that innocent needed to happen!

I know it's extreme but nobody really does it, we need a scare like that.

I'm not given props to the man who did it, if they find him ban him.

But now it should be forced on to players to fucking desynchronise their pad lol

I almost got banned from a tourney for this when it wasn't my fault so I got a bit of a bone with this issue

Edit: I've heard it was an accident and fully believe it so a ban it's not necessary, but does not mean this could not lead to a malicious to turn of events one day

Last edited: