What's new

Guide - Cryomancer easy online combos

You all know how online with lag likes to drop your fancy huge tight combo strings. This strategy/guide is to give some cryomancer fans some combos that can be varied enough to provide a guessing game for your opponent, strong enough to do worthwhile damage, and easy enough to reliably pull off online. As such a few i suggest if your having trouble to take out a move here or there and make it even easier.

Midscreen Meterless Overhead
B+2>run>F+4,2,grab 31% hard to get much easier then this for the damage, meterless overhead

Midscreen 1 Meter Low>Overhead mixup
B+3,3>EXhammer>NJP>F+4,2,grab 32% a nice mixup for a meter. sadly B+3,3 isnt combo-able with iceball midfield, but iceball also tends to lower damage a lot too. NOTE: You can turn this into a really mean mixup with a cross jump overhead punch. turning it into the first 3 strings into overhead>low>overhead

Midscreen 1 Meter Overhead
B+2>(run up)>B+1,2~EX Hammer>F+4,2,grab 41% Hows that for damage? The input for "(run up)>B+1,2" is a bit tricky but its not lag related so so long as you get that part down you can pull this off with ease.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corner Overhead No Meter

B+2>B+2>F+4,2,grab 37%

Fail-Safe Corner Overhead No Meter
B+2>F+4,2,grab 31% It literally cannot get easier than this folks.

Fail-Safe Corner Overhead No Meter v2
B+2>B+2>grab 27% This move is for if your having real trouble with a online match, its about impossible to not land.

Corner Low No Meter
B+3,3>iceball>backdash>JIP>B+2>B+2>F+4,2,grab 37% if some has trouble with it you can drop a single B+2 to make it even easier. obviously you lose a little damage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fastest Punish
1,1>iceball>NJP>B+2>run>F+4,2,grab 25% quarter of a life bar on the fastest punish sub has and its not very hard to pull off. take out NJP if you want to make it even easier

Fast Punish But More Reach and Damage
B+1,2>iceball>NJP>B+2>run>F+4,2,grab 31% 1/3 of a life bar on the second fastest punish that has better reach. again take out NJP if you want to make it easier, i think you only lose 1%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fake Out "Whiff" Combo with Reach
F+1,2,2> B+1,2> iceball> F+4,2,grab 27% if you whiff the first hit.

Wake-UP BnB Combo
EX Hammerr>B+2>(run up)>F+4,2,grab 33%

Last edited:
thanks! if anyone else finds easy combos or fun whif strats post em here. this is jsut what ive found from 2-3 days of messing around in free time.

This should be a sticky. Online combos always are a bit different than the offlines
i dont know about sticky, up to the people here im a noob. But while some players can do the insane combos online thru lag (how i simply do not know) i cannot. and i think many people cannot. so its best to find the combos that "work" that are reliable.

the timing on these combos i listed are simple enough that lag wont affect it, its something you learn thru muscle memory and dont look at onscreen ques for.

edit: i actually started out looking at all those insane combos and trying to perfect them only to realize the futility of it when it comes to online. hence this post after my realization that i was looking at it wrong.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Those are the usual and quite simple meterless combos for Cryomancer that I do in the corner in online, when I feel that there's input delay. They are pretty easy and even if it lags they work most of the time.

Now in this video I both times missed 1 extra hit on low starters because of the lag, but generally u can get easy 29-31% meterless out of these if you do low (B33) startup. With mid startup (B12) you can get even extra % more dmg. Those are basic combos for corner pressure.

usual doesnt necessarily mean known tho. im sure there are people on these boards that are not crazy good/inventive players.

ive seen that video before. they seem more universal then cryomancer tho. no swords, no F+4,2,grab.

especially in the corner i think its best to do F+4,2,grab. rarely are there times to use something else imo. unless your pushing for that corner hard.

good stuff tho!

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I think there's F-42 grab in that video, m8. But yeah, it's missing ice sword string. However IIRC sword string won't help that much dmg-wise in the corner.

However in the mid with Cryo an easy combo for starters is B12-iceball, F122, then F42 grab for like 29%? You can also do more if you do Jump In puch before F122

in my testing in the lab the AI could block in between B12 and iceball unless i was in the corner. i may have to revisit it and see. tho atm im watching some stargate episodes heh.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
in my testing in the lab the AI could block in between B12 and iceball unless i was in the corner. i may have to revisit it and see. tho atm im watching some stargate episodes heh.
It can't be. B12-Iceball is unblockable. B33-iceball is blockable in mid (not in corner). You got something wrong m8 :)

It can't be. B12-Iceball is unblockable. B33-iceball is blockable in mid (not in corner). You got something wrong m8 :)
i knew B+3,3 was

glad im wrong truthfully, but i do remember a punch string cancellable.

but ill be honest, ive spent nearly the entire day just mashing out combos to get timings down perfectly...i could easily have missed something or remembered something wrong!

the main reason i like my combo strings is that they are overheads/lows and mixups that can lead to decently damaging combos. a simple 11 or B+1,2 wasnt good enough for me.

when im doing it right online, and i guess right (or opponent wrong) its pretty rediculous lol. i freaking LOVE the F+4,2,grab for its damage and properties. as cryomancer i cant think of a reason not to end a combo with it.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I agree. F42 grab (u might want to fix it because u wrote it F32 in description) + grab is great for it's dmg, but most importantly because it leaves opponent stunned/standing instead of knocking him down to create him a possibility for wakeup attack.

I agree. F42 grab (u might want to fix it because u wrote it F32 in description) + grab is great for it's dmg, but most importantly because it leaves opponent stunned/standing instead of knocking him down to create him a possibility for wakeup attack.
this just proves how tired i was when i wrote this lol.

but yes, its great. for the reasons you said.

Dranir

Noob
I finally figured out why my combos didn't end up so well in online play. It seems that I lack dexterity with my thumbs :) and so I started training them. I just press b,f,b,f,b,f d,f,d,f,d,f,d,f d,b,d,b,d,b,d,b and so on for good minutes, till it hurts LOL . As a Cyromancer Sub-Zero I had hard time with B,1,2-Iceball or hammer. Now it seems to start get better :)

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Yeah, same here. For some reason B12-Iceball didn't worked for me as it should. I mostly ended up just with B12 and iceball just didn't came out. U need to practise it a lot.

Dranir

Noob
yes indeed, but the f42+ grab is kinda hard to do as the opponent is amost near the floor. I usualy do with just one B2.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Maaaaann is there a thread exactly like this for Grandmaster with the optimal detailed situational combos, etc?Haha.I play a little Cryomancer too but GM has been my fave so far, would be nice

It should noted in the OP that while B2, B2 is super easy to land on a standing opponent, it's a lot tighter on a crouching one because the first B2 bounces them lower.

most of these combos are pretty adjustable, its why i say if you have trouble with a part of it still, and you dont want to spend your time online "whiffing" trying to get it right. drop a input. makes it even easier you just wont do as much.

It should noted in the OP that while B2, B2 is super easy to land on a standing opponent, it's a lot tighter on a crouching one because the first B2 bounces them lower.
I must say, i found the timing to be the same. are you 100% sure? just to doublecheck i went back into training (i know its not online) and the bounce seemed the same, my input timing seemed the same.

I must say, i found the timing to be the same. are you 100% sure? just to doublecheck i went back into training (i know its not online) and the bounce seemed the same, my input timing seemed the same.
Hm, now I'm not sure. I'm at work so I can't check atm, but I was specifically using Mileena as the training dummy, and was positive at the time that B2 bounced her different heights from stand and crouch.

Hm, now I'm not sure. I'm at work so I can't check atm, but I was specifically using Mileena as the training dummy, and was positive at the time that B2 bounced her different heights from stand and crouch.
when i get time ill test with mileena and another female character.

damn the wonky hitboxes. i know other fighters do it, but i dont see it adding a lot of depth to the game. more like annoyance.