What's new

East Coast Throwdown 2015 MKX Viewers Guide! (Guide, Hype & Updates!)

WATCHD0G

Noob
i don't normally jump to conclusions but i wouldn't be surprised if fox takes it again. seeing the future is boring :(

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Playlist for KN for the event.

I will make a statement about scheduling and tournaments in general.

Yes I know that some tournaments go without a hitch, but even the biggest, with the highest budgets have issues. I would love to see people stop complaining or accusing others of not knowing what they are doing, if you think these guys don't "you are big fool." Offering obvious advice is pointless and maybe start offering to help. ECT has been run fine in the past, it has had issues in the past. Some of the problem is the scope of events are starting to exceed normal boundaries for a 2 day event, which is why some are becoming almost officially 3 day events. (late starting Friday night)

Originally, I wasn't going to be streaming anything but it was decided last minute that I would be, which was absolutely necessary as we can see. This caused an issue with the stream schedules, but also, there were many games that needed to be streamed for business reasons. There are only so many hours in the day to get things done. When you have games that are paid for and need to be shown, you either need more streams, or need to cut down time for others. Things are at that cusp.

As for the stream starting late, Deadly Bison was on, not sure if maybe he was closest to the hub for the internet, but the reason why we didn't come until 2PM was because the ethernet cable they had was a bit short so they had to send someone out to find an ethernet coupler, something I normally have in my bag of tricks but I probably loaned one at an event at some point and forgot to get another. But then Sunday Deadly Bison had to leave early form what I was told, which is an unexpected issue, things I bring up all the time but some refuse to believe. This caused more strain on the stream schedule.

But anyway, I would like to say that the stream was quite successful with no downtime so far as I know once it got running (10 and 11 hour runs over the two days) and MKX hit I believe 5600 viewers at one point, which is an all time high for KN. Considering we only stream maybe once a month, that's pretty crazy!

Thank you all for attending, watching, and helping out.

One more thing. Someone picked up one of our PS4s and someone else took the controller for it. Anyone who found a PS4 during cleanup and took a PS4 controller without asking, please fess up. If it was a staff error, please review the profiles on the system as the PS4 that is missing was Rapzilla's.