What's new

EAST COAST THROWDOWN 2 (ECT2) - RUN IT BACK - May 22 - 23 2010 - SSFIV!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ok, it's time to start taking inventory of who's really going.

Tim, can you confirm?

I can already confirm from our area:
Shock
Summoning
Dark Rob
AC1984
SweetJohnnyCage
LI Joe

Reo, where are you?
Aure, where are you?

I know that Storms mentioned he wants to come saturday night... Storms, confirmation?
oh i am confirmed :D

Interesting. Very interesting.

My ride situation is hurting, since i cant drive. However, train to morristown works... however from there, i wouldnt know how i would get to the ballroom.

and is the hotel neccesary? Id rather just take the train back there the next day.

Please, any information would be helpful, because i really would like to see you guys finally.

Give me a day or 2 to get situated before i can confirm. Thankfully this starts right before summer semester at my college, so its looking good. My bday is on the 1st as well. Please get back to me on the above information. Any ride helps would be greatly appreciated.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I am going!

I plan to arrive Sat. evening, spend the night and then meet up with everyone. :)

I'm excited. :D

Id like to thank Phil for giving me a call yesterday. We talked for a good hour or so. Guy is the same great man as you see on the forums. He was really helpful in me understanding everything and just the amount of respect this guy shows is unbelievable. Really looking forward to meeting him and all of you.

So yes, i am going. Morristown is only 45 minutes from me. I do believe i will be getting a ride back home at night, and there as well (Next day too). If not, then i can just take the train as mentioned and crash at the hotel. Not a problem.

Once again, id like to thank Phil for calling me and helping me out etc. We definitly need to meet up and chill for some casuals or on MAME as well.

JagoMIH

Noob
check what games you gonna be playing? i didnt see mka/mkdc on the list...woulda been awesome to see you playin it :(

you playing umk3 or anything or just watching or what its cool that you can go btw

check what games you gonna be playing? i didnt see mka/mkdc on the list...woulda been awesome to see you playin it :(

you playing umk3 or anything or just watching or what its cool that you can go btw
UMK only. Im looking to set up some matches on MAME prior since i havent played UMK since Shock on ZSNES a few years back. Yes i got Shock to play the SNES version lol.

I will bring my PS3 to play MKDC with storms and anyone who wants. I have a laptop i can bring too, so i can find a capture device for it in 2 weeks, then i will record it.

If you plan on playing some MKDC, then let me know so that i dont waste my time bringing it.

As for MKA, i have my WII i could bring if anyones interested. I have a ps2 converter for the wii, so you wont have to use a GC pad. Add MKDA on top of that too, although i dont know if my disc will even play at this point. I gotta check.

Yup, you know ive been trying to go to one since i visited NJ 2 years back. It means a lot to me to relive some of my arcade days.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
UMK only. Im looking to set up some matches on MAME prior since i havent played UMK since Shock on ZSNES a few years back. Yes i got Shock to play the SNES version lol.

I will bring my PS3 to play MKDC with storms and anyone who wants. I have a laptop i can bring too, so i can find a capture device for it in 2 weeks, then i will record it.

If you plan on playing some MKDC, then let me know so that i dont waste my time bringing it.

As for MKA, i have my WII i could bring if anyones interested. I have a ps2 converter for the wii, so you wont have to use a GC pad. Add MKDA on top of that too, although i dont know if my disc will even play at this point. I gotta check.

Yup, you know ive been trying to go to one since i visited NJ 2 years back. It means a lot to me to relive some of my arcade days.
Fuck yes, bro. :D

Also, i plan to bring a camera and take lots of pics. :D

Ok, it's time to start taking inventory of who's really going.

Tim, can you confirm?

I can already confirm from our area:
Shock
Summoning
Dark Rob
AC1984
SweetJohnnyCage
LI Joe

Reo, where are you?
Aure, where are you?

I know that Storms mentioned he wants to come saturday night... Storms, confirmation?
Confirmed! :)

RoGE

Noob
Check, would MKA for the Wii be the best version to play since it takes out a lot of glitches?

I guess so, Roge. They didnt fix much. Its been a while since i even thought about the game, so its hard to remember exactly what they fixed. I know they tried fixing Jades throw infinite, only for their fix not to have worked lol. I still find that hilarious. You can roll out of it now, but after you roll you still get thrown again. lol... Only problem is that Jades walking speed is too slow for you to walk up again, and khameleons walking speed is not. So really only Khameleon has the infinite. Wakeup 2 is redundantly stupid... Damage scale is huge off that and it comes so often on missed combos and whatnot. It really makes the gameplay dull... For that reason alone i would say ps2 is the best version....

let me find my thread on MKO where i talk about MKA WII

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=111375

And heres a list of things i found in that thread.

1) Khameleons Throw is Jade's Infinite Throw. In fact they tried to fix it, But its still a infinite. Throw Walk up Throw, Repeat.

After you roll out, it doesnt let you backdash immediatly to avoid the throw because of the way you are facing after it is done. it forces you to stand up for about 1 second. You cannot wakeup, You can only QR, which still leads into the free throw if im not mistaken because of the way it makes you stand afterwards like i just mentioned. Still a Inf. They tried,but failed miserably.

2) *Glitches*

Free Throws - Still in
Air Cancels - Still in
Parry Cancels - Still in
Standard Air to Ground Combos / OTGS / 33 - Still in
Player 2 Glitch - Still in
Wall OTGS - Still in
Impale Glitch - Still in

Haviks Free Throw Infinite - Gone
Hotarus Free Throw Infinite - Gone
Tai Chi 33 Infinite - Gone
BRC's 24 Infinite - Gone
Jades Teleport Infinite - Gone
Kitana's Infinite from MKD - Gone

Meats Throw Infinite - Still In, and much easier to perform
Khameleon's Throw Infinite - Still in. but not jades.
Corner Only Relauncher Air Infinite (111 or 332 ) - Still In
SS Throw - Still In
Meats Free Throw in Wrestling (222) - Still In
Kabal 3 in Sun Bin Free Hit Into Dash - Still In
Sonya 4 in TKD Free Hit Infinite - Still In
Raiden 44 in Staff Free Hit Infinite - Still In
Ermac 1 in Choy Free Hit Infintie - Still In
Jumpkick Combos - Still In
MOB - Still Broke

3) KAK - air specials ( found by mr s ) are gone and all infinites are still in.

4) Quan Chi's Weapon Steal has different properties now:

first off, the infinite dial a combos i found a year ago are gone. the ones that doohoo found recently are gone. ( which dont work on the ps2 anyway )

what happens now is after you lose your weapon, all you gotta do to get it back is do your cs combo. ( example sub 113cs ) then you get your weapon back.

however, this is the weird part: once you do your cs combo/get your weapon back, you're stuck in weapon for the rest of the match unless quan chi steals it, then you can get your first stance back, and the process is repeated to get the weapon back, etc

fuckin weird..

Noob
Check, it's AWESOME that you're gonna go! It's gonna be great to meet you and I'm really looking forward to it. We will figure out something regarding rooming so you don't have to go home and come back.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Tomorrow I'd like to plan on making arrangements on getting a room awhile. It's already close enough... I don't wanna wait till the last minute.

Check, it's AWESOME that you're gonna go! It's gonna be great to meet you and I'm really looking forward to it. We will figure out something regarding rooming so you don't have to go home and come back.
Phil, i have a ride there and back both days. But i understand that everyones gonna wanna hang out after the tourny.

If the opportunity presents itself (with notice of course so i can tell my ride) then i will stay.

crystalcage

Top Contributor
From: http://classicmk.com/index.php?topic=946.msg28787;boardseen#new

Tentative Sunday stream schedule (Saturday will be SSFIV all day, singles then teams)

Sunday

UMK3 Top 8 - 10:30am - 11:30am

3rd Strike Top 4 - 11:45am - 12:30pm

Guilty Gear Top 4 - 12:45pm - 1:30pm

TvC Top 4 - 1:45pm - 2:30pm

Melty Blood Top 4 - 2:45pm - 3:30pm

Marvel vs Capcom 2 Top 4 - 3:45pm - 4:30pm

STHDR Top 4 - 4:45pm - 5:30pm

Tekken 6 Top 4 - 5:45pm - 6:30pm

Super 4 Top 8 - 7:00pm - Close

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
damn... i just GPS'd the hotel, 3.5 hrs.

Oh well. Just means I won't get there till a little later.

Noob
believe it or not:

ok... after some really tiresome work... we finally have the official East Coast Throwdown 2 UMK3 results!

1: LI Joe
2: AC1984
3: Shock
4: summ0ning
5: Ghaleon
5: Comeback
7: 9.95
7: Kona
9: Dark Rob
9: BlueNine
9: Kazi
9: Tim Static