What's new

Tech Easily Adding 12%, 18%, or More + Set-Ups

GGA Max

Yea tried 22, doesn't seem to be forgiving enough on the timing. (edit) just read the b1, working for me now.

b2,1 is viable midscreen, pretty sure you've covered that though. and even though it's rather situational, if you connect on the j3, you can go into b23, db2 and have enough time for the trap as well.
Yeah, I mean it hits but if their hit box moves back at all then on wake ups they'll beat us. Character specific, I've actually got the data on this mid-screen set up. Beats only like 33% of wake-ups...

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
On an off-note, superman can't dash back far enough to avoid the hit.

He can't avoid it if he waits too long, if he spams it on wake-up then he can.

hm, assumed it went through all our armored moves, that's gonna change it for me. sadly haven't gotten as much superman experience as i've wanted to. usually it's just laser spam.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
hm, assumed it went through all our armored moves, that's gonna change it for me. sadly haven't gotten as much superman experience as i've wanted to. usually it's just laser spam.
If his trait is up, yes. Otherwise, no we click off an armor count and punt him with our size 14s

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Maxintensity25

Just to note, doing b.23 b.1 22 ji.3 command grab will still catch half the cast out of their backdashes, even if they try to. I just tested it on Lex (big bodies) and I couldn't manage to dash away in time. I'm sure it'll work on other characters with similar problems.

GGA Max

Maxintensity25

Just to note, doing b.23 b.1 22 ji.3 command grab will still catch half the cast out of their backdashes, even if they try to. I just tested it on Lex (big bodies) and I couldn't manage to dash away in time. I'm sure it'll work on other characters with similar problems.
Cool, maybe we can get a list going of who is trapped and who can back-dash.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Cool, maybe we can get a list going of who is trapped and who can back-dash.
I know Superman, Lex, Doomsday, Nightwing, and Ares are stuck. Basically if they have a laggy backdash or an extremely short one, they won't be able to escape it on account of command grab overrides the start-up of backdashes. If they backdash as you start it, yeah you miss. If they backdash mid-animation, they appearently can't get away. For these characters, in specific...

Superman, Doomsday, and Ares have too short of backdashes to escape the grab range.
Lex has too laggy of one to keep evading
Nightwing's backdash is both too short AND too laggy.

However, Batman, Bane, and Black Adam have no trouble evading it. Their backdashes seem to be the right distance.

This is good stuff guys. Keep it up. I will start playing around with it as well once i get home from work. Although i doubt i will find anything you guys don't already know.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
113, MB b3, j.2, 123 xx charge is another setup for the charge fast stand. Hits meaty and crosses up.

Also, it's kinda cool that Bane has sort of a safe jump setup. Nice find.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
If you pump venom at the right times and start this setup after doing your b23, dash under j.d3 reset, it does 100%. Worth 2 bars, IMO. Especially in the 1st round when they can't clash.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Only problem is they don't have to care about the cross up since they can just hold down to block it both ways.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
That's true, but if they try to do something, their inputs get reversed easily. I can see how it can be a tough pill for players that are conservative with meter, but for me, I go ham with it while I'm on my first life bar so burning 2 isn't a big deal. And if you're not feeling the reset, you can still end that combo with ring toss for up to 60%+ (that's without the b23 reset as well) and massive corner carry depending on where you pump venom.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's true, but if they try to do something, their inputs get reversed easily. I can see how it can be a tough pill for players that are conservative with meter, but for me, I go ham with it while I'm on my first life bar so burning 2 isn't a big deal. And if you're not feeling the reset, you can still end that combo with ring toss for up to 60%+ (that's without the b23 reset as well) and massive corner carry depending on where you pump venom.
I'm not conservative with meter, in fact I'm so liberal with it that I don't want to waste it to only add another few % onto it. I'd rather save my meter for the MB f.3 traps on wake-up.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
113 is his fastest punish string though, so I can see 2 bars being worth it to maximize damage from it, you might even build half of it back with the combo.
I also find it to especially worth it if you are A) in position where you can hit a backround bounce after the bounce cancel, bonus could also be thrown interactable mid or post combo on venom. B) Are able to pump venom before the cancel connects into a transition. Huge on the second life bar IMO as who else can reap into the 50% range unclasable? Too bad I'm seldomly in these postions and often forget when I am.

Nice find Max. Looking forward to trying this out and adding it to the preasure.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I reset into interactables a lot, but I admit I straight up forget about the BG bounce most of the time.

Hm...can somebody try 113, BG bounce, j.2, 123 charge? That may be a way to get that crossup charge setup w/o meter.

GGA Max

I know Superman, Lex, Doomsday, Nightwing, and Ares are stuck. Basically if they have a laggy backdash or an extremely short one, they won't be able to escape it on account of command grab overrides the start-up of backdashes. If they backdash as you start it, yeah you miss. If they backdash mid-animation, they appearently can't get away. For these characters, in specific...

Superman, Doomsday, and Ares have too short of backdashes to escape the grab range.
Lex has too laggy of one to keep evading
Nightwing's backdash is both too short AND too laggy.

However, Batman, Bane, and Black Adam have no trouble evading it. Their backdashes seem to be the right distance.
It sounds like this set up isn't air tight. Because if they have enough time to start their dash, they certainly have even more time to out put a wake up and all that. No f3 splat gaurantees a safe jump right?

Error

DF2+R2
I reset into interactables a lot, but I admit I straight up forget about the BG bounce most of the time.

Hm...can somebody try 113, BG bounce, j.2, 123 charge? That may be a way to get that crossup charge setup w/o meter.
113 launches too far, causing bounce to whiff. You're better off using 12 for damage or 11 for better gravity scaling, then you can land a B3 after the bounce.

GGA Max

113 launches too far, causing bounce to whiff. You're better off using 12 for damage or 11 for better gravity scaling, then you can land a B3 after the bounce.
I think they need faster falling to get that cross over charge to hit.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
To check if it's crossing up, just pause right after you input charge and set the CPU to always block. If you end up on the other side when they block, then it's crossing up.

And what's the damage on that, Error?