What's new

Easiest Female Characters to Learn for Beginners

Easiest Female Character to Learn in Injustice 2 is...

• Black Canary

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Catwoman

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Cheetah

• Harley Quinn

• Poison Ivy

• Starfire

Votes: 13 17.3%
  • Supergirl

Votes: 47 62.7%
  • Wonder Woman

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider

Noob
What are easiest female characters to learn for beginners in Injustice 2?

From what i am reading and hearing it's either Catwoman or Supergirl. Is that correct?

I really like Harley Quinn and i am trying to learn her, but i am having really hard time winning against some zoners in the game.

I also like Poison Ivy. But i read that she is not really in the good spot in the game, that she is hard to learn and doesn't do much DMG.

Please vote and discuss.

Tweedy

Noob
Character strength is discussed more than anything on this site, but it actually has almost nothing to do with how well you do even at high level. At lower levels it means absolutely nothing. For 99% it's just a fun thing to talk about, nothing more.

I know being on TYM as a beginner makes the game seem like it's magic the gathering, where sometimes the deck you select can play itself with basic knowledge. This isn't how fighting games work at all, though.

This is a boring answer, I know, but it is the truth i'm afraid.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Supergirl is the easiest of the group, by far. She is probably the most plug and play character in the game along with Aquaman. I'm honestly not sure whether Catwoman is easy or not, but I would guess she isn't. Almost all of her strings require extraneous directional inputs, and cancelling out of her Cat Stance is necessary for optimal corner combos. She is nowhere near the level of an Ivy or Flash in terms of execution difficulty, but she is certainly more difficult than the majority of the cast.

That said, I agree with Tweedy that you should play who you like, at least to a degree. IMO, picking up Poison Ivy as your first ever fighting game character would probably be a mistake, but Harley should be fine.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Your question is who is the easiest female to pick up that answer would be Supergirl. She has easy hit confirms,easy offense,easy buttons for a newcomer,straightforward gameplan,and she can deal with the pesky zoners you are struggling against.

Off topic: If Harley is your favorite you may end up having more fun with the game if you stick it out with her. It's always better to play who you are REALLY interested in regardless of how hard or easy they are because it's simply fun for you. As someone who pretty much plays all of the females, Catwoman is not the easiest to pick up. Regardless of what people cry about regarding her, she requires somewhat of a brain and actual skill to play at an adequate level. If the person you're playing knows the MU, then you won't be able to just win outright with buttons and combos.

My List Of Easiest to hardest
Supergirl
Starfire
Harley Quinn
Black Canary
Cheetah
Catwoman
Wonder Woman
Poison Ivy

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Supergirl has a broad range of tools, and can fairly easily execute some simple Injustice 2 concepts. She can play decent at a lot of ranges, so a newer player could learn the game without being as penalized for poor footsies.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Supergirl is the easiest of the group, by far. She is probably the most plug and play character in the game along with Aquaman. I'm honestly not sure whether Catwoman is easy or not, but I would guess she isn't. Almost all of her strings require extraneous directional inputs, and cancelling out of her Cat Stance is necessary for optimal corner combos. She is nowhere near the level of an Ivy or Flash in terms of execution difficulty, but she is certainly more difficult than the majority of the cast.

That said, I agree with Tweedy that you should play who you like, at least to a degree. IMO, picking up Poison Ivy as your first ever fighting game character would probably be a mistake, but Harley should be fine.
-when the Superman player says Aquaman is plug and play-

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
No offense my guy, but watching Dragon at evo is the epitome of plug and play. I understand the patch fucked him up, but even still...
None take my man, but I can reply to that with two words and we are back where we started: 'Theo's Superman'

On topic: I would suggest taking the character with the highest annoyance factor. If you can make your opponent upset you've won half the battle.

Espio

Kokomo
If you're trying to learn the game and have fun, play the characters you actually like. It's way easier to stay invested in something you care about versus something you do not. I wouldn't worry about who is PERCEIVED to be bad or weak either because people have been wrong many times.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
-when the Superman player says Aquaman is plug and play-

Lol, fair enough.

Although I strongly disagree with the popular notion that Superman is this braindead character who only does the same thing over and over again. With regard to combo execution, he is relatively easy, but overcoming the infamous accidental Rising Grab after hit confirming a poke or punishing a low can be a mission and a half. Additionally, getting optimal timing after trait cancels is one of the more difficult techniques to master in this game, IMO. Of course, comparisons of difficulty with regard to execution are always subjective, but I am finding Flash's b22 RMS cancels much easier to optimize thus far.

From a match up perspective, people confuse using the same string with doing the same thing. Breath is -1, so choosing the correct option to follow up with, whether it is backdashing, jumping, simply walking back/crouch blocking, poking with a d1, performing an mb b3, or attempting another f23 definitely requires one to have knowledge of the matchup, a read on the opponent's tendencies, and mental engagement. You can contrast this with Batman pressure, as an example, where continuing to either apply plus frames or to go overhead or low in a vortex doesn't require much in the way of thought.

Additionally, because the moveset is so limited, the character can become predictable, so Superman players have to be very creative in order to open people up after they have learned the MU, requiring maximum knowledge of game mehanics and solid fundaments.

Holy shit I went on a rant, lol. Been meaning to get that off my chest for a while.

For the record, I have absolutely no problem with plug and play characters as a concept. It's only when a simpler character occurs in conjunction with that character being disproportionately powerful, as Aquaman was day 1 and Supergirl is right now, that it becomes an issue. For the most part, "braindead" and "plug and play" are just terms scrubs use to justify their losses. "Plug and play" as a character description should not be inherently pejorative.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I also like Poison Ivy. But i read that she is not really in the good spot in the game, that she is hard to learn and doesn't do much DMG.
Play her then.

Idk who told you she doesn’t do damage but that’s a lie lol.

If you’re just playing to have fun, go ahead and pick her up. She’s definitely the hardest out of the females in the game to use and probably the most execution heavy characters on the roster, but once you get all that down, she becomes so rewarding. Landing a combo with Ivy is one of the most satisfying things in the game.

Just have someone else for backup because she can’t AA for shit lol

Raider

Noob
To answer to few posts here:

There is no character in the game that i dislike really when it comes to females. I like them all, lol. :)

Harley just looks like most fun to me but i feel like i can't play just her all the time. I need at least one or two more.

Espio

Kokomo

There is no character in the game that i dislike really when it comes to females. I like them all, lol. :)

Harley just looks like most fun to me but i feel like i can't play just her all the time. I need at least one or two more.
Play Starfire too. She's sexy, stylish, accessible and quite fun.

trufenix

bye felicia

Supergirl and starfire are the direct answers. Supergirl is the superior character, but Starfire is often easy wins. but as has been echoed, until you're top 32 material it literally does not matter in this game as long as you don't go back in time and pick female swamp thing. By the time you're good enough for a tier placement to matter in inj2 you've already figured out what works and what doesn't.

trufenix

bye felicia
Is she good for zoners? Lol Because that's the most frustrating part of the game for me. Actually at least on PC i would call it "Spam".
uh, she is a zoner. So, factor that into your calculations. Until your execution and read game picks up, you'll spend a lot of star fire matches pushing people out and shooting them with stuff cause that's the only thing I can do, and I suck with her.

Supergirl can do both, which is great but also kind of boring if you find a way to be successful. WW is also extremely basic to play, but you don't have to get married to zoning if you don't want to.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Lol, fair enough.

Although I strongly disagree with the popular notion that Superman is this braindead character who only does the same thing over and over again. With regard to combo execution, he is relatively easy, but overcoming the infamous accidental Rising Grab after hit confirming a poke or punishing a low can be a mission and a half. Additionally, getting optimal timing after trait cancels is one of the more difficult techniques to master in this game, IMO. Of course, comparisons of difficulty with regard to execution are always subjective, but I am finding Flash's b22 RMS cancels much easier to optimize thus far.

From a match up perspective, people confuse using the same string with doing the same thing. Breath is -1, so choosing the correct option to follow up with, whether it is backdashing, jumping, simply walking back/crouch blocking, poking with a d1, performing an mb b3, or attempting another f23 definitely requires one to have knowledge of the matchup, a read on the opponent's tendencies, and mental engagement. You can contrast this with Batman pressure, as an example, where continuing to either apply plus frames or to go overhead or low in a vortex doesn't require much in the way of thought.

Additionally, because the moveset is so limited, the character can become predictable, so Superman players have to be very creative in order to open people up after they have learned the MU, requiring maximum knowledge of game mehanics and solid fundaments.

Holy shit I went on a rant, lol. Been meaning to get that off my chest for a while.

For the record, I have absolutely no problem with plug and play characters as a concept. It's only when a simpler character occurs in conjunction with that character being disproportionately powerful, as Aquaman was day 1 and Supergirl is right now, that it becomes an issue. For the most part, "braindead" and "plug and play" are just terms scrubs use to justify their losses. "Plug and play" as a character description should not be inherently pejorative.
No need to rant to me my man, I play Supes myself and find him one of the most rewarding and fun characters in the game. But now that we started:
AM's execution is screwed, his optimal BnB is inconsistent, even pro players are going for the simpler -and still janky- stuff. Despite this unstable combo game his damage isn't anything to write home about. b123 stopped being stupid too, went from +2 to -1 and has similar mind games to f23. Also thanks to this less guaranteed stuff on block meaning less meter which means df1mb is available less and also does lower damage on block and hit. Did I mention his AA and a2a game got downtoned netting, again, much less damage and being a lot more janky?

"BUT HIS NEUTRAL IS GODLIKE!" I hear you shouting from the distance. And you are right! Hope you also enjoy outplaying your opponent all match then die off a stray hit into conversion out damaging your BnB :V.

Sorry for derailing OP. :(

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I've mostly been trying to learn Cyborg, but for female character's I've actually had the most fun playing Black Canary. She has nice damage and vortex potential, and I enjoy the risk/reward part of her game.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
No need to rant to me my man, I play Supes myself and find him one of the most rewarding and fun characters in the game. But now that we started:
AM's execution is screwed, his optimal BnB is inconsistent, even pro players are going for the simpler -and still janky- stuff. Despite this unstable combo game his damage isn't anything to write home about. b123 stopped being stupid too, went from +2 to -1 and has similar mind games to f23. Also thanks to this less guaranteed stuff on block meaning less meter which means df1mb is available less and also does lower damage on block and hit. Did I mention his AA and a2a game got downtoned netting, again, much less damage and being a lot more janky?

"BUT HIS NEUTRAL IS GODLIKE!" I hear you shouting from the distance. And you are right! Hope you also enjoy outplaying your opponent all match then die off a stray hit into conversion out damaging your BnB :V.

Sorry for derailing OP. :(
The Superman rant wasn't really directed at you; it just happened to be something I've been looking to get off my chest for a minute, lol.

By plug and play I don't mean overpowered or easy to win with, but rather somebody whose optimal gameplan you can for the most part install with very little practice time.

Aquaman fits this billing perfectly. I don't even consider his "optimal" combos necessary due to the amount of jank involved; in my opinion, a combo cannot be considered optimal if there are mechancal issues relating to its consistency.

Any character is going to take significant skill to win with at a high level, however. If you were a top player, you would have a more difficult time trying to move through a top 32 with Aquaman than you would with The Flash.

Anyways, sorry, man. I am also done derailing.

Espio

Kokomo
Is she good for zoners? Lol Because that's the most frustrating part of the game for me. Actually at least on PC i would call it "Spam".
Well she beats Cyborg lol. She's good versus Wonder Woman and Cold too who can sometimes be played zoning/space control oriented and maybe Deadshot. So not all but some.

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
If you like Harley play Harley. I play her 99% of the time and hold my own against most. Zoning in the game is annoying overall IMO and unless you are looking to pick another zone heavy character and stand full screen going pew pew you will do fine with her. She also has the ability to zone out some of the cast herself.