What's new

Discussion Easiest characters to pick up top 5

ToX

Noob
In your opinion, what's the easiest characters to pickup and win with online? (in terms of execution, gameplay)

my top 5 (no order)
1.) Piercing Mileena
2.) Slasher Jason
3.) Cyber Kano
4.) Ninjitsu Scorpion
5.) GM Sub (Debatable, depends on how you're wired to play)

ToX

Noob
haven't played her much. i just copped the game like a week ago but from what i've seen she is pretty easy

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Unstoppable Jason seems reallllly simple to pick up and let rip.

Seeing Cyber Kano is interesting.. Ive never considered him super hard or anything, but not potato easy by any means. But then, I guess we are talking just grab and head online, not talking playing the character 'right' or even well, so that would drastically change what you needed to learn/do. Knife spam would auto-win a lot Id think.

ToX

Noob
Unstoppable Jason seems reallllly simple to pick up and let rip.

Seeing Cyber Kano is interesting.. Ive never considered him super hard or anything, but not potato easy by any means. But then, I guess we are talking just grab and head online, not talking playing the character 'right' or even well, so that would drastically change what you needed to learn/do. Knife spam would auto-win a lot Id think.
yeah knife spam and up ball i busted some 700/350ish guy in ranked doing that alone and low poking him to hell lol

Wigy

There it is...
I feel that easiest means doing the best with least skill so not like venomous dvora.

Gm
Ninjitsu
Slasher
Possessed
Mileena

Grandmaster will take you the furthest with the least skill

Honourable mentions

Sektor.
Bone shaper shinnock

Edit/

Sub might not be the lowest execution wise but he makes up for it by having the most linear flowchart playstyle that barely varies on matchups and requires 1 read a game.

Last edited:

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
Depends on the opponent. Every character has some gimmick that can be abused on lower level players but there are still some that require the opponent to know their options and make the right read to get around. I'm just going to list some characters' tools I've found to be annoying that, I believe, carry their players.

1. Grandmaster Sub-Zero
Klone shuts down so many options, it's disgusting. Pick up one of his other variations for bad match ups and you're rolling in wins.
2. Possessed Kenshi
In pressure, the mix up between teleport or other specials is a pain. On top of that, you also have to make a read on what air normal the teleport is going to be canceled into.
3. Ninjutsu Scorpion
Great range that leads to an easy +30% restand, gimmicky mix up, and hard to punish on block. If your character doesn't have a good mid then Scorpion can abuse that range.
4. Unstoppable/Relentless Jason
Easy combos and a ton of options. The opponent has to make the right read on a command grab or a safe launching string. The combo can lead to pretty absurd damage into a safe set up or the command grab can give a long enough knockdown for o.
5. Mystic Ermac or Smoke
Ex Push is one of the best armor moves in the game. It forces you to respect the Mystic player and creates a lot of mind games. Smoke still has a vortex, invincible wake up, safe launching smoke bombs, and he has the best mids out of the triborgs

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
The only thing even remotely challenging about Sektor's execution is the F212 backdash timing on the backdash into special cancel. And even that is not hard. He gets my vote for easiest in the game, and he was so easy to learn.

I also found Ninjutsu's execution really easy when I was playing him.

Jason would probably be up there too other than CMD input, but I know he can go really crazy in the corner if you want high execution so maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:

ToX

Noob
great posts guys. surprised some of you have unstoppable over slasher, but i havent really touched relentless or unstoppable that much!

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
Sektor, Cybernetic Kano, Ninjutsu Scorpion, Posessed Kenshi, and Jason have some straight up potato execution. Learning their strategies is also pretty dang easy.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Any low execution character without special cancels, instant air anything and run combos

<insert 5>

Ankh

Noob
1. Mileena Ravenous/Piercing
2. Kitana
3. Kotal Kahn
4. Kung Jin Bojutsu
5. Slasher Jason
Other:
Ferra Torr Vicious, Kano Cutthroat, Predator.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Full Auto
Slasher
Cryomancer
Ninjutsu
Piercing

Most people pick and go with the first variation that's available. Full auto became the stuff of legends when the game came out.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Lackey, Vicious + all variations of Jason & Kotal as far as execution, I think. Grandmaster is easy, but some corner stuff is finicky. I'm also a little surprised nobody mentioned Pyro.

Mileena is easy to win with online because of latency cheese, not because her execution is super low.

I somewhat disagree with everyone saying Ninjutsu, only because the tele cancel takes some getting used to in my experience. Other than that, he's really easy.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
In your opinion, what's the easiest characters to pickup and win with online? (in terms of execution, gameplay)

You asked for online wins so I'll give you the braindead five:
1. Unstoppable - Absolutely no skill or fundamentals required, easy 1000 wins no losses.
2. Bojutsu - njp, bnb, win
3. Piercing - No brain required
4. Hish - No brain required
5. Scorpion - You can legit just win with him for free up to a certain level.