What's new

Earn Purple Twitch Rivals Skins in Limited Towers - Today Only

So Twitch Rivals is doing a thing today. Partners and Affiliates have access to super secret Towers that they are "competing in" for best times/completion scores. The winner gets $35,000 and the honor of being the best Twitch MK11 player to Twitch stream. But for those of us unable to compete, we still can play some not so super secret towers to get some neat skins and other rewards.

Everything is available today only and it cycles through a group of characters every hour. On top of the skins, you can get time krystals and backgrounds, so that's cool. You can check out the schedule at the tweet NRS put out, or just look at the words slightly below what I'm typing here. As for the Twitch Rivals event, just go to any Twitch MK11 streamer and they should be running through the super secret towers in a few hours.

10-11AM PST: Noob, Jacqui, Kotal, Skarlet

11AM-12PM PST: Kung Lao, Baraka, Liu Kang, Cassie

12-1PM PST: Jade, Johnny, Sub-Zero, Shao Kahn

1-2PM PST: Scorpion, Kabal, Kollector, D'vorah

2-3PM PST: Raiden, Cetrion, Kitana, Jax

Comments

Where did these times and names come from? I did the first group, and no Noob. I’m doing the second group, and no Kung Lao.
I think the lists are just for the characters at the top of each tower.

The solo tower "boss" doesn't seem to have a skin reward. I've done them on brutal and still nothing, so, unless I'm missing something...

Most of these skins I have already anyway, so certainly not "exclusive."

I'm so mad about that Jade skin. I wanted that non-hooded green/purple human skin forever and it never showed up in ToT for me. I got excited until I saw it was another revenant skin. :(

I had most of them. I'm not sure why they are being called exclusive or only available today. The "boss" skins only show up as a reward if you don't already have them, otherwise there isn't a skin reward listed at all. It just seems like an odd way to do this whole thing.

Why? It’s just another way to unlock skins that are locked in the Krypt. Not that big of a deal really...?
nigga i just re-read the tweet to be sure, but are they promoting in game pallette swaps (not skins) as being exclusive for the day?

nigga i just re-read the tweet to be sure, but are they promoting in game pallette swaps (not skins) as being exclusive for the day?
No, just they are rewards those specific towers today only. The towers are today-only. Not the skins. Like I said I already had like 3-4 of them. It’s just an easy way to get them, instead of the Krypt.

Kinda like the Skarlet maskless gear tower last night / this morning. That’s from the Krypt, but they gave people an easy chance at it by putting it in a tower.

I’m sure we will see more skins and gear like this. And I’m sure more people will complain about it. I wish they’d just let us choose what skins we like and pay to unlock them with the in-game currency.

I just missed the first one, but all good because I don't use anyone in that group anyway. Noob's looks cool but half his outfits look purple, black, dark blue, grey etc lol

I did the others though.

I don't get what was the tournament about? Who can get the highest points?

I was part of the twitch rivals thing and there was no super secret towers for us, same ones as everyone else. I don't even know how they coulda possibly made different towers spawn anyways.

I just missed the first one, but all good because I don't use anyone in that group anyway. Noob's looks cool but half his outfits look purple, black, dark blue, grey etc lol

I did the others though.

I don't get what was the tournament about? Who can get the highest points?
I did every single tower and didn’t get the Noob skin. It wasn’t listed as a reward anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind... I actually already have the skin. I thought it looked familiar. So maybe it was a reward for the boss tower? Not sure. But also not sure why it wasn’t listed. I only got 1 skin from a boss tower. All the rest had only the 3 reward skins. So maybe I already had those too.

I did every single tower and didn’t get the Noob skin. It wasn’t listed as a reward anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind... I actually already have the skin. I thought it looked familiar. So maybe it was a reward for the boss tower? Not sure. But also not sure why it wasn’t listed. I only got 1 skin from a boss tower. All the rest had only the 3 reward skins. So maybe I already had those too.
Yeah that threw me off too lol they said "exclusive" but some people were saying they have some of them already? I am happy I got the Raiden skin and the Jade one, I've wanted them a while.

Yeah that threw me off too lol they said "exclusive" but some people were saying they have some of them already? I am happy I got the Raiden skin and the Jade one, I've wanted them a while.
Was the Raiden one from the boss tower? I only got coins from that one. But it turns out I already had the skin. So that may confirm my theory, lol.