What's new

Early Top 5 thoughts from Sonic Fox

E

Eldriken

You can have an opinion if you aren't competing at the highest level but it's based upon all of the information that you are allowed to receive, which is a double edged sword. You can remain objective while those who do play at a high level will experience more that is siphoned through their lens which could distort an actuality. I played @ShazzyBoy (is this shazzyam?) and afterward I believed that batman was top 5 because holy christ was I sufficated by pressure. People say push block and backdash, so now that I have more tools against that character I know that I may have incorrectly evaluated. There is a theme that people believe darkseid is placed higher than he ought to be, but after playing @Eldriken and getting mopped by teleport trait mixups i'm inclined to disagree with this threads consensus. You can't see how crazy the character can be, but I cannot tell you the faults in his gameplan yet, so both of us don't know something that is key in correct evaluation.
Tldr- observers can make judgements that are objective, players have access to a greater pool of information that is distorted by their experience ie I play superman so I think catwoman is bullshit.
Woot.
Philisophical debate over, lets talk about why people don't think atrocitus deserves a top 5 spot, i'm so curious
Don't uses matches against me as a means to gauge Darkseid's viability. I'm like the worst example to use. lol

There's so much shit with him that I don't do (I don't know why I don't...) and there's probably even more that I don't even know about. =P

You let me get away with some stuff that I shouldn't have, but that's probably due to lack of familiarity with the MU.

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
Don't uses matches against me as a means to gauge Darkseid's viability. I'm like the worst example to use. lol

There's so much shit with him that I don't do (I don't know why I don't...) and there's probably even more that I don't even know about. =P

You let me get away with some stuff that I shouldn't have, but that's probably due to lack of familiarity with the MU.
The matches definitely just showed me how deep that character. Also yes, I now know divekick is a low. It feels incredibly unnatural to block haha.