What's new

D'Vorah Breakdown Predictions, Worries, and Wishlist

D'Vorah is objectively the best newcomer since the 3D era.

• Total voters

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Alright kids, listen up. Looks like best girl D'Vorah is having her big trailer/stream this week. All the Kitana stans are thinking its finally be their time to shine, we need to show him who's actually setting the itinerary this week.

TRIVIAL PREDICTIONS
-
Kitana reveal trailer this week. Little do they know its gonna be a Jacqui v Kotal 2.0 and Dvorah upstages her royally.

- They actually tone down the vocal affectation on D'Vorahs voice so she's easier to understand

- Her stomach bug Krawlie is actually all grown up now.

- "I am ALL IN on this skin!"

- Fatal blow is Meh but the fatal is actually just as good as they said it would be.

GAMEPLAY PREDICTIONS

- "I would describe D'Vorah as a midrange space control character."

- "She actually uses her stingers more than she EVER has before."

- Her air throw meterburns for combo. Can be done ground-to-air.

- "Low puddle/F11 is GONE!"

- Bug cancels are back but they suck

- Venomous DOT is a two slot custom special

- Bug transformation is literally atom trait.

- "F22 is back and it has a crushing blow if you hit it 3 times in a row...and... you get a pop-up [drops combo]

- Krawler turns into bug turret (Ivy Trait)

HOT TAKE

- honeybee hates her and sticks with Baraka.

That's it for me, what do folks think you're gonna see this week?

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I feel sorry for my favorite girls Vorah and Mileena... NRS bad writhing has turned all cry-baby mileena fangirls into Dvorah haters...

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I am offended, but that said I have some ideas for her:

-Gameplay
Her puddle will be in her default set, but there will be a version that is a combo extender as an ability

Similar to Summoner Quan, she will have a giant bug she can summon that has different moves when out; a projectile, a fast mid. Throwing when the bug is out will lead to a combo in the corner.

A mechanic to meet certain conditions that turn her into a bug. Perhaps on death with full defense meter. (she has trophy that hints at this).

She'll have a bug that can attach to herself to heal her, or attach to the opponent to cause DOT.

Hives or eggs she can place similar to Konjurer Alien.

Her bug toss will be much faster to act as an actual projectile

Ability that costs 2 slots will make her stinger attacks cause dot.

Long reaching normals that look similar to MKX but that are very unsafe. (Seems to be the trend based on the beta).

Customization:

You can customize how her stingers look, similar to Brainiac's tentacles

Her bug will be customizable, having different versions of species.

Different hoods or no hood as an option. If not this, then how the top of her head will look like Baracka.

A brutality/Fatality that is reference to how she kills Mileena in MKX

A win pose where her stomach opens and a swarm emerges around her.

Her MKX pose where she pets her Krawler is now one of her intros as she pets it then lets it scurry off before the fight.

And that's all I can speculate.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I am offended, but that said I have some ideas for her:

-Gameplay
Her puddle will be in her default set, but there will be a version that is a combo extender as an ability

Similar to Summoner Quan, she will have a giant bug she can summon that has different moves when out; a projectile, a fast mid. Throwing when the bug is out will lead to a combo in the corner.

A mechanic to meet certain conditions that turn her into a bug. Perhaps on death with full defense meter. (she has trophy that hints at this).

She'll have a bug that can attach to herself to heal her, or attach to the opponent to cause DOT.

Hives or eggs she can place similar to Konjurer Alien.

Her bug toss will be much faster to act as an actual projectile

Ability that costs 2 slots will make her stinger attacks cause dot.

Long reaching normals that look similar to MKX but that are very unsafe. (Seems to be the trend based on the beta).

Customization:

You can customize how her stingers look, similar to Brainiac's tentacles

Her bug will be customizable, having different versions of species.

Different hoods or no hood as an option. If not this, then how the top of her head will look like Baracka.

A brutality/Fatality that is reference to how she kills Mileena in MKX

A win pose where her stomach opens and a swarm emerges around her.

Her MKX pose where she pets her Krawler is now one of her intros as she pets it then lets it scurry off before the fight.

And that's all I can speculate.
Not bad. Like the attaching bug ability, seems plausible

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I think she's gonna have something similiar to Atoms trait from Injustice, where she turns into a small bug to buzz around and annoy the enemy.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
What if instead you can actually control the bug for a limited time? Like Eliza's parasite Sekhmet from Skullgirls:

I hope they keep her weird voice. I loved it.

Poison Ovipositor Charge, Bug Spray and Wasp Grenade should be core movements.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
You’ve misspelled “worst”.
Absolutely disgusting character.
Also her stings were used a lot in MKX, don’t see the way they make her use them more. Normals, strings, throws, X-Ray, Fatality.
Ready to fight back her fans

Samsara

Resident Cynic
You’ve mispspelled “worst”.
Absolutely disgusting character.
Also her stings were used a lot in MKX, don’t see the way they make her use them more. Normals, strings, throws, X-Ray, Fatality
I'm just poking fun at them. They say "X uses Y more than they ever have before" so was joking about it.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Ok some person makes a topic about D'Vorah, that same person likes a hateful post about her.

Some people are strange...

Reactions: Lun

Raider

Noob
Off topic question: How can i access character's threads since new forum design? When i click on "D'Vorah" or any other character there are no threads at all.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Best newcomer?!?! bahahahahahahaha ... no.

Kotal and Cassie are FAR cooler than D'vorah. She's better than like, ferra/torr... maybe.

I'd rather have Mokap tbh.

BlunderGod

The Kollector wants your lunch money
- "I am ALL IN on this skin!"

- "I would describe D'Vorah as a midrange space control character."

- "She actually uses her stingers more than she EVER has before."

- "Low puddle/F11 is GONE!"

- "F22 is back and it has a crushing blow if you hit it 3 times in a row...and... you get a pop-up [drops combo]
"I can't believe it's not the Kombat Kast!"™

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I expect her to have fucking disgusting gross stuff involved on her moveset, brutalities and fatalities, rsrsrs :p ..... she is cool character and her new look is stunning.

cannot wait for her KK this week !! ;)

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
My only guesses on her gameplay will be that
-She will have a custom move that allows her to fly Blue Beetle style.
-Her 'Bug'Vorah' Mode is actually just similar to Spider-Man's Iron Spider suit where she lifts herself up on her Ovipositors and crawls on them.
-Her F2,1 String will return.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I just want my kytin queen to have good pressure. She fit me perfectly in mkx and I know she’ll have good range anyway. Don’t really care for specifics but just please don’t give her a teleport I need uniqueness man lol.. everyone has a teleport even me now sheesh

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Off topic question: How can i access character's threads since new forum design? When i click on "D'Vorah" or any other character there are no threads at all.
I think you're using the "MK11" button on the top of the thread to go back to the subforum? That's a tag. And shows only threads marked as "MK11", while the specific-characters threads are usually marked as "MK1DVORAH", "MK11CASSIE" and so on.