What's new

Drugs that influence your gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
There is a thin line where this topic can be accepted by the community, but I'm really curious about that and I had to ask.

So you are sober and you play Mk or any fighter, ok cool, let's say you do your avarage.
But what if you...let's say you are drunk, or being just a bit high (veryhigh)?
How does that affect your overall gameplay? Are you slower or faster? Can you pay the same attention to your game as if you were sober?

In my experience in a trance state my muscle memory works much better than sober, but I can't learn new things and I can't really change my gameplay on the fly, so what was conditioned will stay conditioned till the morning. But I'm faster to execut and to give the right answer to the right situation...i just hope that i don't meet any new tech or style.

What's your experience or theory? If you know how chemicals affect the brain what do you think, what is the MK Koktail? :D

Thead

Noob
Skunk is no good for this game, spend more time just looking at the screen than actually doing anything.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
getting really high and playing 4player wario party. my brain can not comprehend.

Mk when high is alright, you care less about things though and tend to lose punishes or drop combos more often, but it doesnt really bother you.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
i smoke a lot. when I play at home, I usually smoke in between rounds. it'll be interesting to see how i do at my first tourney where, obviously, i can't do this lol

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
i smoke a lot. when I play at home, I usually smoke in between rounds. it'll be interesting to see how i do at my first tourney where, obviously, i can't do this lol
Yeah, i know that feel bro. That's why I can't play a consecutive 10 game match.
Overally you do better sober because you can focus actually.
Acid is fun too. Makes the gameplay much more deeper. It makes everything much more deeper though...

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Yeah, i know that feel bro. That's why I can't play a consecutive 10 game match.
Overally you do better sober because you can focus actually.
Acid is fun too. Makes the gameplay much more deeper. It makes everything much more deeper though...
haha i'm talking about cigarettes, to be clear. I have tried playing stoned before, but man I just get bodied. I have to stay story mode is pretty epic though!

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
haha i'm talking about cigarettes, to be clear. I have tried playing stoned before, but man I just get bodied. I have to stay story mode is pretty epic though!
I see lol sorry. :D Cigarettes makes you more relaxed and for smoking kombatants before each harder match it is needed. You can get dizzy after a time without it.

I really only play MK once a week, what with a full time job, wife, 3 kids.
But Fridays... Oh yes Fridays.
The one night I get to really play mk I drink like the worlds about to end and schmokin on that chronic that would have killed Elvis. I find a comfort zone in playing with between 4 and 9 Sam Adams but after that it's time to play with one eye closed so I can see straight and hope for the best. I usually have to stop at 12-15 Sams and call it a night but yes. Drunken Friday night kombat is a year long tradition at my house since launch day. :)
With that being said, I'll be playing online tonight if anyone wants to throw down. Holla!

Ps- my stick is out for dual modding so no xbox tonight, ps3 only till I get my stick back on monday

McNasty

Moist.
To play my best I must be 100% sober.

Caffiene makes me impatient causing me to do things faster which means more input errors. It also makes me not respect my opponents options, wake ups etc.

Alchohol makes me play reckless and casual.

Illegal plants kill my ability to make/execute reads,hesitate, and make dumb mistakes like missjudging anti airs and loosing sight of the opponents set ups/gameplan.

Goldi

Noob
I try to limit drinking caffeine to weekends only. And I think it helps. But I have very little self control and will give myself rapid heart beat from too much coffee or Red Bull.

I played drunk like one time at Power Up. I think it just made me kinda clumsy and easy to distract, lol.

Spletty

Grandmaster
Lol this thread is win.

I don't do drugs so the only thing I got is coffee (no effect) and drinking (like playing online, but offline, and more anger)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
I really only play MK once a week, what with a full time job, wife, 3 kids.
But Fridays... Oh yes Fridays.
The one night I get to really play mk I drink like the worlds about to end and schmokin on that chronic that would have killed Elvis. I find a comfort zone in playing with between 4 and 9 Sam Adams but after that it's time to play with one eye closed so I can see straight and hope for the best. I usually have to stop at 12-15 Sams and call it a night but yes. Drunken Friday night kombat is a year long tradition at my house since launch day. :)
With that being said, I'll be playing online tonight if anyone wants to throw down. Holla!

Ps- my stick is out for dual modding so no xbox tonight, ps3 only till I get my stick back on monday

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
sober is the way to go for best performance. when im drunk i dont know what the fuck im doing in the heat of battle. when im stoned in thinking of my own interpretation of each characters story and paying too close attention to whats going on in the background (in the stage with all the mileena clones, one of the mileenas inside the tubes looks like shes fingerbanging herself). when im tweakin i think im playing incredibly well but i never seem to win lol.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Booze is not too bad, if I have a buzz it may actually help, but when I am trashed I can't play at all. Being really high is even worse, I get easily distracted and my eyes don't want to focus and I can't pay attention to anything lol. I tried playing this game Brainage on the Wii with my brother when we were really wrecked, it's like math problems and figuring out puzzles, it was not pretty for either of us.

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
For me I play best when semi-stoned.Just enough to take the edge off. When Im sober I get to caught up on the little things and get frustrated too easily.Too baked and Im just slow to react.

Status
Not open for further replies.