What's new

Dropping out

Playpal

Kombatant
We're kinda jumping to conclusions as to why this person is dropping out. There's a myriad of reasons: got pregnant, financial woes got you working early, family sucks and you NEED to get out, or maybe you don't need high school anymore (this is very rare).

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
did you get your ged?

army wont take you with out ged or diploma
Yeah I have my GED. No I'm not in the service, just throwing it out there as it's an option. I figure if you're dropping out, GED is the logical next step. What you do after that is up to you.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Go see your guidance councilor and ask if your school division has an outreach school where you can work through modules at your own pace, on your own schedule, without dealing with any of the typical highschool bullshit.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
If you have to drop out of school for whatever reason, don't lose your shit. We're fortunate in north america (if that's where you're from) to have the luxury of school being available ALL the time.

If you drop out, you can get your GED, attend a community college and then transfer to a real college and get your degree. No biggie.

I don't know why people act like if you drop out of high school, you're automatically guaranteed to flip burgers for the rest of your life. What country are you guys living in? You can go back to school any damn time you want.

Also, newsflash, a lot of people flipping burgers have bachelor degrees already thanks to the current economy. LMFAO

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Does dropping out inherently mean you're an idiot who will achieve nothing in life? No, but it makes it much more difficult to be successful.

Keep in mind our education system is essentially a way of evaluating how smart you are and directing you to a career you want. If you drop out it's a major sign that you don't give a shit, and *every* employer at least wants you to give a shit. The irony is that our education system is a stupid, convoluted game where people with rich/powerful connections typically succeed with greater ease than the rest of us. But these are the cards you are dealt.

In the long run it doesn't matter how smart, driven, or self educated you happen to be. You know how your momma said you can be anyone you want? Not without credentials you're not. Start building them, get what you want out of the system and then tell them to fuck off. Future employment may seem like a tough thing to care about right now, but having an employer for a job you REALLY want look at your resume and proceed to treat you like a leper will make you want to slam your dick in a car door for not just getting it over with.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
It's all in what you do when you quit. Join the Army and you're good to go. Go to college early and you're good to go. I quit HS as soon as I could, and I'm doing ok. Not all of us are chumps, eh Tim? LOL
There was an basketball player that skip his senior year of high school and he was rank number 1 in the nation at the time. He skips his senior year of high school to go play pro basketball in Israel. How di dhe do? He was fucking ass. He couldn't even average 2 points per game there.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
There was an basketball player that skip his senior year of high school and he was rank number 1 in the nation at the time. He skips his senior year of high school to go play pro basketball in Israel. How di dhe do? He was fucking ass. He couldn't even average 2 points per game there.
We all know how well known Isreal is for their pro basketball team.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
SwiftTomHanks: Israel isn't really that good. I mean if you can't play ball in a country that is rank 27th in the FIBA rankings. Then you fucking suck. If he went to play pro ball in China, Spain, or Greece he would get bodied for free. But you wanna know the funny part? His fucking ass got drafted! To who? The Charlotte Bobcats. He was the 39th pick in the 2nd round. then he got traded to my fucking Warriors! I don't understand how my Warriors can pick up a kid from Harvard who is actually a fucking beast, then go after some fucking loser that can't even handle international players. Look at these AMAZING numbers.

High School: 28.7 points per game

In Israel: 2.1 PPG in 7.6 MPG( In 10 games.)

In Japan: 9.9 points on 51.7% shooting and 6.4 rebounds in 15.4 minutes per game.( In 33 games)

Yeah..he fucking sucks.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
For real, check wikipedia. They actually have the third best basketball team in the Olympics next to the US and China.[/QUOTE ] Israel isn't really that good. I mean if you can't play ball in a country that is rank 27th in the FIBA rankings. Then you fucking suck. If he went to play pro ball in China, Spain, or Greece he would get bodied for free. But you wanna know the funny part? His fucking ass got drafted! To who? The Charlotte Bobcats. He was the 53rd pick in the 2nd round.
Yea, you caught me. I just made those stats up.

EDIT: But hey, he got drafted. And that's all that matters. So lesson learned; drop out of high school - play professional basketball in Israel.

Pro - Possibly be the next REO and you get to work full time if you choose not to play MK so you'll have more money then the time being BUT

Con - if you do drop out you'll work more if you have a job and get that fast money but when your friends have graduated and your still workin at mcdonalds gettin that money they are in college laughing at you and getting laid every other weekend. Sure you can still hang out with them and goto the college partys but girls always know who 'that guy' is. So you've dropped out, friends have graduated, 4 years after that your still working at mcdonalds your better then REO at MK and your friends have just graduated college getting job offers in Italy for 100k a year.

dont do it, life and school can be challenging sometimes. Its so easy NOT to goto school but if your taking advice from guys on an MK site i suggest you talk this through with your school counsler or someone close to you because i dont know you and you dont know me.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Yea, you caught me. I just made those stats up.

EDIT: But hey, he got drafted. And that's all that matters. So lesson learned; drop out of high school - play professional basketball in Israel.
Good look at his amazing numbers. He couldn't even handle any Japanese players. I bet the Japanese women basketball team would run tracks all over him.

Edit: There is only one player from Israel in the NBA. He is actually a beast too. His name is Omari Casspi.

Edit 2: Japan is rank 33rd in the FIBA rankings btw.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
If you have to drop out of school for whatever reason, don't lose your shit. We're fortunate in north america (if that's where you're from) to have the luxury of school being available ALL the time.

If you drop out, you can get your GED, attend a community college and then transfer to a real college and get your degree. No biggie.

I don't know why people act like if you drop out of high school, you're automatically guaranteed to flip burgers for the rest of your life. What country are you guys living in? You can go back to school any damn time you want.

Also, newsflash, a lot of people flipping burgers have bachelor degrees already thanks to the current economy. LMFAO
People are conditioned to believe that without the little piece of paper you're nothing. Truth is you dont necessarily need it to succeed in life, you just have to work a hell of a lot harder to get there.

It's all in what you do when you quit. Join the Army and you're good to go. Go to college early and you're good to go. I quit HS as soon as I could, and I'm doing ok. Not all of us are chumps, eh Tim? LOL
\My brother was kicked out of high school, he's now getting his bachelors degree.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I don't even have a degree, although I may work on that next year for a change of pace.

I worked for a while, saved some money, started my own "business" in the same industry, and it's worked out well for me. Since August I've only worked 1 day a week and will do so for the rest of the year, since I've already made my money. It's nice being the boss =]

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
People are conditioned to believe that without the little piece of paper you're nothing. Truth is you dont necessarily need it to succeed in life, you just have to work a hell of a lot harder to get there.
Agreed. If, however, one desires to go back to school for whatever reason, it's always there.

Happiness is more important than success, in my opinion, and you don't need a piece of paper to find it.