What's new

Dropping out

Playpal

Kombatant
My friend told me if you're doing shit in your last year you can drop out, get your GED and go to college. Not sure if this works, let alone if it works where you live, but you could ask you guidance counsellor or something.

hardwire

Noob
cons-no jobs for drop outs
make like 30k less then not droping out
it will haunt you later in life if you deside you want to do somthing more then flip burgers with your life

droping out is never a good idea i know highschool is hard but its worth it to finnish cuse then you can go to college and have a blast away from your parents and with hot chicks (trust me on this one i just went back to school)

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I would stay in school really, will be much easier to get a better job. Plus if you drop out, you might regret it for the rest of your life.

dropping out say 20 or 25 years ago when there where alot a jobs wouldnt have been too bad but now with so little jobs for people WITH COLLEGE DEGREES you wouldnt have a chance getting hired if you arent in school or atleast done with high school

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Why would you drop out? Considering that one of the few sustainable ways of keeping yourself fed and paying your rent includes taking out student loans these days...with or without your diploma you'll still be competing with people who have 15+ years of work experience just trying to pay the bills by flipping burgers.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
It's all in what you do when you quit. Join the Army and you're good to go. Go to college early and you're good to go. I quit HS as soon as I could, and I'm doing ok. Not all of us are chumps, eh Tim? LOL

Enenra

Go to hell.
No no, see, you're not a moron if you've paid money for your education then decide not to continue it!

Wait...
That's what I was thinking. Btw, every time i see your personal message and your picture, I die of laughter.
On topic:
Pro:Everyone thinks you're a rebel. Until they hit 20. Then they think you're a retard.
Con:Your life will more than likely suck ass, and you will never be able to live out your dreams.

WhooFlungPoo

Dojo Trainee
My friend told me if you're doing shit in your last year you can drop out, get your GED and go to college. Not sure if this works, let alone if it works where you live, but you could ask you guidance counsellor or something.

If you can't handle high school, you have no business in college.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
If you can't handle high school, you have no business in college.
Well, saying "Fuck this, I'm going to drop out and get my GED and attend college because I'm bored out of my mind with fabricated American history" and "High skewl is stoopid! Them teachers dun know sheeyat!" are two different things. I've known a lot of people who drudged through high school, or dropped out and got their GEDs who've gone onto college and are doing well.

I had no mental stimulation at all in high school, memorize how to take a test, take test, repeat. I mean, if you've got the luxury of actually going to a private school it's different, but public school in America is a bottom of the barrel education. Public school teachers don't even attempt to engage you anymore these days. Hell, even your local community college is ten times better.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/03/05/why-we-must-fire-bad-teachers.html

I'm home-schooled and will be getting my GED when I turn 16 due to the lead on my career it will give me.
I can understand wanting to be out of school to do ridiculous amounts of ridicule and bullying, but that's it. If your tired of learning subjects you don't want to...Get used to it. I don't want to sound like a dick, but this is real life, there is absolutely nothing easy about it.

Whatever you do, Do NOT drop out...you'll regret it when you 35 sitting at home overweight drowning in bills taking care of 3 kid's while your wife is waiting tables to pay for gas. Do NOT drop out.

Best of luck to you man. Have a great day.
~Hound.

BookBurning

Voidwards
You must be an incredible retard if you drop out of high school, not even special education kids drop out.
I dropped out and got my GED and still have every pathway to attend college, and I promise you I'm not a "retard". I was someone who slacked off in school and it turned out to be the only option I had in the end.

I understand what you're saying, but try not to be too judgmental and presumptuous

hardwire

Noob
It's all in what you do when you quit. Join the Army and you're good to go. Go to college early and you're good to go. I quit HS as soon as I could, and I'm doing ok. Not all of us are chumps, eh Tim? LOL
did you get your ged?

army wont take you with out ged or diploma