What's new

Dropping due to pressure

I only drop characters if I feel like they're trash after playing them for a while even though I like them. I dropped Ryu in SFV S2 for Akuma and Skarlet for Scorpion in MK11.
I wouldn't drop a character for being perceived as too strong, though.

I dunno who would think RoboCop is too strong though, lmao.

If you're a Jacqui, Joker, Sheeva or Liu Kang player just embrace playing a braindead top tier character. Many people will consider you a carried scrub and hate you for it, but it's not your obligation to please other people. Other people get paid to fix the game, and them not doing a good job at it is not your fault.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
My question to all you guys and girls have you ever dropped a character due to the character just being generally hated or because whenever you pick your character your opponent becomes an absolute dick with little to no reason
No. I play characters I enjoy. I dont care if people hate them. If an opponent is going to be a dick based on a character, I block said opponent and move on to the next.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
So my question is have you ever giving up your character due to pressure?
Nope. Not even in the old arcade days when people standing right next to me would complain and whine and try to get their bros to heckle. I'd still pick Mileena in MK2, and I'd still spam sai without remorse. In the end, I stayed on the machine, and they had to go get more change.

Pick who you like, or who you're most comfortable with. If the character is so good that they carry, it's the other player's fault for picking a bad character.