What's new

Dropping due to pressure

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
My question to all you guys and girls have you ever dropped a character due to the character just being generally hated or because whenever you pick your character your opponent becomes an absolute dick with little to no reason

I ask this because looking at this game and previous entries and the Injustice series I can count a few times where I have dropped the character do to this fact a good example is I played Sheeva in MK9 and I think I played more mirror matches in that game then any other game I played
I'm now to that point of dropping RoboCop who I enjoy immensely no he's not the best character and yes I play him rush down I lose my fair share but I still enjoy him but I find myself being counterpick by Sheeva of all characters lol
Another reason is you could be called a Tier Whore, Because your favorite character happens to be towards the top of the list.

So my question is have you ever giving up your character due to pressure?

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
This guy's content is pretty nice so maybe give this video a watch. I've never personally had this much pressure thrown at me to quit my characters but I hope you don't give up on characters you like just because of your salty opponents

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Pick what you like/what works and don't worry about what the sub human on the other side of the internet says.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
To answer the question:

I used Jade since 2004 & when Jade became Bottom 5 in MK9, I was tier shamed for using bottom tier & everyone in the community calling her shit & I was wasting my time using her regardless of how good I was & yes it bothered me so I played Smoke & Kabal who were my secondary & tertiary characters. I regretted ever dropping Jade regardless of how good I was with Smoke & Kabal (I was called a tier whore so many times) so I picked her back up. Jade made me a better player fundamentally, made the game even more fun for me & certain other Jade players like @RunwayMafia & @TakeAChance who believed in Jade & her capabilities helped me get better. You know how many times per day salty fucks would counterpick me with Kenshi, a 1-9 MU? Literally all the time & I would usually destroy them, even players who main him. Every character I played in NRS games has been hated: Deathstroke (IGAU), Scorpion (MKX), Deadshot (I2), Jade (MKD-MK11) & Kabal (UMK3-MK9).

Moral of the story is, never let others dictate who you play, just play whoever you want to play, have fun with your character & dominate in your own way.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
To answer the question:

I used Jade since 2004 & when Jade became Bottom 5 in MK9, I was tier shamed for using bottom tier & everyone in the community calling her shit & I was wasting my time using her regardless of how good I was & yes it bothered me so I played Smoke & Kabal who were my secondary & tertiary characters. I regretted ever dropping Jade regardless of how good I was with Smoke & Kabal (I was called a tier whore so many times) so I picked her back up. Jade made me a better player fundamentally, made the game even more fun for me & certain other Jade players like @RunwayMafia & @TakeAChance who believed in Jade & her capabilities helped me get better. You know how many times per day salty fucks would counterpick me with Kenshi, a 1-9 MU? Literally all the time & I would usually destroy them, even players who main him. Every character I played in NRS games has been hated: Deathstroke (IGAU), Scorpion (MKX), Deadshot (I2), Jade (MKD-MK11) & Kabal (UMK3-MK9).

Moral of the story is, never let others dictate who you play, just play whoever you want to play, have fun with your character & dominate in your own way.
I hear you man it's just so hard to deal with all the crap nowadays for being a Sheeva main, and now that I picked up RoboCop the teabagging never stops but it's good to here I'm not the only one that has to deal with this crap

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I hear you man it's just so hard to deal with all the crap nowadays for being a Sheeva main, and now that I picked up RoboCop the teabagging never stops but it's good to here I'm not the only one that has to deal with this crap
I hear you, same shit different game.

You kinda have an out as a Sheeva loyalist if you used her in MK9 where she was Bottom 2 kinda like Cyrax loyalists in MK9 when he was always previously considered to be low tier before.

Zyns

Grodd for Injustice 3
Embrace it. I main Honda in SFV and he is quite possibly the most unga bunga character I have ever seen. The hatemail I get honestly makes it all the more fun because I can feel how irritating what I'm doing is.

Gerchap

Noob
You do you and who cares about anyone else.
They should be certain rules tho,

example: if a member abuses that Sheeva move I wouldn’t tolerate that player here lol I would just shit on that member all the time just for being a dirty Sheeva player. Players should play with honor and good players should adapt to any style being clean or dirty tho.

I forgot to mention, I don't play Tekken much but when I do I use Akuma. As you can imagine, people feel a certain way about Akuma for a variety of reasons, but I ain't gonna stop picking him because:
  • Fuck'em.
  • Akuma is dope.
  • Using a Street Fighter character in a game like Tekken is dope.
  • He's designed really well and fun to play.
  • Challenging but rewarding execution.
People make jokes thinking they're dunking SF players being brought in this way but it's an effective strategy because I was able to learn the game in a way that felt good to me. He's so well put together that I was even able to fall back on my knowledge of how Akuma operates from totally different games and apply it to him in a mostly intuitive way for similar results; that shit is impressive.

Is he the only reason I want to play Tekken? Not at all, but he's so fun to play that imo nothing else matters.

I really want that Tekken x Street Fighter game, damnit.

Last edited:

Hot_DNA

Noob
So...So...So...So...So...So...So...So...So...So...So...So...So...So...So...
S O U L F I S T...
I love it.
I played Morrigan since day one vanilla before the soul fist craze... My team was Rocket Raccoon/Morrigan/Phoenix so u can imagine the hate I got lol
But I love females that throw projectiles

I played Morrigan since day one vanilla before the soul fist craze...
Saying something like this is pretty relevant to the thread topic. It may seem small but this is a super common way I see people subtly justifying their gameplay choices pre-emptively.

It says a lot about the community of gaming when people feel the instinct to back themselves up this way, no doubt because we sense pushback and feel they need to beat them to it.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
After playing Kitana in MK9, literally throwing instant air fans all day, then assing my way across to the other side of the screen if they so much as blocked a d1, I am immune to online hatred.

Let them cry.

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
You do you and who cares about anyone else.
They should be certain rules tho,

example: if a member abuses that Sheeva move I wouldn’t tolerate that player here lol I would just shit on that member all the time just for being a dirty Sheeva player. Players should play with honor and good players should adapt to any style being clean or dirty tho.
Were you there when people were shaming AkTiVe in the ShoutBox on MKU for abusing Kabal glitches in MK9? Everyone just jumped on top of him & I remember @Komatose (aka Angelz/Nemesis) being just ruthless to him & both of them going at it on who the better Kabal player is but wouldn’t agree on a date for a ft10.

For those who don’t know: Kabal had glitches that he could drain the opponent’s super meter & an invincibility glitch.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Were you there when people were shaming AkTiVe in the ShoutBox on MKU for abusing Kabal glitches in MK9? Everyone just jumped on top of him & I remember @Komatose (aka Angelz/Nemesis) being just ruthless to him & both of them going at it on who the better Kabal player is but wouldn’t agree on a date for a ft10.

For those who don’t know: Kabal had glitches that he could drain the opponent’s super meter & an invincibility glitch.
Yeah I love MK9 but the game has some serious issues even and it's an game with Cyrax having hundred percent resets some characters able to almost jail you permanently I'm looking at you Johnny Cage it just was a mess in some cases but this is when they were really refining their next gen so can't really blame them too much

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I've been happy enough by "Fans, Fans, Fans, FANS!" mail at times, but I have tended to avoid messing around online with characters I think will run people off. I never really took Sheeva online against randoms. The last time I played randoms online was the one time I decided to play Milleena online after she had been out awhile.

The person I ran into had an 86 level player profile and was edging me out each fight, so I assume they knew what was going on. They kept fatling me every win, and generally seemed pissed off about something. After losing and getting fataled like 4-5 times I got a flawless round and they just RQ'ed mid match.

I kind of wonder if they thought me buffering her TP looked to them like me bagging mid round and they were just triggered the whole time. Overall, I just didn't care why, I just never played a random again. At this point I just don't see playing fighters has having any intrinsic value and only play the CPU for a few min every couple of weeks. A lot of that has nothing to do with this topic, but it didn't help feeling like I have to pick the right char and play the right way or someone is going to tantrum.