What's new

Dragon Ball Battle of Z English Trailer

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Now i'm late on this, I saw this ages ago as i'm sure some of you have, but never thought to post it here and I know how many y'all are huge DragonBall Z Fans, this game sounds like alot of fun!

What I think I love most about this is that we have an English VA for Bills, the Lord of Destruction from Battle of Gods.
Watching that movie in japanese was still awesome but I can't wait for the english release, I don't know but could the same guy be voicing the english Battle of Gods movie Bills or not? It only makes sense!

ALSO! You can play all forms in one team unlike the Raging blast games where you could only use 1 form of the character once in your team.
Who would you like to see on the roster?

Also once again, I am not a fan of the idea of the Naruto Costume, but I'm not a Naruto fan at all, I'll still get it on Day 1 however, How do you Naruto fans feel about this costume?

The Naruto game had a Goku costume, so this is just returning the favor and I don't really care about such cameos.

I have loved the team battle mechanics in DBZ games since Legends had 3 vs. 3 fights and this looks a ton better to me than the gameplay in those mediocre Raging Blast games. The game looks absolutely fantastic visually, has fun co-op online gameplay and being able to use all of a character's forms on one team against giant bosses is a big plus for me.

I'm so glad we have the new Battle of the Gods continuity in the game as well, makes things feel much fresher than the usual DBZ game story.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I don't care what exactly it is, I'm just hyped as hell for being able to have actual team battles. I'm gonna form the Ginyu force, I hope we get a massive damage bonus for all posing at once or something

This game looks hilariously bad. But I also see a bit of DBZ Legends in it which I always considered the only good DBZ game made.

Still, 70 characters? Are the majority of these characters going to be made up stuff like Fused forms of Freeza/Cell like one of the recent games did? How many of them will have the exact same movelist? I'll wait and see what's up with this but again, it looks bad.

And I don't think DBZ will ever stopped being milked. I never even heard of this battle of the gods stuff until I saw this.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
This game looks hilariously bad. But I also see a bit of DBZ Legends in it which I always considered the only good DBZ game made.

Still, 70 characters? Are the majority of these characters going to be made up stuff like Fused forms of Freeza/Cell like one of the recent games did? How many of them will have the exact same movelist? I'll wait and see what's up with this but again, it looks bad.

And I don't think DBZ will ever stopped being milked. I never even heard of this battle of the gods stuff until I saw this.
Ehmmm I kinda agree, maybe not that bad, but the gameplay doesn't look brilliant, but we have to see how it turns out I guess.
I assume that the 70 characters includes different forms, there is a video of the some of the roster and it doesn't look that big tbh, But it has a good selection so far.

HOW DID YOU NOT HEAR ABOUT IT!?
You're no real DBZ fan bro, sorry even though it was only released in Japan recently and not in the US/Europe Yet it became massively known very quickly and it's such a good film, you need to watch it.

HOW DID YOU NOT HEAR ABOUT IT!?
You're no real DBZ fan bro, sorry even though it was only released in Japan recently and not in the US/Europe Yet it became massively known very quickly and it's such a good film, you need to watch it.
I didn't hear about it cause I quit caring about Anime close to a decade ago. The last good ones, and pretty much the only ones I remember watching more than once cause they were that good, were Cowboy Bebop and Berserk. And it doesn't help that Cartoon Network has sucked for about 5 years now.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I didn't hear about it cause I quit caring about Anime close to a decade ago. The last good ones, and pretty much the only ones I remember watching more than once cause they were that good, were Cowboy Bebop and Berserk. And it doesn't help that Cartoon Network has sucked for about 5 years now.
I haven't watched CN since I was like 12 or something... Watch them online of download them, also DBZ is like DRAGON BALL Z not anime B-) .... Yes it's anime before you try and correct me, but it's in it's own league, Don't see why you would come to this thread if you stopped caring though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

But Legacy of Goku doe...

I haven't watched CN since I was like 12 or something... Watch them online of download them, also DBZ is like DRAGON BALL Z not anime B-) .... Yes it's anime before you try and correct me, but it's in it's own league, Don't see why you would come to this thread if you stopped caring though.
I wouldn't know what to correct cause I didn't get the reference. Sorry, unlike the majority of the internet, I'm not picky about spelling mistakes. you got what I was saying so I'll leave it at that.

And I never said I stopped caring about DBZ. I said I stopped caring about anime. DBZ happens to be an anime I'm sure everyone has heard of. It was the anime to watch growing up afterall. I was just more curious to see what this game was all about since it comes as no surprise to me that they are making what seems like the 100th game for it.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I wouldn't know what to correct cause I didn't get the reference. Sorry, unlike the majority of the internet, I'm not picky about spelling mistakes. you got what I was saying so I'll leave it at that.

And I never said I stopped caring about DBZ. I said I stopped caring about anime. DBZ happens to be an anime I'm sure everyone has heard of. It was the anime to watch growing up afterall. I was just more curious to see what this game was all about since it comes as no surprise to me that they are making what seems like the 100th game for it.
I'm gonna finish with 2 things.
1 what are you on about with the spelling?
and 2, Dude you didn't even know about Battle of Gods..

I'm gonna finish with 2 things.
1 what are you on about with the spelling?
and 2, Dude you didn't even know about Battle of Gods..
1. I don't need to tell you. If you've been around the internet, you know how people get about misspellings and corrections in general.

2. What does me not knowing about the Battle of Gods movie have to do with anything? Would I accept the game more if I watched it?

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
1. I don't need to tell you. If you've been around the internet, you know how people get about misspellings and corrections in general.

2. What does me not knowing about the Battle of Gods movie have to do with anything? Would I accept the game more if I watched it?
1. I'm genuinely confused as to what you're talking about or where this came from.

2. YES YOU WOULD.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
This commercial... lol Everything this guy says sounds so cheesy. Game looks great. Though I hope it doesn't play like Raging Blast...

And was not being able to have a team of all Goku's really such a huge deal? This guy made it sound like it was life changing. Co-op online battles sounds sweet. Can't wait for this game. =)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
This commercial... lol Everything this guy says sounds so cheesy. Game looks great. Though I hope it doesn't play like Raging Blast...

And was not being able to have a team of all Goku's really such a huge deal? This guy made it sound like it was life changing. Co-op online battles sounds sweet. Can't wait for this game. =)
This is how I imagine everything in the US is advertised, I laughed so hard when I first saw this, but none the less it looks cool.

It wasn't a HUGE deal, but it's a cool thing to have a team of all Goku or all Frieza of something.

i know that tgs gameplay video got posted in the dbz fan thread iirc and from what i saw it was...ok. and i gotta say it was funny to see nappa just standing there idle not doing anything even when the player got near him lulz.

i'll wait for a demo but i don't think it'll ever match legends on the psx.