What's new

Does win loss ratio affect whether you play someone in player match?

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I don't always play online, but when I do I ensure I'm playing against better players who main characters that are a bad matchup for my own.

/truestory

Solo

Shadow Priest
You like playing people better than, but they might have the same attitude. If they're not as good as me, I play to at least to 5. If they message me for more games, I'll play them more.

Honestly.. I'm kind of picky on who I play sometimes.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I play people from TYM or other good players, record doesn't mean a thing to me. In fact, all good records tell me is you've been playing a bunch of bad players, or something to that affect.
Pretty accurate statement. I've played people with ridiculous ratios...4:1, 5:1 and some of them are flat out bad.

It's true that players judge by ratio though. I get declined all day long for having a 2:1. I just dont play a lot of scrubs, it's boring.

Amadeous

Noob
No, win loss record doesn't change my opinion.

Many times people lose to better players until they get better. Thats how I get better in fighters so my win loss records are not very good.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Win Loss Ratio means nothing to me.

I don't care about my ratio because you learn more about your game from a loss to a superior player. What strategies don't work well. What moves you shouldn't use. I could go on and on. In order to get the victory you must truly assess your game, overcome obstacles, and that makes the win much more rewarding.

I'll accept any player match and continue to play that person until they quit whether I'm winning or losing. At times players get too caught up in their numbers. I could give a rats about my hero card or someone's else's.

In the grand scheme of things do they really matter? Nothing is better than making someone rage quit who has 350 wins and 100 losses. :)

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
I usually play ranked because 1vs1 player it takes me forever to get a match because people keep declining. Not sure if it's because of my record or because of the green lantern icon i use. I will really play anyone no matter the record, except people with too many losses or that have 0/0 fights. I take no joy in winning fights against the inexperienced.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Your win/loss definitely has an effect on who you will challenge. Most people don't want to lose... so they probably wont challenge someone with a crazy good w/l. You kind of answered your own question though. There are people like you who don't want to bother challenging people with pitiful w/l ratios. It doesn't matter though. You will always find someone to challenge. Limiting the amount of people that would accept the challenge isn't going to be too detrimental. :16Bit

D

Deleted member 9158

Just curious, most of you say that youll only play someone better then you, yet not with good stats. That is confusing...
because online records mean shit all my friend. Someone could be 1000-50, but that's only because they pick on people who are new to pad their stats. Or they could be very, very good. So it's always worth at least one match to find out

Someone who is 1000-50 might be worse than someone who is 50-1000, but what are the chances of that being true? A person's win loss record paired with their total matches is a way to get a decent idea if someone is worth playing.Total matches played is probably a better way to judge someone. Anyone that has played 500-1000 matches should be solid.

ceemurda

Tha BLakk ROBOCOP
There is a dude on xbl that has an insane record of 1050-50 or something like that in player matches he mains doomsday and he is by far the worst player ive played against.. Didnt even get me on 2nd health bar...

So with that being said there are people with bad records that are better than the top 100 most of those guys are rage quitters that have good records because of the glitches... Hopefully nrs will reset the leaderboard after they fix the rq glitch

Sent from my SCH-R920 using Tapatalk 2

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
i only challenge people with better records than me. I accept all challenges and try to play at minimum three matches. the only deal breaker is the ping bars. if you don't have at least three bars, we ain't playing.
This. Ping is the greatest factor for me. Though I will fully admit I pass on challenges from dudes with like 500-50 records but that's only because I have less than 50 matches total and am still trying to figure out the online play style. Takes a bit of an adjustment.