What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Does Predator Invalidate Sub-Zero?

Does Predator Invalidate Sub-Zero

• No

Votes: 58 38.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 47 31.1%
  • Too early too tell

Votes: 46 30.5%

• Total voters

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
KK don't say I didn't warn you.

Hmmm thats an interesting claim to make, from somebody who once said

Took me like 30 seconds to find it. You've got posts like this all through the forums. You are a notorious whiner and flamer. You bitched your ass off like the rest of the Kenshi community asking for buffs, now you have the hypocrisy to act all high and might when a community is only asking for bug fixes. LOL.

Quote me saying that please, rather than arguing a Strawman. How bout this, I'll quote myself saying what I did on the subject

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-tier-list-presented-by-yomi-rv1-0.53901/page-20#post-1799863 < link to the entire post

Bit of a stretch from "Oh Kenshi mains don't know how to play him properly, he's top 6 and I'll beat everyone who thinks otherwise". But what I actually said wouldn't work for your argument, so lets just rewrite it to suit aye?

You guys just go ahead and keep downplaying, and inventing arguments. And whenever someone calls you out about the answer is "play me online bro ill smash you", as though it somehow proves anything at all relevant to SZ needing fixes, or somehow proves your revisionist view of events, where the Kenshi community never complained once about needing buffs and just gracefully accepted them when they came :rolleyes:

I find it funny how you two behave on these forums. Insulting everyone with a different opinion, and not having the capability to realise the irony that is you two talking about other people communities and acting like asking for bug fixes is too much. You guys can keep up with the revisionist history, but this is a written forum, its kind of hard to sell this crap lol when I can just quote what was actually said.
Im on phone so i wont bother finding posts n quoting but in the first list you agreed to him being 6th, also said people sleeping on kenjutsu "thats where its at"and you also said you play kenjutsu kenshi as second lol so put the pieces together and im still not downplaying i think hes 8-12 but your posts are coming back to bite you :p

Anyway i want to see your match vs immortal what do you say?

Ryncage

Noob
Im on phone so i wont bother finding posts n quoting but in the first list you agreed to him being 6th, also said people sleeping on kenjutsu "thats where its at"and you also said you play kenjutsu kenshi as second lol so put the pieces together and im still not downplaying i think hes 8-12 but your posts are coming back to bite you :p

Anyway i want to see your match vs immortal what do you say?
"lol 1v1 him"

Thats really all you could come up with? That and an excuse to avoid citing sources while slinging steamy hot conjectures.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
"lol 1v1 him"

Thats really all you could come up with? That and an excuse to avoid citing sources while slinging steamy hot conjectures.
Im back in history class having to cite sources. If you cant see the hostily in the man every time he posts regarding kenshi players buffs/Downplaying and sub zero bugs and nerfs you'll find what it all comes down to.

And yes Id rather see 1vs1 between these guys than seeing them argue over and over again quoting each other it'll never end this is a fighting game ffs if you wanna prove something prove it by playing.

Heck these guys could even play and talk about their differences in game much easier.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
Hahaha! This is stupid! He gets a better version of unbreakable sub zero's chip trait, reptile's invisibility, kitanas air fans, takeda's kunai, basically takeda's range (b22)-- albeit mid, grandmaster subzero's ice clone, kenshi's jump 2, what I'm starting to think is the best NJP in the game (it beats Takedas on reaction), clearly the best damage for one bar in the game, terrifying corner mind games, mk9 smokes juggle (212), Lex Luthor's ex probes (ex bf2), the list goes on and on... You'd think this character was ermac how many characters are stuffed into the one. I'd say that this character has far too many of the tools that make other characters variations unique-- in all three variations... Why play anyone else really?? He invalidates half the cast.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Hahaha! This is stupid! He gets a better version of unbreakable sub zero's chip trait, reptile's invisibility, kitanas air fans, takeda's kunai, basically takeda's range (b22)-- albeit mid, grandmaster subzero's ice clone, kenshi's jump 2, what I'm starting to think is the best NJP in the game (it beats Takedas on reaction), clearly the best damage for one bar in the game, terrifying corner mind games, mk9 smokes juggle (212), Lex Luthor's ex probes (ex bf2), the list goes on and on... You'd think this character was ermac how many characters are stuffed into the one. I'd say that this character has far too many of the tools that make other characters variations unique-- in all three variations... Why play anyone else really?? He invalidates half the cast.
Yeah he has a lot going for him its the way of nrs some always end up with so many tools. At least he's cool thou id rather see predator dominate than tanya.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Im back in history class having to cite sources. If you cant see the hostily in the man every time he posts regarding kenshi players buffs/Downplaying and sub zero bugs and nerfs you'll find what it all comes down to.

And yes Id rather see 1vs1 between these guys than seeing them argue over and over again quoting each other it'll never end this is a fighting game ffs if you wanna prove something prove it by playing.

Heck these guys could even play and talk about their differences in game much easier.
This pretty much.

My offer to him still stands - 1on1 MM, FT5 or FT10. Gonna stream it. Lets see how great he is in actual game, coz he sure talk big.

And i don't want to talk with him in game, i just just want to beat the shit out of him. :>

Yeah he has a lot going for him its the way of nrs some always end up with so many tools. At least he's cool thou id rather see predator dominate than tanya.
That won't last long thou, it's the same story all over again. As soon as his prime time in selling passes NRS will normalize him just like they did so many times before (in MK atleast, IGAU was a bit different).

Last edited:

INFJ

(I)ntroverted, i(N)tuitive, (F)eeling, (J)udging
I can see where you're coming from; It's like Human Smoke invalidating Scorpion in UMK3. People have their preferences and personally, I like Sub-Zero because of his character and history compared to Predator (a bit cheesy in my opinion) but I'm sure there are people who like Predator so I think it's all about personal taste. I still use Sub-Zero and haven't even touched Predator yet. :3

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
My offer to him still stands - 1on1 MM, FT5 or FT10. Gonna stream it. Lets see how great he is in actual game, coz he sure talk big.

And i don't want to talk with him in game, i just just want to beat the shit out of him. :>
So sick of reading this nonsense, so let's just dead this shit once and for all so you can stop with the ridiculous posturing. I'll break it down.

Let's just hypothetically go through the motions here, before we actually do this.

Assuming everything you predict happening happens, you flawless victory me, I suck balls, I'm the worst player you've ever tea bagged etc etc.

What exactly does this prove? How does this have any bearing at all on the fact SZ needs bug fixes? How does this have any bearing on the statements you make being highly hypocritical? When has my argument ever been that I'm some god at this game, when have I EVER talked big? I've simply said you are downplaying, rude, aggressive, wildly and embarrassingly hypocritical and in general one of the worst posters on these forums. The fact that you rely on 1v1'ing online to redirect the focus of the argument to something completely insubstantial, does more to support this than anything else.

But forgetting all this for a second, let's pretend that everything you make up me saying IS what I said (I'd love you to go back and quote any of this "big talk towards you" that I somehow have to defend btw). But lets recount what I've already said on the subject, the last time you challenged me to one of your ego fuelled honor duels - how?

I live in Australia. You live in Europe. This is upwards of 350 ping, on a game with a perfect net code, which MKX does not even come close to having. I have an excellent internet connection one of the best speeds available in my entire country, yet games fail after about 30 seconds when I connect with people in west coast US, a place MUCH closer to me where the ping on a well built game averages 100-150 depending on distance.

I've said this before, yet you ignored it and keep throwing out this challenge, BECAUSE YOU KNOW ITS AN EMPTY ONE.

There is no chance of a fight, and assuming there even was one, you want to pick Kenshi against Sub-Zero, one of the most slanted match ups he has, you want to do in unplayably laggy conditions something that massively benefits Kenshi, and you think at the end of all this, if you win it somehow proves that Sub Zero doesn't need fixes and our community is all whiners?

So how about this, I accept your challenge. Except I'm upping the stakes, and making it so that the results can actually make sense to the context of your argument. Reverse Rules. You play my character, I play yours - Grandmaster vs Balanced, you know my only real playtime is with Kenjutsu. If SZ is so fine, and we are all whiners, and this match up is fair, and you are such a better player than me, than it shouldn't be a problem for you to just kick my ass playing Kenshi right? This way, it can actually support what you are saying. I mean, YOMIs tier list that you just quoted as being accurate for Kenshi and Sub, has Sub-Zero 3 spots higher than Kenshi. This should be an absolute walk in the park for you.

Let's do this bro :):joker::x:x:x

Last edited:

Ryncage

Noob
So how about this, I accept your challenge. Except I'm upping the stakes, and making it so that the results can actually make sense to the context of your argument. Reverse Rules. You play my character, I play yours - Grandmaster vs Balanced, you know my only real experience is with Kenjutsu. If SZ is so fine, we are all whiners, this match up is incredibly fair, and you are such a better player than me, than it shouldn't be a problem for you to just kick my ass playing Kenshi right? This way, it can actually support what you are saying. I mean, YOMIs tier list that you just quoted as being accurate for Kenshi and Sub, has Sub-Zero 3 spots higher than Kenshi. This should be an absolute walk in the park for you.

What? play the character he knows so much about but never touches? That character he knows is OP and needs moves that function incorrectly to balance it out? The know all end all BE ALL of sub zeros?
you ask too much sir. He would much rather continue to shitpost.

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master
I will fight for Subby Z's honor... I am god trash tier at mkx but I will fight the good fight as long as I must with my broken clone of despair and unsafe 50/50's. I will up play the downplay and downplay the up play / for it is honorable to win or lose with broken clones in the Lin Kuei... Come at me bros lol

Immortal

Blind justice....
So sick of reading this nonsense, so let's just dead this shit once and for all so you can stop with the ridiculous posturing. I'll break it down.

Let's just hypothetically go through the motions here, before we actually do this.

Assuming everything you predict happening happens, you flawless victory me, I suck balls, I'm the worst player you've ever tea bagged etc etc.

What exactly does this prove? How does this have any bearing at all on the fact SZ needs bug fixes? How does this have any bearing on the statements you make being highly hypocritical? When has my argument ever been that I'm some god at this game, when have I EVER talked big? I've simply said you are downplaying, rude, aggressive, wildly and embarrassingly hypocritical and in general one of the worst posters on these forums. The fact that you rely on 1v1'ing online to redirect the focus of the argument to something completely insubstantial, does more to support this than anything else.
Sorry but youre just an ignorant "fool" who bends words and facts for his needs.

Im going to try to make you understand, for the last time:

- I spoke about Kenshi needing buff only few times overall, mostly in response to (very small number of) people who said he was fine

- It's not even comparable to what is going on with SZ players complaining everyday in threads that had nothing to do with him in the first place

- i never said that Sub Zero doesn't need fixing

- you started this here (in this thread) by quoting me where i even didn't say anything to you

- you upplayed Kenshi, saying top 6 is right, this is just not true, it's not even a mater of opinion, he just isn't that good, never was that's a fact

But forgetting all this for a second, let's pretend that everything you make up me saying IS what I said (I'd love you to go back and quote any of this "big talk towards you" that I somehow have to defend btw). But lets recount what I've already said on the subject, the last time you challenged me to one of your ego fuelled honor duels - how?

I live in Australia. You live in Europe. This is upwards of 350 ping, on a game with a perfect net code, which MKX does not even come close to having. I have an excellent internet connection one of the best speeds available in my entire country, yet games fail after about 30 seconds when I connect with people in west coast US, a place MUCH closer to me where the ping on a well built game averages 100-150 depending on distance.

I've said this before, yet you ignored it and keep throwing out this challenge, BECAUSE YOU KNOW ITS AN EMPTY ONE.

There is no chance of a fight, and assuming there even was one, you want to pick Kenshi against Sub-Zero, one of the most slanted match ups he has, you want to do in unplayably laggy conditions something that massively benefits Kenshi, and you think at the end of all this, if you win it somehow proves that Sub Zero doesn't need fixes and our community is all whiners?
I don't recall you writing to me anywhere that you live in Australia. Please do quote that, coz im pretty sure you never said that to me.

And who said i would go with Kenshi vs Sub Zero? No, no, no i wouldn't give you the ability to say after that you lost coz of bad MU. I would pick somebody else vs Sub Zero. Also who said you have to play Sub Zero vs Kenshi? You can pick whoever you want for all i care.

So how about this, I accept your challenge. Except I'm upping the stakes, and making it so that the results can actually make sense to the context of your argument. Reverse Rules. You play my character, I play yours - Grandmaster vs Balanced, you know my only real playtime is with Kenjutsu. If SZ is so fine, and we are all whiners, and this match up is fair, and you are such a better player than me, than it shouldn't be a problem for you to just kick my ass playing Kenshi right? This way, it can actually support what you are saying. I mean, YOMIs tier list that you just quoted as being accurate for Kenshi and Sub, has Sub-Zero 3 spots higher than Kenshi. This should be an absolute walk in the park for you.

Why would i play Sub Zero character which i don't play at all? (Beside lab for punishing purposes) This sounds like an excuse, like i said i would pick somebody else vs your SZ so you wouldn't use Kenshi as an excuse after match. But meh Australia, that not gonna happen, if you can't play vs people in USA then there is nothing to talk here.

Just stay out of my topics/posts, especially that i do not speak to you nor quote you before you start talking to me and we gonna be good.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
So you challenged me to a match, claimed that I'd make a bunch of excuses, and then when I accept it, you make a bunch of excuses? Got it.

Immortal

Blind justice....
So you challenged me to a match, claimed that I'd make a bunch of excuses, and then when I accept it, you make a bunch of excuses? Got it.
Are u insane?

We can try, no problems its just obvious we won't be able to play since you live in Australia, lol. Something you didn't tell me before thou you claimed otherwise.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Well. This thread has officially derailed. I urge you all, for the second time, to please reread the entire OP. Thanks.

Last edited:

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
This pretty much.

That won't last long thou, it's the same story all over again. As soon as his prime time in selling passes NRS will normalize him just like they did so many times before (in MK atleast, IGAU was a bit different).
habibi beating him/her? will not proving anything beside that you are a better player than him, try to reason and argue like a gentleman, and don't be a jabroni, that is all.

omooba

fear the moobs
Are you saying predator does not have 50/50s?

122 is a three hit string with the final hit being an overhead. you can cancel the last hit into EX trap. that's about as true a 50/50 as you can ask for. not to mention that either of those go into full combo for 30+% damage, where SZ's 50/50's go for 20 or less midscreen.
the important word there is "ex". he needs meter for his 50/50. and don't act like sub doesn't get 47-49 in the corner of his 50/50. and it's definatey easier to get out of the corner against predator, for now [insert predator laugh]

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I haven't read through the thread but I would say I highly dpubt he does. I also haven't been able to play predator yet qnd probably wont until after evo so everything I say could be bullshit so take it as you will.

There have been trap characters before and none of them cause the same footsies problems Sub does. Clone just makes footsies not matter for the opponent because they can't play footsies until it's gone. Another part of it is just how versatile clone is this time around, it stops a projectile, it freezes, it extends combos, it enhances shatter, it is it's own projectile and just like always it very much dictates the pace of the match.

Take Reptile for example he has some really good footsies normals this time around but once clone is out he really can't do much.
The whip hits of Takeda's f1 2+4 and f12 2+4, break through the clone and hit subzero so Takeda's footsie game isn't as threatened by clones. Takeda takes giant footsteps toward the opponent though and will probably get caught in predators trap. It's all very interesting.

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
The whip hits of Takeda's f1 2+4 and f12 2+4, break through the clone and hit subzero so Takeda's footsie game isn't as threatened by clones. Takeda takes giant footsteps toward the opponent though and will probably get caught in predators trap. It's all very interesting.
Slightly off topic but unbreakable sub can parry those