What's new

General/Other - Sub-Zero Does Predator Invalidate Sub-Zero?

Does Predator Invalidate Sub-Zero

• No

Votes: 58 38.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 47 31.1%
  • Too early too tell

Votes: 46 30.5%

• Total voters

EmoScoobyDoo

Maybe I'll have something to say ... Probably not
I haven't read through the thread but I would say I highly dpubt he does. I also haven't been able to play predator yet qnd probably wont until after evo so everything I say could be bullshit so take it as you will.

There have been trap characters before and none of them cause the same footsies problems Sub does. Clone just makes footsies not matter for the opponent because they can't play footsies until it's gone. Another part of it is just how versatile clone is this time around, it stops a projectile, it freezes, it extends combos, it enhances shatter, it is it's own projectile and just like always it very much dictates the pace of the match.

Take Reptile for example he has some really good footsies normals this time around but once clone is out he really can't do much.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Man this thread is great. :D

Coming from one of the loudest crybaby's on this site? The guy who spent the opening month of the game talking about how unplayably bad Kenshi is, plz mommy NRS buff my main? All SZ players want is bug fixes, you couldn't even play this game with a working character lol

You lose hard everytime you try this shit man, for your own sake just back out now , I don't wanna have to brutality you again :rolleyes:

Wigy

There it is...
aaaaand the subzero community has embarassed themselves again

for the 17th time

this week

Immortal

Blind justice....
Coming from one of the loudest crybaby's on this site? The guy who spent the opening month of the game talking about how unplayably bad Kenshi is, plz mommy NRS buff my main? All SZ players want is bug fixes, you couldn't even play this game with a working character lol

You lose hard everytime you try this shit man, for your own sake just back out now , I don't wanna have to brutality you again :rolleyes:
GTFO.

"Never" cried about Kenshi needing buffs, not even 1/100 of some SZ player atm.

Get your facts straight and don't quote me with your shitposting.

Also you can dream of "brutality me". Your understanding of the game based on your posting is pretty limited so the best you can do is ... write shit to get fake attention (which very little people here give you anyway, coz they already "know you").

You're just a scrub on which i wasted way to much time actually, like many other waaaaaaay better players then you already said here "just ignore him".

But hey if you wanna prove something im down for MM in MK X with you. Even online. :> Gonna stream it and record it just so we can all enjoy how great you're in the game on which subject you have so much (yet very little) to say. If not, don't pick a fight with me, don't quote me, stay the ... out of me. Coz for me and many other here you're a scrub, who constantly tries to prove on TYM he matters. FYI you don't. EOT.

Last edited:

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
I don't think Predator Invalidates Sub-Zero. I think the mind set behind the traps, is very similar and will complement players who already have that mind set. But they play differently, and can cover each other pretty well.

Ryncage

Noob

for the 17th time

this week
Im just glad you cant get over it and have to constantly drop in the sz subforum to shitpost.
On a more related note:
Pred hunter is basically a working subzero kit without wakeups. I'd take that tradeoff. Even if the nerfbat strikes and takes 15% off every string and trap vanishes on block, id still pick him over sub because his ex functionality isnt "designed" to work on rng.

Wigy

There it is...
Im just glad you cant get over it and have to constantly drop in the sz subforum to shitpost.
On a more related note:
Pred hunter is basically a working subzero kit without wakeups. I'd take that tradeoff. Even if the nerfbat strikes and takes 15% off every string and trap vanishes on block, id still pick him over sub because his ex functionality isnt "designed" to work on rng.
If you guys stop turning literally every character discussion with buffs for sub pls pls pls. Then maybe i'll not shit in one of your 3948 complaint threads thats constantly on the forum top page.

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I dont know anything about either, but i feel that Subzero can handled being bullied better. i also feel that the characters maybe similar, but their neutral seems very different. I feel that Sub plays a more patent grounded game with his clone, and predz wants to get a hit and then trap you.
I kinda see this as comparing apples to oranges, but thats an opinion out of ignorance on both of these characters.

Ryncage

Noob
If you guys stop turning literally every character discussion with buffs for sub pls pls pls. Then maybe i'll not shit in one of your 3948 complaint threads thats constantly on the forum top page.
Yeah but how buttflustered you get over it isn't really a bug deal. That you devote so much time to parroting the same "stop disliking what i like" arguement is rather hysterical. It isnt going to stop anyone from being angry over blatently ignored issues.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah but how buttflustered you get over it isn't really a bug deal. That you devote so much time to parroting the same "stop disliking what i like" arguement is rather hysterical. It isnt going to stop anyone from being angry over blatently ignored issues.
I can't even be bothered explaining why you're wrong. But there is a reason the sub community has the worst reputation by far

Ryncage

Noob
I dont know anything about either, but i feel that Subzero can handled being bullied better. i also feel that the characters maybe similar, but their neutral seems very different. I feel that Sub plays a more patent grounded game with his clone, and predz wants to get a hit and then trap you.
I kinda see this as comparing apples to oranges, but thats an opinion out of ignorance on both of these characters.
Your half right.
Sub definitely has better wakeup options, and slide has a lot more utility than bf4 on pred. (Armor and going under projectiles and high attacks] but clone getting shattered by projectiles is offset by preds trap staying on block. Pred also has one of subs unbreakable tools in the same kit as traps. (Cloak)
A handful of wakeup options doesnt put sub on the same level as pred considering all the downsides.

JDM

Noob
SZ has some of the best normals in the game, great reversals (ice bomb thing is seriously ridiculous, hitbox is broken as fuck), a good projectile that wins every trade, and his ice clone is great too.

Predator is good but I don't think he's as good as sub. Everyone's just jumping to conclusions so fast.

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast

for the 17th time

this week
habibi, what's with all the hatred against sub kommunity? did sub raep your char? did sub break your char's back and make him humble?

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I highly doubt you have the same level of knowledge or exp as some of the better SZ players. I think they would know GM just a bit better as they continued to use him at high level. I learned F/T but you dont see me telling those players anything because I dont consider myself expert enough besides an "on paper" breakdown like you just did.

I have no doubt you know how to play GM, I just doubt that you have the same level of exp to say in no way is Predator Hunter variation similar or better.
have you had matchup experiance using hunter against the whole roster....? have you put in enough time in the lab? do you know every move that goes through each string? do you know every opening that predator has?

i get what your saying tom, but honestly you don't have the experience with Hunter Pred to make such claims.

im finding more and more openings to each of his setups. and setups are what they are. situational and not always executable in real time situations... until we learn more

Last edited:

rza

Noob
ice clone plus 50/50 nuff said. don't be a tom brady
Are you saying predator does not have 50/50s?

122 is a three hit string with the final hit being an overhead. you can cancel the last hit into EX trap. that's about as true a 50/50 as you can ask for. not to mention that either of those go into full combo for 30+% damage, where SZ's 50/50's go for 20 or less midscreen.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
GTFO.

Also you can dream of "brutality me". Your understanding of the game based on your posting is pretty limited so the best you can do is ... write shit to get fake attention (which very little people here give you anyway, coz they already "know you").

You're just a scrub on which i wasted way to much time actually, like many other waaaaaaay better players then you already said here "just ignore him".

But hey if you wanna prove something im down for MM in MK X with you. Even online. :> Gonna stream it and record it just so we can all enjoy how great you're in the game on which subject you have so much (yet very little) to say. If not, don't pick a fight with me, don't quote me, stay the ... out of me. Coz for me and many other here you're a scrub, who constantly tries to prove on TYM he matters. FYI you don't. EOT.
But sub zeros bugged that wouldn't be fair bro. But wait, he'll beat you with his kenjutsu which is secretly top 6 and kenshi mains cant use correctly but oh he's got it down just wait...

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
KK don't say I didn't warn you.

GTFO.

Hmmm thats an interesting claim to make, from somebody who once said
GTFO.

Kenshi is shit, no matter if Pig gonna place high (he already did make it in top 32 losers, co z he's a good player) or not. Kenshi is bad and really needs buff. That is all.
Took me like 30 seconds to find it. You've got posts like this all through the forums. You are a notorious whiner and flamer. You bitched your ass off like the rest of the Kenshi community asking for buffs, now you have the hypocrisy to act all high and might when a community is only asking for bug fixes. LOL.

But sub zeros bugged that wouldn't be fair bro. But wait, he'll beat you with his kenjutsu which is secretly top 6 and kenshi mains cant use correctly but oh he's got it down just wait...
Quote me saying that please, rather than arguing a Strawman. How bout this, I'll quote myself saying what I did on the subject

I can respect those opinions, quite thoroughly. 8-12, fair enough. Not too much of a far cry, for a character that hasn't had a big competitive impact (yet). I think Kenjutsu is definitely think he's just outside the top 5 as a character however, I'd go 6-8 personally
http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-tier-list-presented-by-yomi-rv1-0.53901/page-20#post-1799863 < link to the entire post

Bit of a stretch from "Oh Kenshi mains don't know how to play him properly, he's top 6 and I'll beat everyone who thinks otherwise". But what I actually said wouldn't work for your argument, so lets just rewrite it to suit aye?

You guys just go ahead and keep downplaying, and inventing arguments. And whenever someone calls you out about the answer is "play me online bro ill smash you", as though it somehow proves anything at all relevant to SZ needing fixes, or somehow proves your revisionist view of events, where the Kenshi community never complained once about needing buffs and just gracefully accepted them when they came :rolleyes:

I find it funny how you two behave on these forums. Insulting everyone with a different opinion, and not having the capability to realise the irony that is you two talking about other people communities and acting like asking for bug fixes is too much. You guys can keep up with the revisionist history, but this is a written forum, its kind of hard to sell this crap lol when I can just quote what was actually said.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Took me like 30 seconds to find it. You've got posts like this all through the forums. You are a notorious whiner. You bitched your ass off like the rest of the Kenshi community asking for buffs, now you have the hypocrisy to act all high and might when a community is only asking for bug fixes. LOL.
Are you blind or just ....?

"NEVER" did you missed the " "? You will find like few more of those and like i wrote it's not 1/100 of SZ players crying now.

Kenshi never was top 6, never will be (unless there is more buffs incoming, which we can live without). That was just atrioucious upplaying. Check YOMI tier list V2 for correct Kenshi placement.

Suntan Superman

Never outshine the Master

Hmmm thats an interesting claim to make, from somebody who once said

Took me like 30 seconds to find it. You've got posts like this all through the forums. You are a notorious whiner and flamer. You bitched your ass off like the rest of the Kenshi community asking for buffs, now you have the hypocrisy to act all high and might when a community is only asking for bug fixes. LOL.

Quote me saying that please, rather than arguing a Strawman. How bout this, I'll quote myself saying what I did on the subject

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mkx-tier-list-presented-by-yomi-rv1-0.53901/page-20#post-1799863 < link to the entire post

Bit of a stretch from "Oh Kenshi mains don't know how to play him properly, he's top 6 and I'll beat everyone who thinks otherwise". But what I actually said wouldn't work for your argument, so lets just rewrite it to suit aye?

You guys just go ahead and keep downplaying, and inventing arguments. And whenever someone calls you out about the answer is "play me online bro ill smash you", as though it somehow proves anything at all relevant to SZ needing fixes, or somehow proves your revisionist view of events, where the Kenshi community never complained once about needing buffs and just gracefully accepted them when they came :rolleyes:

I find it funny how you two behave on these forums. Insulting everyone with a different opinion, and not having the capability to realise the irony that is you two talking about other people communities and acting like asking for bug fixes is too much. You guys can keep up with the revisionist history, but this is a written forum, its kind of hard to sell this crap lol when I can just quote what was actually said.
*drops the mic....lol