What's new

General/Other Does Grundy Make You Want to Rage Quit?

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
grundys chain grabs and swag ass combos are not hard to watch:mad: i find superman, green lantern, sinestro, killer frost, batman the joker , harley quinn , hawkgirl hard to watch maybe a few others bunch of girly men trying oh so hard to run away thats hard to watch at least watchin grundy you get to see combos .. not derp lazers over and over

Some people online just seem to not want to learn match ups when they start getting bodied. I was playing GL online yesterday in ranked (easier for me to just hit search match than find a lobby with consistant good ping sadly). And sometimes even as early as landing my intiail B&B i'll have people rage quit rather than try and figure it out. People will sadly allways quit online or rage. I try and see it as each game gives you a oppertunity to learn something. A loss is never a bad thing as long as you come away from it knowing something new or can at least take something away.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Grundy doesn't have any advantage vs ares, and surely he isn't low.
Who are the top players who main only grundy and did well in tournaments?
Dab from the Vegas Crew did really well with only Grundy at Vindication. I believe he made top 8 but I would need clarification MITDJT (would tag dab but don't know his tag on here lol).

Grundy's mu are extremely bad against pretty much every top tier, and pretty good against some of the worst characters (shazam, flash, lobo, bane).

Even if he does extreme damage in his combos, he is not viable imho and you will probably never see anyone win a major or place high using only him (hope i'm wrong about this).

That said, making people ragequit because of pain chain is great
Bane, worst character? Don't make me laugh son.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I dont see Grundy as a threat whatsoever. Maybe because I main Mermaidman....

Dude, I wouldn't mind the rage quits at all if it weren't for that fucking glitch that gives you a loss. I don't want to be a stat whore or anything, but it's harder to get quality matches with good players if they see your record isn't quite as good as theirs. Fuck, I bet I have over 150 rage quits. :-(

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
he almost got top 8, actually got tied 9th, but he played a super solid grundy. He should be in the archives of the tournament, you can find them on the thread made about the tournament.
Damn alright, thanks for clearing that up man, I've seen his footage already and was really impressed by it. I hope he sticks with him haha.

SLy

Noob
It's really quite simple. People are stupid and they are entirely too fixated on their success and statistics without giving thought on how to improve their game. If I loose a match I'm intrigued and I want to try different things to see if I can manage to win. I've played maybe 10 matches in a row with CatWoman versus Superman and he destroyed me constantly. But I was getting better and in the end he still won but barely. Sadly my opponent seemed to get bored and left the session but those 10 losses were investments and future opponents will have to pay the price. It seems however that the average player isn't interested to learn the game and get better at it. They simply want to win no matter how and if they think they can't manage to beat someone they leave and rather look for an easier target to exploit. That's just seems to be the nature of man (or kids more likely).

Grundy however has an additional problem. If he grapples you are doomed to watch 10 or more seconds without any chance to do anything about it. In a fast and reaction based fighting game this is just very bad design and severely breaks the flow of the experience. If he grapples you two times in a row you are just sitting there for nearly half a minute doing nothing and that just isn't fun. It's boring and frustrating. People are also used to block to avoid attacks and Grundy obviously exploits this. For some players this will seem as though they have no chance to do anything about it. The armored corpse walk further enforces this feeling of helplessness. As an opponent if you don't know the match-up and are not familiar with Grundy then he seems like the cheapest (on par with DeathStroke) character in the game and people don't want to put up with that.

Nothing you can do about it. There is a little psychological trick however. If you loose the first game then players will usually stay for another three matches on average. If you grind them into the ground in the first match they will certainly leave the match. What I tend to do is simple. I pick a character I'm unfamiliar with to fool around a bit or I try unconventional silly tactics with my main characters. So I learn something but usually loose. After that I can play the way I want without the opponent leaving immediately. It's much faster to loose the first game instead of searching for a new opponent after 1 fight.
Actually bro.. Its simpler than this quote..

Just play people on TYM.. Get some Gamertags and play people on TYM!.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Anytime I run into a player that uses a character that isn't the most common, them doing good against me actually puts a smile on my face. I don't get salty at all. I love it.

Who could rage against Grundy? Like seriously! Just watching the dude fight is fun in itself.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
The whole game makes me want to rage quit :

Grundy unclashable hour long chain grabs

Aquaman breaking combos for no reason

Derpstroke full screen "zoning"

Stupid doomsday pressure

Raven "I win " button .

Batman " now you can't push buttons" trait

Nightwing corner staff pressure.

Cyborg " lol now you're playing Gradius"

Killer fucking frost fucking slide fucking

But I still love the game :)

[quote="Obanye, post: 859321, member: 13711"Raven "I win " button .[/quote]
i don't have too much experience vs raven but what is this "i win" button?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
I don't believe that either, but thats what everyone assumes.

I haven't seen any grundy players win tournament, but the game is only out for a month. I might be wrong but i just think its absurd to drop your main already after a month, because a tierlist says hes bad or some ppl on the internet think hes not viable.
agreed man.its weird,people have none stop told me I'm tier whoring because I playing aquaman but I did say about 6 weeks before the game came out I was going to main him despite how shit he was going to be because his play style reminds me of nightwolf,tridant stab is like nws b111.scoop Is like axe and sheild is like reflect.i think people should give their characters a chance,like you said the games a month old for fucksake.

Awake

Noob
The whole game makes me want to rage quit :

Grundy unclashable hour long chain grabs

Aquaman breaking combos for no reason

Derpstroke full screen "zoning"

Stupid doomsday pressure

Raven "I win " button .

Batman " now you can't push buttons" trait

Nightwing corner staff pressure.

Cyborg " lol now you're playing Gradius"

Killer fucking frost fucking slide fucking

But I still love the game :)
Noob spotted! :eek:

But seriously ive played well over 600 games online most of which were with grundy, the others catwoman. And i find that people ragequit more often against my grundy, but also against my catwoman. I'm pretty sure its the simple fact people dont like getting completely mauled, and not 'getting a chance to play'(when blocking isnt an option Kappa). I can see how the grab could annoy because it does take a long time, but what are we 5 years old, Ragequitting because a move takes too long? Im not buying it. I feel people online see grundy as a "scrub" character and dont respect his game at all, causing them to rage quit when they get blown up.

People are always complaining about how much damage grundy does, but instead of asking 'why is this doing so much damage?' you should be asking yourself 'how did i get hit by a 30 frame move?'. Grundy, being the slowest character in the game across the board, (specials, normals, jump) really has to earn his hits. And to the people who say grundy benefits from lag more than other characters makes me laugh; the slowest moves in the game being made slower by input delay - benefits the slow character? The fact of the matter is lag hurts every character, but if it benefits anyone i would say its the characters with FAST moves as opposed to SLOW moves as there is less time to react, and even less with lag.

Bottom line most players online dont really know how to play, and are just mashing, or playing auto pilot and dont like it when the things they are trying to do over and over get blown up constantly and therefor they feel they dont get to play, leading to the ragequit.

Okay so I main Grundy, and past 10 player matches in a row, my opponents all Rage quit, in a row. What do you do about this problem? (As in, a general question about whether people just simply quit playing online at all, or they take it to survival or what...) I'm tired of getting losses >.>

Also, I have to say, Rage Quit issue is new to me, due to not checking my player match stats often, just noticed I got 10 losses in a row for those Rage quits.

I'm assuming this has been discussed before.
I don't mind facing grundy, then again, I usually play Green Arrow so that might be it. Grundy's walking corpse setups don't work well on Green Arrow and Grundy has a really hard time pinning him down.

Nerubian

Noob
i don't have too much experience vs raven but what is this "i win" button?
Indeed, I play Raven so I would like to know lol.[/quote]

Because people not blocking Soul Crush, jumping and dashing around like idiots is Raven's 'iwin' button. Oh, you whiffed a move? Soul Crush at 1/2 screen "FUCK I WAS BLOCKING MY WIFFED MOVE THATS STILL IN ACTIVE FRAMES"

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I never rage quit....
If the match is unplayable due to lag.. I'm not talking occasional spike or even a general sluggishness.. I'm talking- it's like playing underwater.. Strange in these conditions.. People tend to be 1 of 3 characters.. 1) Deathstroke, 2) Sinestro, 3) Grundy.

When I hit down and do not duck, hit up and do not jump, and the only 3 things they use are 1) rifle, 2) fear blast, 3) trait button.. I will just stand in my corner.. Hold down and just keep hitting switch stance over and over making my Harley Quinn dance... At least I can enjoy the view..

Also, I find it opposite,.. I have more Grundy's quit on my.. On opponent went as far as to say.. Him: "I'm sick of all you fucking Zoners today"
Me: "...................."

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
I never rage quit....
If the match is unplayable due to lag.. I'm not talking occasional spike or even a general sluggishness.. I'm talking- it's like playing underwater.. Strange in these conditions.. People tend to be 1 of 3 characters.. 1) Deathstroke, 2) Sinestro, 3) Grundy.

When I hit down and do not duck, hit up and do not jump, and the only 3 things they use are 1) rifle, 2) fear blast, 3) trait button.. I will just stand in my corner.. Hold down and just keep hitting switch stance over and over making my Harley Quinn dance... At least I can enjoy the view..

Also, I find it opposite,.. I have more Grundy's quit on my.. On opponent went as far as to say.. Him: "I'm sick of all you fucking Zoners today"
Me: "...................."
Out of like 500 matches online, I have seen like 3 Sinestros like ever.

Always Superman/Aquaman/Deathstroke/Frost/Adam with the occasional Lantern