What's new

Strategy Does Electric Arrow have any use?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Here's what is found with electric so far

-Same chip as fire arrow
-Electric arrow on hit grants free arrow load
-D1 electric arrow on hit is a free - b3 attempt(opponent can't jump or press button)
-from full screen you can get the 50/50 with overhead/low electric arrow
-diagnoal up electric arrow into b3 as AA

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Just to add to this.

Off d1 (close range) electric you also get a free f2d1 string or (at any range) dash in d1/223.

Off f2d1 electric he has other options besides b3. You can dash in and get a free d1 whatever or 223.

When people start respecting those options it opens up a lot more possibilities.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I combo with electric all day. Load elec arrow, 1134, ji2, 223-hurricane bow. Its nice cuz u dont get the damage nerf that you get with ice. Its good for stunning in air to extend combos.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
1134 b.3 works too. You can sink almost 40% doing it.
j.2 1134 b.3 j.3 22xxd.f.1 is 37% meterless

D

Deleted member 9158

it's faster than his other arrows? I don't know actually, I use him casually

*leaves thread*

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I think Glue got it right when he said 3/4 screen overheads, I love that shit.

Still haven't found a use for them up close.

D

Deleted member 28105

Does anyone else prefer zoning with electric arrows? They are significantly faster, do suitable amounts of damage and can be used as a 50/50 tool from 3/4 screen. I feel like fire arrows are much easier to block, and because of their speed, they don't compare in full screen situations.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Does anyone else prefer zoning with electric arrows? They are significantly faster, do suitable amounts of damage and can be used as a 50/50 tool from 3/4 screen. I feel like fire arrows are much easier to block, and because of their speed, they don't compare in full screen situations.
It depends on the situation. I say if you want to close the distance use electric. If you just want damage and versatility use the fire arrows.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I do actually quite like electric arrow in the corner. On hit you can really use the advantage to full effect and get the corner grind going. On hit, do b13 confirm, if blocked you're at massive advantage and at a nice little bit of space to mix them up with.