What's new

Strategy Does Electric Arrow have any use?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I've tried and tried to come up with a practical use for electric arrows that justify stocking them over the other 2 types, but I just can't find anything. I thought maybe its use comes from the corner, but as usual the payoff is vastly less than ice arrow and push block destroys any corner potential they have.

Some things I was working on was b13 on block into the arrow mixup in the corner, as on hit you can combo off it and on block you can choose to either take the +15 advantage or use the arrow to catch them pressing buttons after and put them back into a pressure situation but this has limited potential because of the massive pushback on b13. The inability to combo off b2 with electric arrows also puts me off them in the corner.

Then I thought, maybe being able to use them to make your opponent respect d1 in the corner more than once, but fire arrow does that better and allows for a combo as well.

Midscreen all i've found for it is a make-shift anti air and a small combo off of F2D13.

Its uses are overshadowed by both fire and ice arrow, and the only thing I can think if that perhaps the way it hits and opponent whilst airborne that leaves them hanging could be useful but idk.

TD;LR Does anyone have a a decent use for electric arrow?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I always imagined them being useful for getting in or something. The extra hitstun could be useful there, and they're the fastest arrows GA has, am I correct?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Electric Arrow works better as AA up close, gives you time for a B3 well timed.
There is also 113~Electric Arrow into B3, the problem with this is that standing 1 whiffs a lot, so normaly GA mains hardly use it.

I use more to zoning or Fake Zoning into pressure or footsie, combo from it is hard against characters where GA will need to get his damage from a D1~Ice Arrow most of the time, but they're good to pressure, AA and Fake zoning, and to disturb the opponent zoning sometimes.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I always imagined them being useful for getting in or something. The extra hitstun could be useful there, and they're the fastest arrows GA has, am I correct?
It is, but I find ice arrow is best for getting in because it's so slow you can dash up behind it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know, but I don't have the actual frame data right here, and don't know it off the top of the head.
Electric Arrow are the fastest or travel at the same speed as fire arrows (not sure too lol, can't recall it right now)
And are good against water type pokemons
Nigglets included:tonyt

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
what the above said, i messed about using it as a frame trap as well...and even then its not that great, you can only end the arrow that keeps them standing so you're looking at 12% at the most to carry on frame traps, and still the spacing is different on some strings making the follow ups useless. its a waste in combos imo

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Electric arrows have the fastest travel speed, but on hit moves them about a 'forward dash' distance back.

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Electric arrows have the fastest travel speed, but on hit moves them about a 'forward dash' distance back.

no not after certain strings it doesnt for example, d1 and 11, you can follow up with b3 and f2 pretty safely and without moving

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Realistically, who gives a shit if they're hit with electric arrow compared to ice arrow? I certainly don't when I'm playing against a GA.The real thing i'm trying to get into here is, is there any STRATEGIC value to stocking this over ice arrow? Is there something that i've missed that someone else has discovered? When the threat of ice arrow is just so much more than electric arrow, is it just that NRS didn't fully think about the necessary function of this particular aspect of his trait, or is there some hidden tech waiting to be found?

EOTL

Situationally better zoning tool than fire arrows. Its because they have a faster travel speed and so jump diagonal down electric arrow covers more of the screen than fire arrow. Can be good if the opponent is camping certain interactables

EDIT: The horizontal travel speed is faster but the vertical drop isn't

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Realistically, who gives a shit if they're hit with electric arrow compared to ice arrow? I certainly don't when I'm playing against a GA.The real thing i'm trying to get into here is, is there any STRATEGIC value to stocking this over ice arrow? Is there something that i've missed that someone else has discovered? When the threat of ice arrow is just so much more than electric arrow, is it just that NRS didn't fully think about the necessary function of this particular aspect of his trait, or is there some hidden tech waiting to be found?

I use it when I want to play Defense against fast jumpers, since as was posted above it is the best one to shoot up and you get a b3 combo because of the float state they are in after being hit in the air.

THTB, start up on all arrows is the same the travel speed is, Slowest to fastest, Ice,Fire,Electric.

also, I haven't 100% tested, but I think you can actually hit an electric arrow full screen if you happen to freeze them full screen.

people just may get surprised when I do it though,

Ive hit ice arrow accidentally stocked electric as fast as possible and shot and hit, I'll have to test that tonight actually.

But yah, i use it as a defensive tool.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
If you end your juggle with 33 xx load electric arrow they have to respect the arrow and block if you shoot it right away. I use it too back people into the corner.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The electric arrow has the most range if you want to use it as an overhead. Also if you hit someone out of the air, whether it be with an air, ground or ground to air arrow electric arrow from pretty much anywhere on screen you can combo a 2nd electric arrow while they're falling.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Here's what is found with electric so far

-Same chip as fire arrow
-Electric arrow on hit grants free arrow load
-D1 electric arrow on hit is a free - b3 attempt(opponent can't jump or press button)
-from full screen you can get the 50/50 with overhead/low electric arrow
-diagnoal up electric arrow into b3 as AA

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ryu Gosling

When's Mahvel?
Until low arrows actually duck under high projectiles. Fire and Electric arrows lose a lot of their purpose. Being said...I like electric in my neutral game. You can overhead from 3/4ths screen with them....and some extra combo opportunities than can lead you into ice arrow loads.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It's good for 3/4 overheads.

I use them for continued pressure also, but only on hit. It's easy to land f2d13 4, 223 ice arrow also.

Try them in the corner, b2 d4 - F2d1d4, b2 DF2 etc.

they are the fastest traveling arrows for sure and have a large hitbox. I use them mostly to slow down zoners that won't let me in or when I want to stay on someone with continuous pressure. They work wonders against batman. when batman gets lame an electric arrow up his ass can slow down his zoning momentum and give you time to get in.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Electric Arrows have more of a forward angle than the other arrows not to mention they travel the furthest.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
Longer range overhead projectile. It's projectile mix up.
Ice for combos.
Electric for high/low projectiles.
Fire for telling Zoney McZonerson to stop it.