What's new

Does character walk-aways on loading screen mean there's no kombat kodes?

What would u like happen?

• Just character walk-aways

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Just kombat kodes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Character walk-aways and kombat kodes

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Options don't work online and are tedious offline, no one wants to have to go back in forth from modes to options to switch things on and off.

It's much better to just have the ability to toggle things at the loading screen like it's already like.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Options don't work online...
An empty assumption. In fact, online is much better place for them to shine since you two don't even have to agree on what to use.

...and are tedious offline, no one wants to have to go back in forth from modes to options to switch things on and off.
You can place checkboxes there somewhere then. In any case, there's no reason they are only available through this kind of interface and with arbitrary limit to number of options you can enable/disable.

One man's fun is another one's tedium (which is basically the opposite here) tbh, so I don't really see how one is better than another.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
An empty assumption. In fact, online is much better place for them to shine since you two don't even have to agree on what to use.
What do you mean by this? Kombat codes are random but they still almost always give you an even playing field. If you want unlimited meter both players get unlimited meter. It's not the same if you fight someone with fast uppercuts, and all you have is foreground objects off.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
What do you mean by this? Kombat codes are random but they still almost always give you an even playing field. If you want unlimited meter both players get unlimited meter. It's not the same if you fight someone with fast uppercuts, and all you have is foreground objects off.
What do you mean by random?
Speaking of even playing field, that's a must. When I was talking about "not having to agree" I meant things like no blood, DFO, rainbow combat and the like. Those that affect gameplay... Sigh, that's another can of worms there. I'll just say that I'm not fan of those. In any case, there are ways to make interface less unintuitive.

Bottom line is that I want to be able to use options that don't contradict each other together and I don't want things that are essentially graphics settings to depend on my opponent when there's no need to (like, online).

Current design of Kombat kodes won't allow that.