What's new

Question - Scorpion Does anyone still play Scorpion?

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Weird question to ask but I don't see many Scorpions on anymore. And is Inferno and Hellfire( They nerfed his pressure) still good? Just wondering might consider playing them. If anyone is on psn, and would like to help me, that would be cool

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Thanks for the tag @WiseM0nkey

Very few, he's still my main and I mainly use Hellfire. The pressure was nerfed along with the 214 string but you are still plus after most cancels but the most you'll ever be is +8 and most others are either +1 or +2.

Inferno wasn't directly nerfed but the 214 string certainly affected him, he recently got a speed increase on EX minion and Ninjutsu's damage was buffed quite significantly and his non-Ninjutsu F2 now crushes low attacks.

That's the quick and dirty on Scorpion, any other specific questions just shout.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
Thanks for the tag @WiseM0nkey

Very few, he's still my main and I mainly use Hellfire. The pressure was nerfed along with the 214 string but you are still plus after most cancels but the most you'll ever be is +8 and most others are either +1 or +2.

Inferno wasn't directly nerfed but the 214 string certainly affected him, he recently got a speed increase on EX minion and Ninjutsu's damage was buffed quite significantly and his non-Ninjutsu F2 now crushes low attacks.

That's the quick and dirty on Scorpion, any other specific questions just shout.
So I'm trying to learn some cancels with Scorpion. What are the correct strings to use. I'm using 214 fbrc (thought it was the basic). Which string should I be using? And I also put cassie cage flip kick on reversal , doesnt seem to be plus ):

JTB123

So I'm trying to learn some cancels with Scorpion. What are the correct strings to use. I'm using 214 fbrc (thought it was the basic). Which string should I be using? And I also put cassie cage flip kick on reversal , doesnt seem to be plus ):
214 is the best one to use if you're going to FBC it and it's +8 when done perfectly, if you want to test your timing set Cassie to reversal flip kick and get a D1 to jail afterwards. If she blocks it you've cancelled it properly, if you stuff it or she hits you that means you were late.

123 is still good for cancel pressure but is best used when you have flame aura active as that can tick armour so you have a higher chance of breaking through it. B3 and F3 when FBC'd are +1 which isn't great but does give you a safe launcher for no meter when done right.

F3 FBC on hit is great as it allows you to confirm into the usual damage Scorpion gets whereas F3 spear gets you far less and even if you mess up the timing you're still plus.

Just keep practicing, Scorp's cancels aren't that difficut outside of maybe a couple but it's essential to master them in order to use Hellfire correctly.

FluffyKittenPops

#ONTHERISE
214 is the best one to use if you're going to FBC it and it's +8 when done perfectly, if you want to test your timing set Cassie to reversal flip kick and get a D1 to jail afterwards. If she blocks it you've cancelled it properly, if you stuff it or she hits you that means you were late.

123 is still good for cancel pressure but is best used when you have flame aura active as that can tick armour so you have a higher chance of breaking through it. B3 and F3 when FBC'd are +1 which isn't great but does give you a safe launcher for no meter when done right.

F3 FBC on hit is great as it allows you to confirm into the usual damage Scorpion gets whereas F3 spear gets you far less and even if you mess up the timing you're still plus.

Just keep practicing, Scorp's cancels aren't that difficut outside of maybe a couple but it's essential to master them in order to use Hellfire correctly.
Rip.. I'm doing 214 fbc into d1 and I hit her flipkick but she still reversals me.

And what are some ways to open them up?

Some Bnbs?

JTB123

Rip.. I'm doing 214 fbc into d1 and I hit her flipkick but she still reversals me.

And what are some ways to open them up?

Some Bnbs?
The timing to jail after Cassie's flip kick is pretty tough, if you're new to Scorpion don't worry and just keep practicing.

The main way to open people up with Scorp in Hellfire is by conditioning them to block a certain way. someone familiar with him will know to always block low first as that's where his B3 comes from. F4 is reactable but you're going to want to test people to see if they can actually do so.

Here are some BnBs for Hellfire.

214 - Tele - 21 - Spear - JI2 - F4 - Aura or teleport. If you want to keep the pressure up you can apply 214 after the teleport hits or try and bait out armour after Aura. Both have their risks but the pay out is huge.

Same applies for 123 and 114. Note you must do JI2 for F4 to natural combo.

Cancel combos from B3 and F3 would be something like:

B3 - FBC - 214 - Tele - etc
F3 - FBC - 214 - Tele - etc

F3 into F3 is easier if you just to practice that aspect of the execution.

Off of B1 FBC you can do anything you want, also note that B1 dash cancel gives enough time for his S1 and S2 strings to connect but if they block this fast reversals will punish you so always play it safe and run cancel it.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I still use all variations of Scorpion at some point or another.

Inferno isn't an abysmal variation per se (LBSH, Jason exists) but it does almost nothing for Scorpion in terms of utility. Not really worth your time.

Perhaps the biggest prize draw of Hellfire is that generally you can't be punished for much, it's the only variation where both mixups are completely safe. Don't just look his FBRC's as a constant barrage of buttons, don't be afraid to check with ghetto tick grabs in between cancels (which, with Flame Aura activated, grabs do a relatively hefty 14%, and set up for a free OTG EX Hellfire if they're down to enough health for the killing blow) or bait a reversal.

If you're having trouble making ends meet with the cancels, I would suggest practicing them individually from easiest to hardest which IMO:
B1
B3
F3
B12
F4

Flame Aura activation does well to regulate the "come in" zone so to speak but make sure you work on calculating the right time to use it, because you can't activate it again for another 8 seconds (barring getting hit), which is a relative eternity in the MKX meta.

Outside of armor breaking there isn't much "tech" to Ninjutsu, it will serve you as well as you understand your neutral and spacing as a player.

B3 and F3 when FBC'd are +3 and +8 respectively
FTFY.

JTB123

You can jail D4. I suppose you could jail a D2 if you did it point blank.
Guess I need to practice that then, I can stuff things but making a true block string I didn't think was possible.

Just now realise what you avatar is btw, fucking godlike lol