What's new

Question Does ANYONE here uses Cyblax over Cyrax in a competitive level?

CYracks

Command Grabber
Robot Cyrax has better bomb traps and easier resets.

Human Cyrax has: better hitbox on his standing 1, better hitbox on chest-saw making it harder to punish and improving his footsie game, 2nd best teleport in the game, better hitbox when throwing nets, strangely ambiguous/weak bombs, better hitbox on XRAY, and as a character feels slightly slower than robo cyrax for some reason.

I think, when this game is fully flushed out, that human Cyrax will be higher on the tier list than Robo. Thanks to CSZ and human Sektor we all know the Cyber Initiative really fucked up.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I have been trying his resets but I cannot get them down consistently, they do seem pretty tough. This is what I use:

JIP 21 net, JIP 21 EX bomb, medium bomb, 11 close bomb, net, NJP, b2, 21 net, deep jump kick uppercut. 70%

Is there an easier reset or more damaging reset? Am I doing right? It would be appreciated for help
King, you can try this starter before the reset: JIP 21 net, JIP b2 NJP, EX bomb, far bomb, 121, close bomb, net, then whatever followup. Its a bit harder but does around 5% more I think. The key is hitting the 121 part low to the ground.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

I think, when this game is fully flushed out, that human Cyrax will be higher on the tier list than Robo.
Agreed. The teleport plus the mid bomb rolling further makes Cyblax a better character IMO. His resets may be harder but he still gets plenty of damage and the ability to get in on zoners is a MU changer.

NariTuba

disMember
King, you can try this starter before the reset: JIP 21 net, JIP b2 NJP, EX bomb, far bomb, 121, close bomb, net, then whatever followup. Its a bit harder but does around 5% more I think. The key is hitting the 121 part low to the ground.
does 3% more... jip 21net jip b2 f2exb, fb, 121cb also does 39%. Are you consistent with it? seems very hard

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
does 3% more... jip 21net jip b2 f2exb, fb, 121cb also does 39%. Are you consistent with it? seems very hard
I'm not consistent enough to use it in a tourney match, so I stick with the one that has the EX bomb, mid bomb, 11, close bomb most of the time myself.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I'm not consistent enough to use it in a tourney match, so I stick with the one that has the EX bomb, mid bomb, 11, close bomb most of the time myself.
When I do the 11 close bomb, than do net after it, the close bomb rolls too much and the explosion is too far away after the guy dissolves from the net :( idk what to do about that

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
When I do the 11 close bomb, than do net after it, the close bomb rolls too much and the explosion is too far away after the guy dissolves from the net :( idk what to do about that
Hm, King, try instead of just throwing close bomb, cancel backdash into close bomb. I mean it should be done like this: JIP->2,1~Net->JIP->2,1~ExBomb->mid bomb-> 1,1~dashback(!) into close bomb->net. I think it might help.

NKZero

Noob

Human Cyrax has: better hitbox on his standing 1, better hitbox on chest-saw making it harder to punish and improving his footsie game, 2nd best teleport in the game, better hitbox when throwing nets, strangely ambiguous/weak bombs, better hitbox on XRAY, and as a character feels slightly slower than robo cyrax for some reason.

I think, when this game is fully flushed out, that human Cyrax will be higher on the tier list than Robo. Thanks to CSZ and human Sektor we all know the Cyber Initiative really fucked up.
With Cyblax and CSZ there are notable differences in terms of match-ups when compared to Sub Zero and Cyrax obviously. But with Sektor the only MU that may be different is Steve going even with Freddy. Then again, Sektor has a sexier laugh and looks 10x cooler than Steve so for Sektor the Cyber Initiative was a success I'd say. That's why he was so keen on it :).

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
With Cyblax and CSZ there are notable differences in terms of match-ups when compared to Sub Zero and Cyrax obviously. But with Sektor the only MU that may be different is Steve going even with Freddy. Then again, Sektor has a sexier laugh and looks 10x cooler than Steve so for Sektor the Cyber Initiative was a success I'd say. That's why he was so keen on it :).
Robo Sek also has advantages than ugly Hektor that nobody knows or points out. I'm not gonna explain them here, that's what the Sektor forum is for :>

NariTuba

disMember
It's cool but yeah I started doing the dash back instead of 11 into close bomb, I pull of the reset consistently like 9/10 times now lol
I recently realized that the dash back bomb cancel after 11 is bugged: randomly the bomb wont come out. At first I thought it was dependant on the height at which you catch them with the 11 (and it is to a certain degree)... but then I went back to a recorded combo I had and the bomb didnt come out, tho it did when i recorded it and on subsecuent replays :p

I found the best way to get the bomb is to catch them with the 11 as high as possible.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I recently realized that the dash back bomb cancel after 11 is bugged: randomly the bomb wont come out. At first I thought it was dependant on the height at which you catch them with the 11 (and it is to a certain degree)... but then I went back to a recorded combo I had and the bomb didnt come out, tho it did when i recorded it and on subsecuent replays :p

I found the best way to get the bomb is to catch them with the 11 as high as possible.
It has more to do with not having 2 bombs on the screen at the same time. When you you dash forward to do med bomb, you want to have the med bomb explode at the instant you do back dash into close bomb.

That is what I noticed. not the hight on 11 but the timing in order to make med bomb explode before you launch close bomb.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
It has more to do with not having 2 bombs on the screen at the same time. When you you dash forward to do med bomb, you want to have the med bomb explode at the instant you do back dash into close bomb.

That is what I noticed. not the hight on 11 but the timing in order to make med bomb explode before you launch close bomb.
I will remember that next time I I am dashing forward

NariTuba

disMember

Well, you CAN have two bombs on the screen at the same time. What you are not allowed to do is to put a 2nd bomb on the screen once the opp has been juggled with a bomb. You can test this easily by doing 21Exb, mb, cb. Both bombs come out because you put the 2nd one on the screen before the 1st juggled them. To test the opposite just do 21Exb, mb d2 cb... the bomb wont come out, which is why you cant get a bomb setup ender after any combo that juggled the opp with a bomb.

What we are doing with the reset is the opposite, we are putting the 2nd bomb out on the screen a split second before they get juggled by the first. You are right that it has to do with this and not the height of the 11. The thing is if you catch them with the 11 as high as possible that means that the dash before the mb was as short as possible, which in turn means you have more time to dash back and throw the second bomb before they get juggled by the first. Plus, mastering that 11 juggle to be as high as possible really helps execute the more advanced followups (reverse uppercut).

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Well, you CAN have two bombs on the screen at the same time. What you are not allowed to do is to put a 2nd bomb on the screen once the opp has been juggled with a bomb. You can test this easily by doing 21Exb, mb, cb. Both bombs come out because you put the 2nd one on the screen before the 1st juggled them. To test the opposite just do 21Exb, mb d2 cb... the bomb wont come out, which is why you cant get a bomb setup ender after any combo that juggled the opp with a bomb.

What we are doing with the reset is the opposite, we are putting the 2nd bomb out on the screen a split second before they get juggled by the first. You are right that it has to do with this and not the height of the 11. The thing is if you catch them with the 11 as high as possible that means that the dash before the mb was as short as possible, which in turn means you have more time to dash back and throw the second bomb before they get juggled by the first. Plus, mastering that 11 juggle to be as high as possible really helps execute the more advanced followups (reverse uppercut).
Indeed